Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The AFL's Robin Hood Plan (aka Robin Collingwood Plan)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 10:39 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

what a load of crap, a while back no one wanted ANZAC day, now all of a sudden everyone else is in the shits cos they dont have it, collingwood and essendon made it good cos they are the 2 most important teams, so too farkin bad for u crap teams.

this is conspire against the top 4. first of all they start giving handouts to brissy and sydney. NOW they think up this, they have got to be joking, why is it our fault that stkilda, roos etc have MARKETING problems. f**k them, if they dont have any money then too bad piss off and die. i would be a shame to see more melbourne teams go but if they want a slice of the PIE of the PIES then they can go.

im sick and tired of hearing these poor clubs whinge about how they have no money, no supporters etc. north is a lost case, even if they do have success they get no members, theyre dying and thats that.

bloody hell this has got my back up. how dare the afl think they can take our clubs hard earned money to give to the snivelling homeless north melbourne, they might use it to construct a FENCE around arden st.

anyway thats my opinion.

NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 11:30 am

Were not a bloody charity!

Draw your own bloody crowds you scabs!

KILL FOR COLLINGWOOD
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 5:30 pm

CQ.... my sentiments exactly.... They just luv to bag us at the first opportunity... and then when they need money we're supposed to forget and just hand it over??
They can well and trully get stuffed!!

Why cant they come up with ideas to replenish their coffers....
They were all asked about the ANZAC blockbuster and all refused... But now that its working they want it... Well suffer!!

BE LOUD...BE PROUD
(September.... we WILL be there)
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 7:20 am

yes i reckon, i thought this game was a COMPETITION, therefore we are COMPETING against one another, what are we supposed to do?

say this is a scenario. north cant survive next year, we pay for them to stay on, they beat us in the grand final. is this not our flag? after all we would be part owners of them if we're paying for them.

its ridiculous that the afl thinks they can do whatever they like without consulting US, the paying members!!

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 7:25 am

OK we are all talking about amalgamation 2003 & onward.
Besides the BIG 4 teams of PIES,Bombers,Port Bris & Port who appear to be financial and able to 'stand alone' (AN NRL SAYING)
who would be the best ones to get together AND be successful.
Input and ideas would create more discussion.
I dont care what the AFL thinks....they are just money hungry and not prepared to assist ANY ONE

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
clokeforever34 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 7:45 am

its great to c that everyone wants a bit of collingwood!

GO THE PIES!!!!!

ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 12:25 pm

Peter, last I heard Briso was up to their eyeballs in debt... around a million if I recall correctly. If someone has more up to date figures or I have made a mistake I will gladly stand corrected but I am pretty sure I nearly fell over when I heard that it was Briso that is heaps in debt and that is after a GF win! Should this be so Imagine what would happen if they weren't having any success onfield!

Go Pies! You are doing us Proud.

Carol

May the Wings of the Magpie touch every corner of the Nation!
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 12:34 pm

brissy are in deep shit financially ck but its not unusual for a premiership side to wait a year or two before the financial benefits of the achievement appear. they should be right by next year.
as for peter's question - the saints, dogs, swans, cats and roos are all struggling. dockers not far behind. if there was going to be a merge(and i'd think most clubs would prefer relocating before merging), it would make sense(to me at least) for the roos and saints to merge(and probably also move to canberra).

@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 12:54 pm

Its so unfair.

i mean, i know it says that cwood have defended the rite to keep the $$$ for the blockbuster games, but WE MAKE ALL GAMES BLOCKBUSTER GAMES!! i mean we're the team that brings in all the crowds!!
AFL teams LUV playing @ home, against us bcoz who get the most money due to the minumum of 30,000-40,000 crowds? AHEM.. WE DO!

i mean i feel sorry for teams that are finding it hard to rack up the money but like, we found our ways to get money so they should too..

CARN US SUPPORTERS! lol WE r the big crowds
Luv da 1 da only da @sh Licuria

RODE + #45 4 EVA!
#21 4 EVA GO BRENT!
always legends,will stay legends
wait for tuckey and nicki stone
to kick our butts:
COLL VS WEST COAST/COLL VS HAWTHORN
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 8:33 am

Lets see what happens for 2003 and beyond.....maybe there are alot of clubs 'busted' but only on paper,and yep it normally takes 12 months to break even.
What with most teams looking at raising the ceiling limit next year ,dropping the preseason and expanding the season by an extra 2 games........anything is liable to occur

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 2:04 pm

There's an easy answer for Collingwood - sell "blockbuster memberships", where you get entry into the five or six "blockbuster games" that we play. They are ticketed anyway, so you have to buy a ticket in advance, so if we provide the tickets in form or limited membership, we get teh cash, cause I imagine the AFL could not take money from collingwood members who enter the ground, only gate tickets from non members.

We have a good relationship with Essendon, (ANZAC day and later round split money) we could even sell them in conjunction, so you get both home / away games. I reckon you would get non-Collingwood supporters buying them as well, so they are garunteed a seat at the good games. I'm an AFL mamber and I had to "book" my seat, which is just an excuse for ticketmaster to make money from me, and all the games I'm going to with my dad coast around 120 bucks, when we get suposedly "free" entry. I doubt a "blockbuster" membership would be much more!!

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: