Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Leave It For The Coach

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 4:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha onya joel, i think u might have gotten a tad wrecked there assassin.

anyway to get back to the topic i disagree that every player to put on black and white is a star (see jason wild and brad smith) and not all of them bleed black and white (see mal michael) these days its money over loyalty. but maybe they will take sucess over money now that we actually look like we might be going places, unlike the mid 90's.

Murray 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 2:55 am

Yep every player that pulls on a Collingwood jumper is automatically a super star. Remember those super stars of the recent past like Wes Fellows, Stephen Paterson, Mark Orchard, Aaron James, and I could list a heap more. Funny thing though, we only have 4 players on our list from the 1997 squad. Why do you think we got rid of all those champions of the past. Beats me, or maybe it was because we were at the bottom of the ladder. Reading some of the comments on this subject would suggest we should just shut up when we are on the bottom and support our superstars, hey remember Jason Wilde, what an out an out champion he was. Yep, just sit back and shut up.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 4:21 am

Hang on there Asassin,

You are individualising a general comment. We finished last for a reason, because the team we had at the time contained alot of players that weren't up to standard. You named those players, yet can you name all the players that no longer play for Collingwood or any other club?

JDF
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 4:46 am

I was going to say the same thing Asassin but I enjoy a good old stoush.

I know I'm being a smartass, but (one last point) I will give you an example, if you are a company director, or even an accountant, or an economist does it always mean you are right and do the right things? Does it always mean you go about things the right way?

Well no, I wouldn't think so...a FACT exemplified by the HIH collapse, then shortly after that, the One.Tel collapse.

Should company directors not be held accountable by the public, or their shareholders for their actions?

This is the same for footballers, they aren't always going to do the right thing. With that said, the team is doing just fine at the moment. Well done Pies!!

However, I know we both can't agree so this is where I stop.

JDF

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 06 June 2002).]
Murray 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 4:49 am

What a boring site this would be if all we were allowed to do was to say what great players Collingwood has (even if we knew it was not true). We could take that philosophy to everything we do. And we could all look the same and speak the same and think the same. Yeh, great idea.
I will never say someone is great if I don't believe that they are, that is why I am able to think. Hey here is another one of those champions that wore black and white. Mathew Francis - remember him, god he was good, and what about that super star Luke Godden. But the best ever has to be Brad Smith.

GeorgeQ 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 6:34 am

I think that it is human nature to be critical when under pressure. When we are losing we supporters are worried, concerned, and frustrated. Different people will respond in different ways; blame the umpire, coach, any player who is being beaten and not contributing. My brother bites his nails and mumbles, I try to pump up blokes with positive comments, my daughter plans moves to get us back into the game. Others loudly criticise players, and while I do not agree it is their right and privilege to do so. Allow people to be themselves, even if they are in your opinion out of order. Personally I find Collingwood supporters who cause fights and crowd trouble much more obnoxious than someone paying out a player.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 12:03 pm

I just reckon blokes should be sacked at the end of the year and not during the season. Sure blokes NEED to be sacked, every year there are cuts, but during the season there are always more games where these blokes can turn things around and even, shock, cause us to win a close game or two. Sure you need to note WHO is performing badly - generally these people end up in the magoos anyway. But bagging the sh@t out of our players doesnt actually GAIN us much does it? If anything it can reduce our playing list of fit players (by adding guys who mentally are shot).

Hard at it. The Collingwood way.
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 6:06 am

I'm the type of Collingwood fan that tips us week in, week out. I am always convinced we have a chance of winning. Regardless of what anyone else thinks. Sometimes I have more believe in the players than they have in themselves (and in the case of the dim, dark years, more than they probably deserved).

Lets face it, I am a Collingwood barracker who sees the world through black and white tinted glasses. I cheered for Paterson, Wild, and all the other names that continually get mentioned as duds, just like I cheer for the guys on our list now.

If anyone is bagging a Collingwood player around me, regardless of whether he is from the opposition or from our club, I start cheering louder for that player.

Note : I have to admit that I bagged Presti a fair bit, in his first full time year at full back. As I have said since then, I hope his family did not sit in the lower deck of the Ponsford, and hear me.

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
tessa 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 3:21 pm

OK my turn l don`t see all our players as others do our "superstars" l wonder about at times BUT l am collingwood though and though,that allows me to be criticle of "my" team.l see the side as a complete side at the moment not great but a good ordinary side,we will get better.This week l beleive Melb are in for a hiding for no other reason than it feels like its time for Collingwood to show what we can do.

Tessa (pmm)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: