Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What did you find odd today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:09 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
David wrote:
I don't know if he'd be any more enlightened about Muslims, to be honest. Just totally ignorant.

..... I have made many Jewish f(r)iends over the years. ....They are beautiful warm people. ....

I'm not Razz Wink

We had noticed. Razz

Laughing Wink

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:33 am

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
David wrote:
I don't know if he'd be any more enlightened about Muslims, to be honest. Just totally ignorant.

..... I have made many Jewish f(r)iends over the years. ....They are beautiful warm people. ....

I'm not Razz Wink

We had noticed. Razz

Laughing Wink

I have no response to that Embarassed
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:15 pm

I'll think of something
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:23 am

I was just looking at a Bored Board thread on my iPhone, and for some reason a glitch had occurred where Stui's goofy avatar had disappeared and was appearing next to my posts instead. What is the Internet trying to tell me? Are Stui and I kindred spirits? Surprised

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:50 am

People's reaction to Robin Williams death.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:50 am

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:28 am

David wrote:
I was just looking at a Bored Board thread on my iPhone, and for some reason a glitch had occurred where Stui's goofy avatar had disappeared and was appearing next to my posts instead. What is the Internet trying to tell me? Are Stui and I kindred spirits? Surprised

Be afraid

Be very afraid. Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:26 am

David wrote:

I'm trying to imagine Stui with your avatar!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:35 am

1061 wrote:

Well I guess you've had pot shots at everyone else, so no WTF there!

What is surprising is that since you have been advocate for those down and out or down on their luck, or addicted to what ever, you somehow think it's an over reaction, and that that over reaction is a bad thing

If the story of the greatest clown ever, a true comic genius who has made every one laugh or cry at some point, (even our David can quote from one of his movies) could not beat his own demons, had a sadness so great he chose not to try and live through it anymore.........

If that story can get beyond blue, and the true cost of depression, a bloodless bruiseless cruel disease, out there on the front page. Get just one person through it, to see that they are not alone, this isn't a poor mans, fat mans, dumb mans, disease, and they can find the help they need, well.....

As Jacquie and other have said, we are truly affected by his death, while we could have done nothing to help him from afar, he has indeed helped us at times, escape from reality, we all need that sometimes, and it's no crime.....

Mel Gibson? Well there is a man desperately in need of help. Such a shame. Tim was a truly great movie. And on other days, so is mad max.

Cheers

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:05 am

"Greatest clown ever"? Take your hand off it.

Robin Williams will rightly be famous for many years as one of the very, very few American humorists to have the rare gift of actually being funny. To get a sense of perspective here, compare the Americans with, say, the French or the English - which is a bit unfair since that puts the Yanks way out of their depth and up against some real class, but makes the point. As humorists, the crass, try-hard Americans have talent the way jellyfish has claws. Williams was a glorious exception: he was indeed a true clown of quality. But to call him the "greatest ever" is laughable. Perhaps the ignorant Yanks and a few blinkered Yank-lovers might think so, but only because, being Americans, they have so little experience of quality humour.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:26 am

Tannin wrote:

Robin Williams will rightly be famous for many years as one of the very, very few American humorists to have the rare gift of actually being funny. To get a sense of perspective here, compare the Americans with, say, the French or the English - which is a bit unfair since that puts the Yanks way out of their depth and up against some real class, but makes the point. As humorists, the crass, try-hard Americans have talent the way jellyfish has claws. Williams was a glorious exception: he was indeed a true clown of quality. But to call him the "greatest ever" is laughable. Perhaps the ignorant Yanks and a few blinkered Yank-lovers might think so, but only because, being Americans, they have so little experience of quality humour.

also not a WTF that YOU, took that alone out of my post.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:26 am

Tannin wrote:

also not a WTF that YOU, took that alone out of my post.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:27 am

When is sense of perspective here compare the Americans with say the French or the English - which not unfair that puts the Yanks way out of their depth and up against some real class but makes the point ?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:25 am

1061 wrote:

Really? I don't find it particularly strange that the suicide of a popular actor should provoke response. What have you found odd about it?

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:28 am

No one was/is a greater Clown than Bozo.

Robin Williams was sooooo much more than that is what Tannin was saying.. (I fink).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
Page 67 of 84   

Jump to: