Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Yesterdays Game!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doska^32 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 5:48 pm
Post subject: Yesterdays Game!Reply with quote

Every loss hurts the Black & White army. Every loss will hurt the Presidente, the Board members, the players, the coach the boot cleaners and everyone else involved down at the Collingwood Football Club, No Shit Sherlock!
Yesterdays game, I thought the boys played there heart out, it was always going to be hard going up there playing against an up and coming side. Fremantle were impressive but for them to get my respect as a football club they will have to start winning on the road it's as simple as that.
I was very disapointed that Scott Burns was taken off after dominating the first quarter that was a simple error that Malthouse made. Another play that did well in the first quarter and was taken off was Josh Fraser. May I please ask why? I know some of you might have a go at me saying I'm a bit to harsh here. I know Collingwood have some sort of rotation system happening but is it necessary to rotate players that are dominating, yes I understand if they are dominating and the game is in the bag rotate them but why take them off when the game is there to be one. I don't know why Malthouse took of Burns maybe it wasn't a rotating move maybe something was wrong with Burns. As soon as Burns was off the field Fremantle started coming back at us,it was when he came back on we answered the challenge and got our selves infront by 20 points. What went wrong from there? I tell you the truth most of Fremantles free kicks were there but what pissed me off was the lack of consistancy from the umpires who didn't give us the frees they were giving Fremantle.
The forward line cannot be blamed the delivery was very poor and I hope the injuries to Tarrant and Rocca are not bad. I want to congratulate Heith Scotland on a great game, there is no doubt about it Scotland should be in our first 22 week in week out. Freeborn we continue to see two sides of him the good side and the evil side. When his good his good when his evil his evil, if you know what I mean. Buckley had a go he played better then in previous weeks, he was one of the reasons why we answered the challenge in the middle part of the game. Leon Davis was inspirational and I thought Fraser played well. Scott Burns was close to B.O.G. Clement was beaten by Medhurst we rarely see that happen. Cloke is a good player already but that was probbaly his first bad game, McGough struggled and Betheras looked out of sorts. I sound like a critic, you can call me what you want. I agree with Malthouse the players are tired playing on a Monday then going to Subiaco 6 days later is a daunting task for any side and I thought the boys did everything possible to try win the game but were beaten by a side that played better on the day as simple as that. I have no doubts that if we played Fremantle here we would wallop them by 10 goals and I have no doubt that Scott Cummings will be back against the Kangaroos kick 5 and we will win by 46 points. I'm not gonna worry about the games afta that,take it a game at a time. I agree with Alf Andrews we are capable of beating anyone down here and we have to try snatch a win interstate. It is possible for us to 16-6 but I can see us either being 14-8 or 15-7 anything less then 14 is a poor because we are in a position to finish in the top 4 and I'm sure we will if we continue to play well and play to our strengths.

GO THE PIES!!!!!

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 6:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

MM does not normally rotate Chris T or Rocca, but the rest seem all to get a go.

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: