Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood V Frankston

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, my first game watching the VFL team and I concur that that venue is god awful. Disgusting and don't know if I could go back there.

Importantly, the footy. Horrible fadeout and I really can't believe they let a five goal lead at three quarter time slip away. As for the AFL listed players ...

DAWES: did some really nice strong work early, some great set-ups but at quarter time pointed out to the doc that he had something wrong with his lower leg in between his heel and calf muscle. Struggled through second quarter, bench for last half. Still like the look of this monster of a kid. Got a bit of shit in him too which is good to see.

McCAFFER: I'm bloody well impressed. Had a very good player on him early, got double teamed often, and the supply was not good to him. Frankston filled holes well. Yet, with minimal opportunities, he kicked three beautiful goals. He's class, this kid, and a dead-eye dick. Like him a lot and will be a senior player even though today wasn't one of his better games. Three goals is three goals and he's kicked at least three every game for the last four weeks I believe??

COX: Awesome, a class above without a shadow of doubt. Got the ball a squillion times and most of the time his vision and delivery were first rate. He is clearly a senior AFL player, this bloke, yet seems to be on the fringe.

STANLEY: Excellent game, got a lot of it, still worried he's not going to be a fit for our midfield, or even as a back flanker. Don't know who he would nudge out of our senior team, to be honest. If he gets another chance at the top level, and he well could on his recent form, he's going to have to own the footy and play a blinder.

EGAN: While he was ok, he's not dominating the Magoos and he bloody well should be. Harsh, but we need to try and trade him.

McCARTHY: Very impressive and one to keep an eye on. Won't be surprised at all if he's playing senior football next year, he's quick and tough.

PRESTI: Know he's only just come back but going on today it could be the end for our Presti. Hope he proves me wrong.

NICHOLLS: Tried hard but don't think he's up to AFL. Not smart enough.

BARHAM: Watch him. He has pace to burn and is clever. Will develop. Love how he takes them on, even though he got caught out a couple of times today.

DYAS: He's a goer, tried hard, tackles hard and smothers, and quite remarkably skilled for a bloke who's only playing his first year of Aussie rules.

COOK: Not really a good day for Cookie, didn't see enough of him.

THOOLEN: Showed a bit. Didn't dominate, but is a bit of a wildcard. Strong hands, quite nimble for his size too.

That's all I can really think of, guys.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:58 pm

^ that's a pretty good assessment. remember that thoolen, even jmac are longer term prospects. i loved that dyas got stuck into one of the frankston chaps and refused to eb pushed around.

i had the same thoughts as you about presti but he is still only 29 or 30. egan needs to be moved on, best for both parties.

WKB 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:04 pm

steviewonder36 wrote:
WKB wrote:
PraiseMillane wrote:
ANY ACTUAL COMMENTS ABOUT OUR PLAYERS ON THE GROUND??? NOT CONCERNED ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE DIM SIMS AND HOW LONG THE QUEUE WAS FOR THE TOILETS.

PROVIDE A PLAYER SUMMARY.

Seriously?! And in Caps as well like you are yelling at us, if I want to go to every game like I have and come on here and talk about the food then I will.

WTF, some people live Interstate on this forum, who cares about your dim sim experience, you little child!

And you are under some foolish belief that we are at your beck and call of giving summaries, if we go to the game and then give a summary, good, if we don't don't tell us we have to.

I spent 20 years of my life living in the NT and I didn't demand anyone who went to games give me a detailed summary!

Also I never wrote anything about dim sims...so I guess stevie wonder by name, stevie wonder by nature.
Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:08 pm

Yeah, you're right about Presti, Jock. Best give him a few games to settle back in before passing judgment. And that was a beautiful thing seeing the little Irishman not let them shove him around. Like the ruckman, Crow, too, he has a good dip. And that little Tully fella is a goer
Santo Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:11 pm

Big T wrote:
I am extremely concerned about the quality of the dim sims, if need be I can discuss with the Dim Sim Bureau in Wenzhou.

The worst part was that you couldn't even get steamed ones. Only fried. Which is not good considering that Australia is already a fat nation! Choices please.

On the game. Stanley, Cook, Iles, Egan and Cox were our best players I thought.

I liked Dawes game until he was injured. Maybe we would have won had he not gotten injured.

Who were was wearing numbers #30 and #26 for us?

Number #26 for us was the shortest bloke i've seen play at that level. He would give Liba a run for his money.

# 30 Thoolen I think at 3/4 time displayed the worst body langauge I have seen from someone at that level. Looked completely stuffed, crouched over and that the weather was too cold for him. I had to laugh myself.

Last edited by Santo on Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:11 pm

yea what podpicken wrote is spot on.

the pies kept on going to the same pocket for the whole of the 3rd qtr when they could of went down the guts.

hey jonesy where abouts did you sit at the game
Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:19 pm

Nichols is not on our list so I too doubt he will play AFL level footy
Santo Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:20 pm

One thing that I noticed about Dawes is that he lead and presented well. His disposal wasn't great but he looks clean by hand and foot and i'm sure this will improve. It must also be noted, who does Dawes pass the ball too at VFL level. There is no Rocca, Cloke, Medhurst, etc... Maybe if/when he gets his chance he will look better at AFL! I hope so. For me, he looked alot better than some of the reports I have read on this forum. Maybe that means he is on the improve!
YT 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:30 pm

Did Iles or Casey-Leigh play?
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:30 pm

^ i hope you noticed the ordinary delivery dawes gets. he also ends up chasing kicks on the wing. i'm sure he'll take the step up well.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:31 pm

YT wrote:
Did Iles or Casey-Leigh play?

yes, one poster gave iles a mention but we can't expect you to read everything. casey-leigh played, didn't think it was great game from him.

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:33 pm

paddywacker wrote:
Big T wrote:
I am extremely concerned about the quality of the dim sims, if need be I can discuss with the Dim Sim Bureau in Wenzhou.

The worst part was that you couldn't even get steamed ones. Only fried. Which is not good considering that Australia is already a fat nation! Choices please.

On the game. Stanley, Cook, Iles, Egan and Cox were our best players I thought.

I liked Dawes game until he was injured. Maybe we would have won had he not gotten injured.

Who were was wearing numbers #30 and #26 for us?

Number #26 for us was the shortest bloke i've seen play at that level. He would give Liba a run for his money!

30 is toby thoolen, and 26 is the shortarsed tilly yeoman or something like that.

The Weed 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:35 pm

This is a summary of the players efforts for the 1st 3 quarters as hardly any Collingwood player got a kick in the last. Rowdy as part of hi s3 /4 time address actually said” I am scared to tell you you are going well, as when I have done that in the past you have rested on your efforts( Paraphrasing him).

It was a very windy day with the wind blowing across the ground but probably favouring the”legends” stand end ( which was the one we kicked to in the last ¼).

I will give you my appraisal of the players I feel qualified to do so as I changed ends each quarter to watch the forwards.

Dawes – was going well again until but only played 1st half, he was limping badly when he came out at ¾ time. He probably had 10 possessions and 6 marks, delivery to him was ordinary. He was probably too unselfish in looking for players from about 50 metres out when he could have had a shot But very encouraging and woul dhave ben in best players up to ½ time. Set up a couple of goals.

McCaffer Played ok but lack of size hurt him/us as the key forward. A lot lees effective after Dawes went off as was the whole forward line

Egan did some great things and some shabby stuff (including $hiting himself once) If it was his first or second year you would say yea he will be aplayer but I don’t know.

Thoolen - not a great game and struggled to have an impact once moved to CHF after Dawes went off.

Stanley – Played very well and was very hard at it but still didn’t reach the heights of his first game for the Pies over in the West against Freo when I thought we found Scott Burns’ replacement

Isles/Cook – I put them together because quite frankly they are they same player, maybe Cook better today but these guys along with Stanley are never going to put any pressure on the senior onballers. We must target on ballers in this year’s draft.

Presti – How can you rate Presti, he never gets big possessions and is only considered to have done a good job if he keeps a big name forward quite. He didn’t do that today.

McCarthy – didn’t know which one he was until about ½ time so cant say much except he gave away free kick and 50 metre penalty in last ¼ which killed us.

Cox – I am a Coxy fan so don’t want to be accused of bias but as usual he did his share of things which put him above VFL level but got caught a couple of times which I don’t mind as he take players on and runs forward (take note Pendles). I thought he woul dhave been best players

Barham – It was great to see him out there and he reminds you of his old man except maybe without the finishing skills. Pace to burn and backs himself which resulted in him getting caught a few times and giving away free kicks but plenty of upside and got a bit of the ball but I don’t think he is a natural ball magnet. Not an in under type but may develop that once he has been in the gym.

Can’t think of any others but if missed any Collingwood listed players let me know and I will see what I remember.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:39 pm

i thought the wind swung around to favour the dole bludgers in the last quarter.

and. egan's squib of an effort was just dreadful for a senior listed player.

jonesy86 Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:48 pm

-magpies are 2 good- wrote:
yea what podpicken wrote is spot on.

the pies kept on going to the same pocket for the whole of the 3rd qtr when they could of went down the guts.

hey jonesy where abouts did you sit at the game

on the wing, the level below the coaches box

I doubt Barham will make it, he has blistering speed but has woeful skills.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: