Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What did you find odd today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehe
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:36 am

think positive wrote:
luvdids wrote:
Flip floppers

As in, people who change their opinion to suit the consensus.
Be brave & have an opinion of your own.

I don't know, I see it differently, mind changers are brave. Someone who sticks to a belief even when shown it's wrong, not brave.

As an aside, 2 posts on mind changers being odd, both edited! Changed your mind?! Cheers!

Of course not. I'm particular with spelling & punctuation so edited to correct & to elaborate.

One thing I'm pretty sure I'll never be accused of is flip flopping.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:09 pm

You've never been persuaded by someone's arguement to change your mind?

To me life is about lessons, and learning lessons means sometimes your point of view changes.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:13 pm

Not that I can recall, however it might have happened on a small, insignificant topic maybe. Never on larger more important topics. For instance, being anti animal cruelty I would never buy a pet from a breeder, no matter what compelling reasons as to why it would be ok this time. Too many needing homes, of all sorts of breeds & ages & types.

I'm also pro euthanasia, no one could ever convince me to change my mind, no matter what reasons they come up with to push an opposite view.
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:21 pm

I'm with you on both scenarios. And I struggle to imagine why anyone wouldn't be.

I used to be very pro the death penalty. Very. But having watched a few docos over the last few years I've changed my mind on that. Never thought I would, but there you go.

#SIDEBYSIDE
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:26 pm

Very much, eh?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:34 pm

hehe.

well Beau says hi! and so does the cow you ate for dinner!

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:35 pm

I can't tell if the cow you ate for dinner.
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:54 pm

mandy wrote:
I'm with you on both scenarios. And I struggle to imagine why anyone wouldn't be.

I used to be very pro the death penalty. Very. But having watched a few docos over the last few years I've changed my mind on that. Never thought I would, but there you go.

I've never had a firm, unwavering opinion on the death penalty, can see merits for both sides of the argument.

Don't know who TP's talking to but I didn't have cow for dinner - couldn't tell you the last time I did.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:56 pm

im talking about you and the dig you just couldnt help yourself with! you breaking out the hypocrite post again?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:34 pm

If you two don't stop I'm turning this car around and driving home. Razz
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:43 pm

im not doing a damn thing except replying. i have the right to reply. the digs are obvious, i get it she despises me, has for a long time, im sure everybody gets it by now, i really dont care. but own your shit! talks about brave? then own your shit.not once, not once have i drawn first blood. ive really tried to be civil. over and over. for (mates with) sake just grow up! this is high school crap. just ignore me
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:44 pm

Mugwump wrote:
think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Lovely to read the support people are giving each other. Tough stuff stui for your son & his ex.
Lovely words TP
Parenting is damn hard work - Mrs WPT & I are about to enter our 39th year together. As Jack Benny once said: he & his wife Mary never once in their 40 years ever discussed separation or divorce. Murder yes but divorce no.

Mind you in this era of DV, that one probably doesn't go down so well as it may have.

congrats! whats planned for the 40th??

- oh and gees mate, your on a life sentence, you get way less for murder Wink

cheers!

Yeah, congrats, that's a real achievement, While I don't participate much on the personal stuff on this forum (just not my thing, sorry) I read with interest and goodwill the relationships of posters and the progress of the children referenced. Forty years in a marriage, with the obviously fine children you have mentioned in various posts, is a tribute to you both.

Belated cheers.

My older brother used to say he'd never seen Mrs WPT get angry. I replied you just don't know which buttons to press Wink

40 years is next year.

We spent the 38th in the same hotel we had our honeymoon in.
This time they had a waterbed.
My wife called it the dead sea

Wink oh the Catskills, seriouly though next year will be 40 years together Shocked

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:52 pm

luvdids wrote:
Not that I can recall, however it might have happened on a small, insignificant topic maybe. Never on larger more important topics. For instance, being anti animal cruelty I would never buy a pet from a breeder, no matter what compelling reasons as to why it would be ok this time. Too many needing homes, of all sorts of breeds & ages & types.

I'm also pro euthanasia, no one could ever convince me to change my mind, no matter what reasons they come up with to push an opposite view.

You changed your mind on steak, you used to eat it well done.

I've changed my mind on lots of things over the years. As you grow and experience things you get new info to inform opinions.

I've changed my mind on SSM, I was a No but I voted Yes.

I always hated fish but over the years I've forced myself to try things I historically didn't like to either confirm it sucks or see if my tastes has changed, now I quite like it, in moderation. I tried an oyster a few months back, even though I hate them. I still hate them

Couldn't drink red wine until 10 years ago.

I grew up with a Labor voting union loving dad, took 5 years in the workforce to realise his views were based on a mix of idealism and fantasy and we had some rip roaring discussions about it.

Some subjects on which I don't have a firm fixed opinion, I can be a flip flopper as I can have a different opinion on different situations depending on the circumstances

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:26 pm

stui magpie wrote:
luvdids wrote:

You changed your mind on steak, you used to eat it well done.

I've changed my mind on lots of things over the years. As you grow and experience things you get new info to inform opinions.

I've changed my mind on SSM, I was a No but I voted Yes.

I always hated fish but over the years I've forced myself to try things I historically didn't like to either confirm it sucks or see if my tastes has changed, now I quite like it, in moderation. I tried an oyster a few months back, even though I hate them. I still hate them

Couldn't drink red wine until 10 years ago.

I grew up with a Labor voting union loving dad, took 5 years in the workforce to realise his views were based on a mix of idealism and fantasy and we had some rip roaring discussions about it.

Some subjects on which I don't have a firm fixed opinion, I can be a flip flopper as I can have a different opinion on different situations depending on the circumstances

Tastes changing/maturing isn't really changing your mind is it?
Also following the family voting pattern isn't either, IMHO, when you were old enough/wise enough/whatever to form your own opinion you made up your own mind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
Page 76 of 84   

Jump to: