Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

eddie

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fradonjan 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 7:13 pm
Post subject: eddieReply with quote

hi
i just thought i would say something good about your pres,i was at the game today at subi,and before the game i heard that eddie was behind in helping freo get some sponsorship,if that is so then i congratulate him and apoligise for how the crowd gave him the rasberry,also he made a special effort to walk about 50mtrs to shake the hand of walker,i know he played well for you and he is very well thought of over here,after he did that the crowd also appreciated it and left him alone,(eddie that is)i think alot of people hear have a lot more respect for eddie,me being one of them.we dont read much about what he does only mainly on the footy show.
but i am sure you all think he is great.for your side to come over here and lose then you must get some idea of what it is like to travel 11-13 time during a season,and i think most people over here would like a little more respect about our teamand were we are going ,i congratulate your team as we were both on the bottom last year and i think we will both be going places for a whil e yet.
anyway good luck for the future
fradonjan

sim_will 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 7:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

as a freo member, i totally stand with you on that one. ed's done some great stuff for freo recently and for some twats of supporters to boo him (although it may have been directed at mick)was pretty ordinary.

i made the trek across to colonial last year to see freo v pies and didnt see anything of the sort from your supporters.

youre lucky to have ed!

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 4:07 am

Thanks guys, yes we are very lucky to have Eddie.
I wasn't surprised to hear that Freo supporters booed him, I just assumed that it was because he represents what everyone loves to hate and that's the Collingwood Footbal Club.
I'm sure Eddie is used to that part and loving it!
It's good to know that people also appreciate what he does for Football in general - aside from Collingwood.

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 3:08 pm

To our Freo visitors,

Thanks for your positive input and congratulations on a great win. I believe that was a record crowd for a non-derby Freo game in Perth and I was honoured to be there.

I enjoyed the day. Our merry band of 6 Cheer Squad people bore the brunt of the relentless hostility up our end ... (left of screen for TV viewers ... don't know the name of the actual stand that we were in front of). No quarter was given or asked during the game ... but when the game finished I actually found myself shaking hands and chatting pleasantly with people that I'd been screaming venom at all day.

Must be a W.A. thing. There is no way that would happen in Melbourne.

I'd gone to that place with a total contempt for W.A. football fans and left with a genuine admiration for the Freo crowd. It takes them a while to warm up, but when they get going they completely overwhelm you with the sound they generate. Especially when they sing that "Freeee-oh !" chant.

We've got a new chant at Collingwood that we've been using in the Cheer Squad a bit in recent weeks. We sing a long drawn out Coll-ing-woo-ood" with our scarves in the air. At this stage it's confined mostly to the Cheer Squad and people in the immediate vicinity, but I look forward to day when it will spread to the whole crowd like the "Freee-oh" chant has done at Subi.

Thanks again ... and yes, Eddie McGuire is a truly great guy. We're very proud to have him as our President. He's doing great things for Collingwood ... and he's also using his tremendous influence to help other clubs as well.

Love him or hate him ... Eddie McGuire is great for football.

Looking forward to meeting Freo in a more Collingwood-friendly environment sometime in September

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 5:07 pm

Eddie is one bonza bloke.

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !.............................http://www.mp3.com/joffa

fradonjan 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 7:24 pm

yeh we love our chantas well,this time last year there would have been half as many people there but the chant would have been just as strong.
we hope to buid a great club like yours and we have a great base at fremantle itself,if you ever get over here make sure you go there.
i even went one step further yesterday and sent a personal letter to eddie and more or less said the same as i said in the post last night.
any way thanks for your thanks and i am glad you got some of our better hospitality while you were here.

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 5:04 am

its good 2 see some people outside collingwood recognising eddie for what hes done for football. a lot just see him as collingwood, the enemy. but he helps out other clubs as well. i dont know how he has time to do anything hes on tv so much, maybe hes spiderman lol.

anyway 2 u freo supporters, thank u for your positive input.

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 6:35 am

EDDIE! EDDIE! EDDIE!

That's what we will chant next time he walks past us in the Ponsford.

Glad to hear that not all Freeo supporters booed him.

One (minor) point though, Walker played some great quarters for us, maybe even some great halves, but I never saw him complete a whole game.

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
Nick is RAD 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 5:28 am

I think its great that the freo supporters are so supportive of 'our' ed. I was talking to a friend of mine (Doggies supporter) a couple of weeks ago, actually i think it was the day before the doggies game, and he couldn't praise eddie enough. We both agreed that he doesnt get the respect from a lot of people, that he deserves. The amount of effort he puts into football, especially, in my friends case, helping struggling victorian clubs, is absolutely awesome. Go eddie!
It sounds like freo have a really good club, and some pretty cool supporters, so good luck in the future guys!

--nick davis is the next best thing!!--

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 7:57 am

Opps we had some dramas but its all fixed now.....
Two things that I would like to add.
1)Thank you to the 2 FREO supporters that have added their wishes on this BB.Regardless whether they have done it 'tounge in cheek' or otherwise,it is GREAT to see other supporters give Ed the recognition that he deserves.
2) Last night on the 7;30 report or ACA,I cant remember which one,Eddie spoke out against the Federal Goernment concerning the MCG revamp.
It was good to see hime state his case and also it is good to see the VIC Government/MCG Trust put their money where their mouth is....STUFF Mr Tony Abbott and his croonies.and get the job done.
Amdirations for Eddie,the MCG Trust and the Bracks Government.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Brown26 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 10:13 am

It's a damn nice ting to see - opposition suppoeters posting and the whole thing not turning into a blood bath of abuse!! I'm sure it means a lot to Ed to know other people, not jsut Collingwood fans, appreciate what he's done, becaue it does take a lot of effort and it is above and beyond what he usually get's recognised for, and god knows there are enough people who bag him for no good reason. good on ya Ed!

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: