Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rnd 12 winners!?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:58 pm
Post subject: Rnd 12 winners!?Reply with quote

Sad SORRYYYYY!

You have all guessed right.... There are no winners for Rnd 12

Wakes 150 milestone on one side ..... and on the other ... Embarassed MCDONALDS....

So luvdids seeing that you sorta guessed right (right Sponsor wrong round) and I really oopsed it big... Laughing you can have the privi of going out on the ground this week... so can you please get in touch with me via pm. asap...
Rambo... seeing that you were sposed to go out on the ground in Rnd 10 as you were proxy for bucksisgod... you can do it this week... so please get in touch with me via pm asap...(I think you better clean your pm inbox out, as I cant seem to be able to reach you... having sent numerous pms with no reply)

Please dont be discouraged folks, keep up the good work and you never know whats around the corner Wink...... and thanks for your support!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the clubs response to Joff and Dan's banner, do we have any other guidlines from the club other than the word count and no profanity?

Are we able to put up nominations that have a dig at the opposition or will they just be ignored for fear of being controversial and it's better to just be generic and focus on Collingwood?

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:23 am

With your permission guys... I am forwarding your posts to Will at the club... cos I dont know how to answer this....Confused
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:59 am

stui magpie wrote:
Given the clubs response to Joff and Dan's banner, do we have any other guidlines from the club other than the word count and no profanity?

Are we able to put up nominations that have a dig at the opposition or will they just be ignored for fear of being controversial and it's better to just be generic and focus on Collingwood?

iirc once upon a time they were a little more acerbic than they are now. but that was back in the days where political correctness was less prevalent.

as for sponsors having one side of the banner, is it possible to get a heads up or schedule of the rounds when sponsors will be promoted? without sponsors we wouldn't have what we do especially the banners.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:00 am

cobood wrote:
With your permission guys... I am forwarding your posts to Will at the club... cos I dont know how to answer this....Confused

Please do Frankie; and Jock's question as well.

Burnsey's Banner time is a fun threadwhere we can get all the venom out, this one is obviously required to be more PC (or PG13) but it would be good to get some guidance so people can have a legitimate go without unintentionally being dismissed.

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:19 am

I have sent your enquiries in to Will...

To reply to your post Stui... yes Burnsy's Banner time is just that a fun thread... none of those slogans would ever be shown on the runthru for obvious reasons... you must understand that... These threads are the ones that the club takes notice of, that the public will see on the big arena and on screen around the country so we must use a bit of decorum...

Sri Stui and everyone but thats the way it is... I was hoping that this would bring a bit of fun for all of you and a bit of enjoyment in winning... but maybe I was wrong.

Nevertheless I am committed for the rest of the year, Its up to you guys to make a go of it... spread the word around... the more ppl that contribute the better it is...

I'm sorry but I can do no more....

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:35 am

^ people must understand the reasons why sponsors are given some rounds. i'd just like to know which rounds.

i think it is terrific that ordinary supporters have the opportunity to contribute to the club. it's not always the case.

the only thing with the forum being used is that it is not the younger ones getting involved. it is predominantly the adults who are contributing so we need to find a way to get more kids involved.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:21 pm

cobood wrote:
I have sent your enquiries in to Will...

To reply to your post Stui... yes Burnsy's Banner time is just that a fun thread... none of those slogans would ever be shown on the runthru for obvious reasons... you must understand that... These threads are the ones that the club takes notice of, that the public will see on the big arena and on screen around the country so we must use a bit of decorum...

Sri Stui and everyone but thats the way it is... I was hoping that this would bring a bit of fun for all of you and a bit of enjoyment in winning... but maybe I was wrong.

Nevertheless I am committed for the rest of the year, Its up to you guys to make a go of it... spread the word around... the more ppl that contribute the better it is...

I'm sorry but I can do no more....

No no no, please, this is fun too. Don't feel like you've done anything wrong at all. I think this is a great option for supporters to be able to have a say in the wording on the banner.

Burnsy's banner time is like a place to have a rant and say the things that would never, ever get on a real banner, and appropriately so. There's no way we could say some of the slander on the real thing that we do there.

I understand that the real club banner is shown on TV, live in front on tens of thousands of people of all kinds and ages and has to have decorum. Completely agree.

I assume that the club has some parameters they use when selecting the winning banner, all I was asking is a little guidance on those parameters. If the club doesn't want to have a dig at another club in the banner, even mildly worded, then fine. That's their criteria, we all know it and we can focus on other things. If we can mention the other club, but need to steer clear of anything at all provocative, same. No issues, just clarity.

You do a great job, please don't think I was criticising in any way.

rambopriscilla Sagittarius

vvv USE FOUND FOR CAT!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:25 pm

^^^^ Hear hear

Cobood you do a frickin awesome job on these threads and I hope you understand that everyone knows it and appreciates it. Your enthusiasm is infectious but it's just a pity that not enough people visit Your Cheer Squad or make submitting entries a priority. Perhaps each week when you start each new thread you could also publicise it in GD? Just a thought.

As an ordinary supporter the chance to have this sort of input into the banner is fantastic and if there happens to be, say, a milestone banner or an ad, so be it. It's still fun and an opportunity to get the creative juices flowing.

Thanks for doing what you do. Please keep it up, along with your chin.

- "No that's God. He just tries to play like Millane"
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:34 pm

Thanks guys... and believe me I wasnt taking offence at your posts... simply because I feel the same, I wish I could know in advance when both milestones and ads are on together... if its just one side we can still have your contribution on it.. its just that this year happened to have quite a few with both sides of the banner taken...

Anyway here is the reply from Will... hope this sorts some of the probs out, and please if you have any feed back for me whatsoever ...let me know ... if I cant answer I will fwd your questions on to Will...

Anyway here is the reply from Will to the questions I sent in...

Frankie,

Thanks for sending through those questions; hopefully I can help with the answers:

Question1 (Stui Magpie)

The only conditions placed on the banner are that indeed the slogans are not to be offensive or to be directly targeting a certain group or player, or in bad taste. You are free to make mention of the opposition in a light hearted manner however as the banner is indeed for the Collingwood Football Club, the emphasis should preferably be on the Pies.

Question 2 (Jock McPie)

The only remaining sponsor banners for this year are in rounds 19 and 21. However during this timeframe we may have one or two more milestone banners but please keep the slogans coming!

Thanks for passing those on Frankie.

Regards,

William Betts

Membership Assistant

COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:57 pm

thanks frnakie [and will]. well, wakes has another milestone soon.
i hear that will supports the bombers, is this true???

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:59 pm

I dont think so.... Confused
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:38 pm

Jock McPie wrote:
thanks frnakie [and will]. well, wakes has another milestone soon.
i hear that will supports the bombers, is this true???

Who's frnakie Confused Razz

Thanks for the response Frankie, that's great. Wink

My take on that is they want us to focus on the positives on the Pies, not on the opposition, so referring to them is OK, but make it about us, not them. Cool, I can work with that.

As long as you're doing this, I'll put a suggestion in general feedback as a way to get more custom.

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:41 pm

Thanks Stui... that would be great Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: