Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What cheeses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Chicks Channel

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JacJacJacqui Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jock McPie wrote:
Nutmeg wrote:
hahahaha

I'm an English teacher so what also cheeses me off, is how annoying I am when I correct people's grammar/spelling.
I KNOW I'm annoying, but it's a nasty habit - I can't stop doing it!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

yes, I have a problem

i'm not a teacher and i have the urge to do that. i am amazed at how common poor grammar/spelling is especially at management level.

You're not wrong! I correct the spelling mistakes of lawyers. LAWYERS! They are meant to have got a 99.8 enter score with just about perfect scores in English and some of them can't spell! Seriously, there is a real problem in this country. I heard on the radio that some idiot reckons we should embrace peoples new forms of spelling ie as long as you know what it is meant to say then it is correct. So I could say "2moro im goin 2 tha sirkas 2 woch tha elifants". Are you for REAL? Are people not dumb enough as it is? Today I also heard that they want to give students the option of using the internet and phoning a friend for help in tests to prepare them for the real world and all they have to do is cite the reference (as if). All that teaches them is that they don't need to KNOW anything, as long as someone else knows it, they'll get by. It's NOT ok. Who wants to become a "Google that shit!" society? I'm embarrassed.

Pirate skulls and bones
Sticks and stones and weed and bombs
Running when we hit 'em
Lethal poison through their system
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:42 pm

JacJacJacqui wrote:
Jock McPie wrote:
Nutmeg wrote:
hahahaha

I'm an English teacher so what also cheeses me off, is how annoying I am when I correct people's grammar/spelling.
I KNOW I'm annoying, but it's a nasty habit - I can't stop doing it!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

yes, I have a problem

i'm not a teacher and i have the urge to do that. i am amazed at how common poor grammar/spelling is especially at management level.

You're not wrong! I correct the spelling mistakes of lawyers. LAWYERS! They are meant to have got a 99.8 enter score with just about perfect scores in English and some of them can't spell! Seriously, there is a real problem in this country. I heard on the radio that some idiot reckons we should embrace peoples new forms of spelling ie as long as you know what it is meant to say then it is correct. So I could say "2moro im goin 2 tha sirkas 2 woch tha elifants". Are you for REAL? Are people not dumb enough as it is? Today I also heard that they want to give students the option of using the internet and phoning a friend for help in tests to prepare them for the real world and all they have to do is cite the reference (as if). All that teaches them is that they don't need to KNOW anything, as long as someone else knows it, they'll get by. It's NOT ok. Who wants to become a "Google that shit!" society? I'm embarrassed.

well, txtspk is already being accepted in english exams in a certain country that is not far from here. i hope we never go down that path or is it too late?

you only have to look at a lot of posters here who do not bother to even do their own research ... it's easier to just ask than make a real effort.

JacJacJacqui Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:54 pm

I think it's too late, we've allowed stupid people to breed for far too long. There's a thing called natural selection and it's not happening to humans anymore! Even things like warnings on packaging that are so obvious they're almost pointless. They make me think to myself - you know, anyone who DOESN'T know this really should have to deal with consequences of their ignorance or stupidity anyway.

Pirate skulls and bones
Running when we hit 'em
sam. Capricorn

formally known as BRoDieZ^BaBY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:51 pm

being given my two weeks notice today (which is been upgrade to 4).
god damn. now i know the company i work for isnt going great.. and yes, people are being fired or resigning left right and centre, but i didnt think they would get rid of ME. im awesome.

so i was told this morning and i was upset so i went home and ive been looking for new jobs. i've got an interview tomorrow morning so see how i go!

but argh. im still so shocked. i've cried and everything BECAUSE IM A SOOK!.

if anyone knows anything going, can they let me know?

thanks girlies.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
JacJacJacqui Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:55 pm

Aww sorry to hear that Sam! What kind of work are you looking for and in which geographic area? I can ask around for you. And keep ya chin up! Wink You don't want to get sick again!

Pirate skulls and bones
Running when we hit 'em

Last edited by JacJacJacqui on Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
sam. Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:01 pm

any work! haha.
im currently working for a white goods warranty company.. so customer service/data entry etc etc. i even help out pick packing sometimes. but that sucks. lol.

i've never lost a job or been fired before so its different! very different! ahhh well.

i cant believe ive got an interview so quick (tomorrow morning) so hopefully thats a good sign!

and NO i dont want to get sick again. im still not 100%!! i was just going to stay home tonight but i might go out for coffee with some friends to cheer me up!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
JacJacJacqui Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:08 pm

Hmm I'll ask around

Pirate skulls and bones
Running when we hit 'em
sam. Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:37 pm

yeahh..

so far ive got an interview tomorrow at 9, then an appointment with a recruitment agency on friday at 9, and i just had a mini phone interview for another job just now.

fingers crossed i get something asap and can say **** you to my old workplace!

Magpie Girl Leo

Daisy, my Collingwood supporting birdy....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:01 pm

I hate my big fat mouth, I open it way to much before I think. On 2 occasions I was having a joke around with my friends & I, without thinking, casically called my friend a sl*t. The first time sh ignored me for the next lesson until I said sorry, then the next time I just said sorry straight away & started back tracking.

I hate being ignored, especially when I have no idea what I've done to warrant being ignored.

I hate things being complicated. Everything is lately. From my friends to school, it's so annoying!!

I hate it when things you don't want to come out, eventually do.

Yeah, just a bit annoyed lately..... Confused

Nutmeg Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:36 am

Yet another rugby knee injury
did it in a losing grand final two weeks ago
Had an MRI yesterday, just waiting for the results. no playing for Oz for me this year methinks

don't think I could face more surgery..........

Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:11 pm

Magpie Girl wrote:
I hate my big fat mouth, I open it way to much before I think. On 2 occasions I was having a joke around with my friends & I, without thinking, casically called my friend a sl*t.

Oh, it cheeses me off when people can't take a joke!! Razz

Me and my girls call each other sl*ts all the time, just mucking around.. Nobody cares.. Very Happy Why waste time with petty fighting?! Smile

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:22 pm

Yeah me and me best mate call each other tarts all the time. We know we're only kidding. I think it becomes a drama when you're young and single and you're not sure if the person calling you a slut really means it or not. As long as you know you're not, then who cares? That's what I say, anyway.

And to Sam - that's bad luck, mate. Happened to me, recently too. They hired too many casuals so it was a case of, last hired, first fired. But I got another job straight away, so I have no dount you will too. And you have youth on your side, which helps. I'd love a data entry job cos I'm a pretty fast typist.

Magpie Girl Leo

Daisy, my Collingwood supporting birdy....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:17 pm

It's weird 'cause we do actually call eachother lots of things like that all the time. Sometimes we just laugh it off, but when my friend is in one of those bad moods where you don't know she's in a bad mood, then she gets angry.
Like the other day, we were having a joke around & she (for some reason) called me a "butt sl*t" I laughed & said "Atleast I'm not another.... kinda.... sl*t" & she gave me the dirtiest look imaginable, & if you get one of those looks from her, it's time to start back tracking..... Rolling Eyes
Why do friends have to be so damn annoying!? Confused

sam. Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:20 pm

mel_kay39 wrote:

And to Sam - that's bad luck, mate. Happened to me, recently too. They hired too many casuals so it was a case of, last hired, first fired. But I got another job straight away, so I have no dount you will too. And you have youth on your side, which helps. I'd love a data entry job cos I'm a pretty fast typist.

well its been going good!
as i said i had an interview thursday, and i had 2 on friday.
got a 2nd interview on tuesday, and 2nd interview on wednesday so at the moment it isnt going to bad!

i've just discovered my typing speed.. had to do a few tests..
73 words per minute! couldnt belive it!! haha.

JacJacJacqui Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:47 am

Grr

What cheeses me off is when you say something in a thread and then some fat head says something derogatory about you even though it has nothing to do with anything. After this, a heated discussion ensues. I make said user look like the idiot she is and I get a yellow card! What is this board coming to when we can't even appreciate gold like that?!

Pirate skulls and bones
Running when we hit 'em
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Chicks Channel All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: