Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What did you find odd today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 82, 83, 84  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpie Girl Leo

Daisy, my Collingwood supporting birdy....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

A mate of mine who is a calrton supporter was at the VFL game this weekend. After the game he was in the Bullants rooms & just as he turned around he caught Jake Edwards coming out of the shower.... naked.... & saw it ALL..... Shocked
Then proceeded to tell me about this..... Confused Shocked
Talk about disturbing.... and odd...

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:46 pm

So, as a player from the filth, was there irrefutable evidence he had no balls? Razz
Magpie Girl Leo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:52 pm

No, apparently he was a "man".
Although, it wouldn't surprise me if someone was telling me fibbs about the smaller details.... Wink Shocked Razz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:56 pm

hehe, nice one lol Smile
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:28 am

this next observation could fit in the 'what pisses me off' category ... when using eftpos why do many shop assistants not allow you to physically select which account you wish to pay from?

i use a debit card but they often bark out 'savings' or 'credit' to which i reply 'cheque' and they press the relevant button for me. it's as if we are incapable of pressing the account type button yet more than capable of pressing the right keys for our pin.

go figure.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:22 pm

In all fairness perhaps they're making the job easier so to speak? By making you do the least amount of work possible? I don't really mind either way.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:37 pm

^ a different perspective - actually trying provide some level of service - but their demeanour does not suggest so.
EBB 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:58 pm

..that the world hasn't collasped from all the oil and minerals being trenched from within. Does oil reproduce itself?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:00 pm

A small moth totally embedded in polyurethane floor coating. Must have got stuck while floor was wet and slowly sunk to its death. That'll teach 'em Razz
Good thing it's hidden behind a door Smile

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:25 pm

Something I've found odd lately, is how so many people in Health are extremely thin skinned. Confused Two people get their panties in a bunch and say stuff to each other, next thing both are claiming they've been bullied and intimidated. Rolling Eyes I so seriously have moments when I just want to pick them up and bang their frikken heads together.
Magpie Girl Leo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:35 pm

I bought a hoola (sp?) hoop yesterday because I hadn't had one in years. turns out I can't hoola hoop like I use to. Confused Sad
JacJacJacqui Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:39 pm
Post subject: Re: What did you find odd today?Reply with quote

frankiboy wrote:
In the tradition of "What pisses you off?" and "What made you happy today?" threads, this one's for those little occasions that may not get you punching walls or dancing with glee but leave you feeling, "hmm, how odd is that?".

Ok, I guess it'd only be natural for an oddball such as myself to get the ball rolling Smile

Last night, I found it odd to walking into a pizza restaurant named 'Cousins', was done up in the traditional Italian colors red white and green, had the obligatory Ferrari poster hanging on the wall and you know, typical pizza shop stuff, when I soon discovered that the joint was run by Indians Surprised , which, for a good little Italian boy like me, sort of took me a little aback so I ventured on with a little trepidation Smile (please don't think I'm racist, if you understood Italians and their cooking you'd know where I'm coming from) Cool . It wasn't a huge deal really, if it bothered me, I would've stepped out and gone to another place only 50 metres up the street. Just looked a little odd and was unexpected, that's all. Well, happy to report the pizzas were really nice, the service warm and friendly (not that being Indian should make any difference) and I'll be back again. Smile Gotta love Australia Very Happy... hmm.., perhaps this should've been in the "What made you happy today?" thread? Confused Embarassed

Franki, being a good Italian girl, I know exactly where you're coming from! There's a joint near where I work called Cafe Euro that only hires Asians. In the very same food court there's a kebab shop with Middle Eastern women working out the front and all Asians out the back. I mean, do you see Aussies or Euro's or anything other than Asians working in Chinese take-away stores? I never have. I personally don't really care if I sound racist. It's not right. If you are going to own a restaurant with an ethnic theme, at least hire people of that ethnicity! There's nothing worse than going to an Italian restaurant and ordering a bruschetta and it being repeated back to you incorrectly - "So you wanted a brooshetta?" - No numb nut, I said I wanted a broosketta, the H in bruschetta is silent! Don't try to make me look stupid, you're the one correcting me incorrectly!!

Pirate skulls and bones
Sticks and stones and weed and bombs
Running when we hit 'em
Lethal poison through their system
JacJacJacqui Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:43 pm

Hmm, I wonder why I've never seen a non-Asian in an Asian take-away then? Must be only a one-way law. If it's ok for them then... I reckon it's the one case where discrimination should be allowed. It's like going to a Catholic church and having the sermon read by a rabbi. It just doesn't quite make sense, what do they know about the religion? Or in this case, what do they know about the culture or language. If I owned a restaurant everyone would get an interview but really, who wants someone working for them who can't even read the menu? That'd probably be the basis of my decision, call it discrimination if you will.

Pirate skulls and bones
Sticks and stones and weed and bombs
Running when we hit 'em
Lethal poison through their system
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:53 pm
Post subject: Re: What did you find odd today?Reply with quote

JacJacJacqui wrote:
frankiboy wrote:
In the tradition of "What pisses you off?" and "What made you happy today?" threads, this one's for those little occasions that may not get you punching walls or dancing with glee but leave you feeling, "hmm, how odd is that?".

Ok, I guess it'd only be natural for an oddball such as myself to get the ball rolling Smile

Last night, I found it odd to walking into a pizza restaurant named 'Cousins', was done up in the traditional Italian colors red white and green, had the obligatory Ferrari poster hanging on the wall and you know, typical pizza shop stuff, when I soon discovered that the joint was run by Indians Surprised , which, for a good little Italian boy like me, sort of took me a little aback so I ventured on with a little trepidation Smile (please don't think I'm racist, if you understood Italians and their cooking you'd know where I'm coming from) Cool . It wasn't a huge deal really, if it bothered me, I would've stepped out and gone to another place only 50 metres up the street. Just looked a little odd and was unexpected, that's all. Well, happy to report the pizzas were really nice, the service warm and friendly (not that being Indian should make any difference) and I'll be back again. Smile Gotta love Australia Very Happy... hmm.., perhaps this should've been in the "What made you happy today?" thread? Confused Embarassed

Franki, being a good Italian girl, I know exactly where you're coming from! There's a joint near where I work called Cafe Euro that only hires Asians. In the very same food court there's a kebab shop with Middle Eastern women working out the front and all Asians out the back. I mean, do you see Aussies or Euro's or anything other than Asians working in Chinese take-away stores? I never have. I personally don't really care if I sound racist. It's not right. If you are going to own a restaurant with an ethnic theme, at least hire people of that ethnicity! There's nothing worse than going to an Italian restaurant and ordering a bruschetta and it being repeated back to you incorrectly - "So you wanted a brooshetta?" - No numb nut, I said I wanted a broosketta, the H in bruschetta is silent! Don't try to make me look stupid, you're the one correcting me incorrectly!!

if the H is silent, it would be "broo-setta", but thanks for the tip..

Damn, I had Pizza and lasagne down pat. Evil or Very Mad

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:01 pm

You don't have to be asian to be able to pronounce "number 23 "
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 82, 83, 84  Next
Page 2 of 84   

Jump to: