Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

MATCH REPORT

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed healey 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 6:09 pm
Post subject: MATCH REPORTReply with quote

Im feeling too crook to write the usual blow by blow report .Apologies to those that dont see or hear the game and rely on reports like that but ive been crookas a dog for 2 weeks now,and thats the best i can do.

1st qtr
we looked to have the game covered as we had double the possessions of freo but the funny thing is that if freo hadnt squandered the chances they had it would have been all square at qtr time.
i didnt think we were really going for the kill and were just doing what was needed.
Parker had Taz covered,Scotland got a lot of the ball,but didnt do much with it and his opponent Cook ran riot all day.
37-15 up at the change.
like has been the case lately after a good start we have the next 2 qtrs off and the players have a siesta.
Its obvious that the team picked for this game is not the right mix as the freo small forwards are making Richo&co look like snails.
Luckily for us freo couldnt kick a goal to save themselves as they miss about 7 easy shots at goal,and when Freeza sinks a long goal we are still 22 up with a few minutes to the long break,and freo squander a couple more shots before the siren to see us go in 20 up.
Its obvious that if freo start kicking goals next half we are gone unless we change the lineup somewhat.
3rd qtr
freo kick 4 goals in 4 minutes to hit the front and,i say i told ya so.
it was bound to happen.When we go forward we bomb it long,but theres no talls down there and bell is the only one roving packs and he is having a picnic,.
Q.Why bomb long to a small forward and have no rover at the back?
i always doubted Mm as a forward coach,and it was proved today or else the players were just lazy,which was it?
Troy Cook and peter bell were on the end of countless handballs from docker and magpie players for the 2nd half.
hasleby made us look silly,and somehow we were still infront.
last qtr
same old story every time we go forward its bombed in by the talls to the smalls and bell is the only one down.
leon marked and ignored Cloke on his own in the square and then kicked a point,and from then on the fat lady was singing for the wrong reason.
Simmons killed us in the ruck,hasleby,bell and Cook never seemed to have an opponent all day,and the forward set up was a shambles.
Taz had his usual day off after a good game.
Down by 11 at the finish flattered us,it should have been 60.
I really believe we lost it at the selection table as the team on the ground today was run off their legs.
votes
3 Presti
2 Lockyer
2 Lika
1 Scotland( got it a lot but didnt do much with it)
1 Burns
1 Fraser
season tally
12 Lika,Rocca,Bucks
9 Cloke
7 Burns
6 Freeborn
5 taz,Lockyer,leon davis
4 McKee,Mcgeough,Holland,Fraser
3 wakes,presti
2 Clement,Richo,Steiner,Boofa,Johnno
1 Cummings,Scotland.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: