Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What did you find odd today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^

Hah, no. Thankfully. Wink

I already have a punching bag and booze, if I was dealing with the medico's I think I'd also need a 4 pound hammer.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:46 am

David wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Then again, I often get to see the worst in people at times i.e, a skewed sample

Exactly. Which is why the rest of what you posted is actually kind of offensive. .....

Mea Culpa, you're quite right. It is unfair to group all folk like that as I did. I accept I was in the wrong here.

(Been off Nicks for a bit due to other commitments & ought to have posted this earlier).

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:45 am

Well this isn't odd, but don't know where else to put it.

Have come across info on the Bendigo Food & Wine Expo... have any Bendigoians been? Is it any good? Is it worth the trip? I like food & I like wine, so worth considering.

Maybe it's odd I'm thinking of driving to Bendigo for food & wine considering I live next door to the Yarra Valley

Also could pick up some apples on the way home, that in itself is almost worth it.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:10 pm

watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Then again, I often get to see the worst in people at times i.e, a skewed sample

Exactly. Which is why the rest of what you posted is actually kind of offensive. .....

Mea Culpa, you're quite right. It is unfair to group all folk like that as I did. I accept I was in the wrong here.

(Been off Nicks for a bit due to other commitments & ought to have posted this earlier).

All good, WPT. Smile

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:08 pm

luvdids wrote:
Well this isn't odd, but don't know where else to put it.

Have come across info on the Bendigo Food & Wine Expo... have any Bendigoians been? Is it any good? Is it worth the trip? I like food & I like wine, so worth considering.

Maybe it's odd I'm thinking of driving to Bendigo for food & wine considering I live next door to the Yarra Valley

Also could pick up some apples on the way home, that in itself is almost worth it.

That will be pretty good. Make sure you see the good people at Conner Park winery. If they have the sparkling Shiraz, load up!

I know my house is on the way to Bendigo, but stop calling me apples.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:41 pm

David wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

All good, WPT. Smile

I want Bertha to give him a good pegging in the town centre.

A fitting punishment when you think about it.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:09 am

What I found odd today was the plans the bloke has for the house next door to me that he bought.

Basically it's a 3 bedroom 1950's weatherboard home. Large block. Basically same layout as mine was before I extended it, they stamp built them in the early 50's.

So he bought this joint when the old bloke next door died (I'm not allowed to tell his wife that the old boy died in the house) and I just met him this morning and had a chat about his plans.

He's planning to renovate. No surprise there, but the extent of the renovation is such that what I can't figure out is why not just pull it down and start from scratch.

It's a weatherboard house on stumps, he's going to rip off all the weatherboards, gut the joint back to a frame, and brick it as well as extending it. Being on stumps means that to brick the external walls you need to lay footings (a trench full of concrete) around the perimeter for the bricks to sit on, but you have to frig around and replace the outside stumps at the same time.

There also pulling out the windows, kitchen, bathroom, basically going back to a frame.

I don't get it. Sounds like so much extra work having to buggerise around and keep basically a frame, why not just rip it down and make what you want from scratch?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:15 pm

Friend of ours has done that, they been living there/ working on it for about 2-3 years, OMG it's a disaster area. When it's finished it will be great, but fmd they've done it tough, not me could not be stuffed. I think they actually weren't allowed to pull it down, or so etching, but there's not much of the original left, and it's a dumpy house in a dumpy street in Brooklyn!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:52 pm

No issues here with being allowed to pull it down, developers do it here all the time.

This guy obviously has some coin, I don't get why he wouldn't just build exactly what he wants rather than compromise by having to start with a shell of an old house.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:55 am

Shocking news from The Guardian today:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/08/homeopathy-is-bunk-study-says

Quote:
Homeopathy is bunk, study says

Groundbreaking stuff. I can't wait for the article next week"astrology: fact or fiction?".

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:53 am

Meanwhile, over at that paragon of sober, factual, important reporting, The Age, they are frontpaging the stunning news that people sometimes flush dead fish down the toilet! Shock! Horror! They show a picture of a Red-bellied Piranha, misidentified as a "South American Piranha", going on to describe it as "deadly" (which it isn't). Still sillier, the story isn't even from this continent, it's from the UK, presumably lifted from the Daily Mail or some other rubbish rag.

Mate, we might as well just read the Herald-Scum and be done with it.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:32 am

Honestly, The Age online has been a joke for a while now. The Guardian, thankfully, has more or less filled The Age's position from a few years ago (that is, they're a decent, reliable news source that occasionally wastes bandwidth on rubbish, but generally produces quality reading). Since The Guardian Australia kicked off, I haven't really looked back, but I do very occasionally check back on my old stomping ground to see how it's going. I always leave feeling saddened by the decline of a once-excellent news source.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:20 pm

^

I'll give the Guardian more time when they improve their AFL coverage. Until then it's News.com and the Aged for me.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:51 pm

Yeah, it's not spectacular, is it? I've actually started checking the AFL site for scores. Embarassed
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:56 pm

David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
Page 64 of 84   

Jump to: