Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#24 Jamie Turner

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quinny 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

..this story is kind of similar to the buddy saga...big song and dance over f all
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:25 am

quinny wrote:
..this story is kind of similar to the buddy saga...big song and dance over f all

much ado about nothing.

favourites 2008 

The Machine

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:54 am

Sounds like to me you caught him at a bad time.

As has been said before you have no idea what is going on in his personal life. I know its not too much but you have to respect his option of not giving out his number. Just move on mate there are far too many fantastic individuals at the Collingwood FC to let Jamie damper your thoughts.

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:57 am

come on joff, off ya high horse. dan is very much in the wrong...on all counts
loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:15 am

Wow just wow.

Random stranger asked me for my number twice at my local insisting on me signing a footy and guernsey after 18 years , I'd start thinking is this guy a fair dinkum stalker?

Mate chillax get the signatures you can and be happy. I am sure most past players would happily say gday maybe even share a story or 2, but most would find it weird a bloke decked in pie gear at a club/pub is asking for their number.

Magpie_5 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:16 am

Next time have the items you want signed ready and I'm sure he would have signed them then & there. I can't believe you expected him to give you his number Laughing Laughing Laughing
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:09 pm

Heater_39 wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
To be honest, I don't chase footballers for signatures & stuff, I couldn't give a rats kohona.

However, it does pi$$ me off when I take my daughter sometimes to training (we can only go on the school holidays) & I see 40yo men (don't they have jobs to go to?) lining up for photos & signatures for their jumpers & memorabilia all to be sold on eBay I bet!

They push the kids aside, then shove textas & stuff in the players faces like idiots!

Then there are the 15-16yo giggling school girls creaming themselves over Thomas, it makes me wanna puke!

My daughter has only ever had 2 photos taken with players at training & that was with Buckley & Burns about 2 years ago. And THAT was bad enough. NEVER AGAIN!

Careful not to generalise here, my old man still gets a new jumper signed for the collection every year.

Heater, getting 1 jumper signed once a year I see no biggie, but when I used to go to training (not so much anymore) you'd see the same people week in week out getting jumpers, footballs, posters signed etc., I mean FFS how many times can one get Roccas signature?

The players who are playing (in the now) I'm assuming it's part of their duty to their fans to sign stuff etc., we (as members) pay their wages so to speak, but retired players are a different kettle of fish. If they're nice enough to sign your stuff, good for you, if not, get over it & leave them in peace.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
MACDAICOS 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:15 pm

The amount of Collingwood signed stuff on Ebay is quite disturbing Mad

http://search.ebay.com.au/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=collingwood+signed&category0=

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:34 pm

MACDAICOS wrote:

http://search.ebay.com.au/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=collingwood+signed&category0=

I wonder how many of those listed items were signed on the night of the cocktail party..!?!?

I watched 1 woman get 4 or 5 caps signed and a jumper as well....

MACDAICOS 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:12 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
MACDAICOS wrote:

I wonder how many of those listed items were signed on the night of the cocktail party..!?!?

I hear ya Burnsy.

We all don't flog our signed stuff and cherish our signed items which i'm sure Dan will once he gets all the boys to sign his 1990 ball, but you have to wonder how many of those blokes in there 40's watching our boys train and getting everything bar the kitchen sink signed have a Ebay account Mad

MACDAICOS 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:04 pm

CrazyAboutDaisy wrote:
MACDAICOS wrote:
burnsy17 wrote:
MACDAICOS wrote:

I hear ya Burnsy.

We all don't flog our signed stuff and cherish our signed items which i'm sure Dan will once he gets all the boys to sign his 1990 ball, but you have to wonder how many of those blokes in there 40's watching our boys train and getting everything bar the kitchen sink signed have a Ebay account Mad

Going to training sessions and getting various items signed by different players and then selling it on Ebay is a full time job for some of these scum bags.

Makes blokes like my Dad who once asked Bucks to sign a poster feel bad for asking when the player turns around and says "Is this going on Ebay?" just because they are middle aged and male.

It's not right is it.

* I was lucky enough to get a photo with Daics on Anzac Day, but I did ask him "Do you mind Daics?" "Not at all mate he replied" 20 minute conversation followed on all things football & Collingwood, Champion of a bloke.

Captain_MyCaptain Leo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:02 pm

Quote:
I hope this post is pointed out to Jamie Turner because Jamie has hurt a magpie brother..we're all better than that

If Dan is 'hurt' by Jamie not wanting to sign somethin then he should toughen the **** up, simple as that. Jamie doesn't owe anybody anything.
I would love to hear Jamie's version of events. Would be interesting indeed. Post away Jamie.........

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:17 pm

MACDAICOS wrote:

* I was lucky enough to get a photo with Daics on Anzac Day, but I did ask him "Do you mind Daics?" "Not at all mate he replied" 20 minute conversation followed on all things football & Collingwood, Champion of a bloke.

This is a really nice story in the midst of all this. It is a shame that some people try to manufacture a market for this stuff on EBay. I guess there wouldn't be one if suckers didn't buy the stuff. But great to hear that about Daics. Smile
Magpie_Dan Taurus

The KING And I

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:23 pm

From getting all these replies and I did expect alot like I have got, I have read all of them very closely and taken all opinions into consideration. I am not here to argue with anyone by any means but here are a few things I want to clear up!

- I dont get stuff signed for profit.
- When I get my suff signed, if the players have enough time and there are not many other fans waiting, ill ask them to make it out to me or whoever I am getting the item signed for.
- I AM NOT AN EFFIN STALKER AND I DIDNT ASK JAMIE FOR HES NUMBER OUT OF THE BLUE! HE OFFERED ME A BUSINESS CARD (Which would have a number of some sort on it) THE LAST TIME, NOTICED HE HAD NONE AND THEN HES MRS SAID ADD US ON FACEBOOK! FFS!!!!
- Last but not least. I HAVE NOT AND EVER WILL SELL ANY OF MY COLLINGWOOD STUFF. Everything that I have will go between my brothers, sisters and any children I might ever have.

If Jamie didnt want to sign anything of mine he or hes Mrs should never have said anything about giving me business cards, or bullshit Facebook accounts. They are the ones who mentioned that they would give me their business number or add me back to Facebook.

To everyone who has called me a stalker or had a go at me for asking Jamie for hes number or hes Facebook account, go back and read the first post and you will see THAT JAMIE AND HES WIFE OFFERED THEM TO ME!!! As Mandy said "PLAY THE BALL NOT THE MAN"!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:35 pm

Magpie_Dan wrote:
From getting all these replies and I did expect alot like I have got, I have read all of them very closely and taken all opinions into consideration. I am not here to argue with anyone by any means but here are a few things I want to clear up!

- I dont get stuff signed for profit.
- When I get my suff signed, if the players have enough time and there are not many other fans waiting, ill ask them to make it out to me or whoever I am getting the item signed for.
- I AM NOT AN EFFIN STALKER AND I DIDNT ASK JAMIE FOR HES NUMBER OUT OF THE BLUE! HE OFFERED ME A BUSINESS CARD (Which would have a number of some sort on it) THE LAST TIME, NOTICED HE HAD NONE AND THEN HES MRS SAID ADD US ON FACEBOOK! FFS!!!!
- Last but not least. I HAVE NOT AND EVER WILL SELL ANY OF MY COLLINGWOOD STUFF. Everything that I have will go between my brothers, sisters and any children I might ever have.

If Jamie didnt want to sign anything of mine he or hes Mrs should never have said anything about giving me business cards, or bullshit Facebook accounts. They are the ones who mentioned that they would give me their business number or add me back to Facebook.

To everyone who has called me a stalker or had a go at me for asking Jamie for hes number or hes Facebook account, go back and read the first post and you will see THAT JAMIE AND HES WIFE OFFERED THEM TO ME!!! As Mandy said "PLAY THE BALL NOT THE MAN"!

Dan, though we do not know each other,I am sure you are a decent person, and I recognise your passion for our club through your regular contributions on Nicks. FWIW, my main issue is that this whole event should have remained a personal matter between you and Jamie Turner. Maybe he was rude, maybe he considered you an unwarranted pest, maybe a whole lot of things. The point is it was something which occurred between the two of you and should have remained as such. Sometimes you've just got to cop things on the chin and move on.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10   

Jump to: