Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sandringham V Collingwood VFL

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nomad pie 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi DTM,

Just repeating comments form the Radio - see explanation below.

They noted that Wood does not seem to be putting in 100% or that his VFL form is as good as expected given his early AFL form. They felt that Brown would be dissapointed with his contibution in this match.

Chris Pendleybury, a pies VFL listed player was in everything in the third quarter. Don't know if he is related to Scott Pendlebury.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:37 pm

nomad pie wrote:
Hi DTM,

Just repeating comments form the Radio - see explanation below.

They noted that Wood does not seem to be putting in 100% or that his VFL form is as good as expected given his early AFL form. They felt that Brown would be dissapointed with his contibution in this match.

Chris Pendleybury, a pies VFL listed player was in everything in the third quarter. Don't know if he is related to Scott Pendlebury.

I don't get why Wood in not Putting 100% into this because he has a Great Opportunity with us and if he is not putting 100% it is dissapointing Crying or Very sad

Kris Pendlebury is Scott's older Brother

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:38 pm

Yeah I think Wood needs to bulk up a bit. Ditto Reid. They're pushed off the ball too easily. Dawes has further to go than some of us thought. Ditto Dyas. Obviously I'm not at the game, but at least it is safe to assume that Wellingham and Bryan did not get a start. They just have to play tomorrow.

I'm not worried by our VFL results. Look it's blooding our youngsters and the more big older bodies they come up against the better for our future.

We'll worry about chalking up another big win tomorrow! Laughing
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:21 pm

2008 VFL Seniors
Sandringham 5.2 7.5 9.11 11.13 (79)
Collingwood 2.1 4.7 5.8 6.13 (49)

GOALS:
Sandringham: Zomer 3 Liddell 2 Maric 2 Poyas Whelan Johnson Jamar
Collingwood: Iles 2 McCarthy Carmody Anthony Yaman

BEST:
Sandringham: Johnson Whelan Martin Jamar Biddlecombe Valenti
Collingwood: Iles Pendlebury Crow Stanley Carmody Anthony

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Sandringham: S. Valenti (San) for wrestling D. Nicholls (Coll) in the 1st quarter
Collingwood: D. Nicholls (Coll) for wrestling S. Valenti (San) in the 1st quarter

Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:19 pm

Dale61 wrote:
nomad pie wrote:
Yamma kicked a point for pies - not sure who it is?

Tilly Yahman?

According to Sporting Pulse, his name is Atila Yaman.

Apparently, he played the last couple of games for Sandringham reserves last year.

Hooked
MACDAICOS 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:25 pm

What excuse are we going to make for Dawes today? The weather?

Can't play.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:06 pm

Dawes did a few good things in the last quarter when he started to hold on to a few marks. You have to remember that less than 2 years ago he suffered a total knee reconstruction. It takes time to get over back your confidence.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:28 pm

MACDAICOS wrote:

Can't play.

Give the kid time. He's big and bigger kids take longer to develop. He probably won't play a senior game this year (hopefully we won't need him), but Dawes is worth persisting with for the long-term. I think one of the problems he faces at the moment is the poor delivery out of the midfield. I'd be inclined to throw him on the ball a bit and see what he's made of. Not sure whether Rowdy's up to experimenting though.

Good a man as Rowdy is, we have to find a better development coach for these boys. Sadly, we had him last year: Brad Gotch at Williamstown.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:54 pm

jack_spain wrote:
MACDAICOS wrote:

Can't play.

Give the kid time. He's big and bigger kids take longer to develop. He probably won't play a senior game this year (hopefully we won't need him), but Dawes is worth persisting with for the long-term. I think one of the problems he faces at the moment is the poor delivery out of the midfield. I'd be inclined to throw him on the ball a bit and see what he's made of. Not sure whether Rowdy's up to experimenting though.

Good a man as Rowdy is, we have to find a better development coach for these boys. Sadly, we had him last year: Brad Gotch at Williamstown.

I hope you are right about Dawes, because thus far he has not done much at all. As for Browny, I've seen him up close working with the VFL squad and reckon he's doing a great job. At the end of the day he can only work with what he's got, and too many of them are not quite good enough. Still, if he helps the development of Anthony, Barham, Dyas and a couple of others then he's done his job imho.
MACDAICOS 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:23 am

magpie greg wrote:
I dont know if he is any good, but Dawes is a HUGE disappointment so far. He hasn't shown anything to suggest he would be a good VFL player, let alone an AFL player.

He has next year to change the perception of him.

Good to see Iles getting BOG for the Pies. I am impressed by this kid's tenacity. he is a Rupert Betheras like player in that he hasn't been overly blessed with anything too much but has a huge desire to succeed.

I hope he can crack it for a game or two this year.

I've heard every excuse under the sun with Dawes this year, maybe his injury set him back but at the moment he is not up to VFL football let alone AFL football.

Throw him down back, give him a week off, give him a kick up the arse, do something for the kid he has talent no doubt but it's just not working at the moment.

* Got myself to the front of the rope today at 3/4 time, Mick was talking to the forwards Dawes stood a couple of yards away from the group, Mick clear as day turned to Dawes "Chris.....Chris.....Are you listening Chris" Mick continued to talk to the group when he left to have a word to Cam Wood Dawes dropped his head.

Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:24 am

jack_spain wrote:

Just interested, how much of our VFL side have you (and others who have a go at elements of it) seen?
MACDAICOS 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:49 am

Johnson#26 wrote:
jack_spain wrote:

Just interested, how much of our VFL side have you (and others who have a go at elements of it) seen?

Is 7 out of there 9 games a pass in your book?

Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:58 pm

I was more or less referring to the criticism of Brown and the structure/direction of the VFL side, not so much players in particular.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:08 pm

I was more or less referring to the criticism of Brown and the structure/direction of the VFL side, not so much players in particular.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:25 pm

Johnson#26 wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I would never criticise Gavin Brown as a person who has the best interests of Collingwood at heart. We all know he bleeds black and white! If the players could take a leaf out of his playing book they would be a VFL powerhouse. Rowdy has a heart as big as the MCG. I am just not sure that Browny at this stage in his coaching career is capable of doing the job that Brad Gotch did so successfully (for us) at Williamstown.

Still, I hope he and the boys (and most of them are just that, kids) all learn through the struggles this year. As I've said before, I don't mind us losing the VFL games if the boys are showing real development. It's just at the moment, that development (for Reid and Dawes especially) seems to be taking a lot longer than we expected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: