Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Leave It For The Coach

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lisey_JarrodMolloyrox 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 12:34 pm
Post subject: Leave It For The CoachReply with quote

Hey! I am here to explain what i think. I cannot believe some people (if this is you i am sorry) that can bag players in collingwood even though they are collingwood suppporters.

I was talking to a guy names Chris on MSN who posts to Hotrod's and he said that he hates it too! Just because a player may have a bad game or maybe a bad month, season whatever does not mean you can say terrible things about him! Every player is a part of Collingwood and bleeds black and white. They must be bloody good otherwise Collingwood wouldn't of drafted them!

It is up to the coach to say things to them not you guys to judge and bag your players! It is your team! You support it! You watch it or listen to it every week! So how can u go around saying harsh things about your players! The people that play for you! The people that play to win! The people that love their team and us as much as we love them!

So just lay off the poor team and bag other teams as Collingwood is your team and the players in it try as hard and as much as they can to win and most of the time they have been successful, this year!

Does anybody agree with me?

Sorry i just had to prove a point as i am sick of it! They get enough crap from other teams. Why would they want their own supporters blowing them off?

Love always, Alyssa xoxo
*~LiSeY~*
*~Molloy is my baby and nobody else's! lol~*

[This message has been edited by Lisey_JarrodMolloyrox (edited 04 June 2002).]

Magpies_rule19 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 12:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Lisey!!!!!!!!!!
i 100% agree with you!!

Go Pies!!!!!

Brown26 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:23 pm

Most people here know I'm of the same belife Lisey, but I don't agree with you when you say that all collingwood players are champions.

Some are, some will be, but some are just performing a role. That's important, but doens't automatically give them stardom status. It think it's counter productive to bag a player like some people do on here, but that's my opinion. I gave up trying to convince others of it ages ago!!

But to say evey collingwood player is automatically a great player is a bit much. also, they may not always play their best, and tehy know it. It's no good molly coddling them, you have to be honest. Just not abusive.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:37 pm

Well said Lisey m8!
If You are judged worthy by Collingwood to pull on the Black and White jumper its good enough for me.
if you wanna bag players, bag the filth thats what they are there for!

CAAARRRNNNN! THA MAGPIES!!!!!!!

Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 6:17 pm

I was going to post a similar post to this but you beat me too it.

I dont know if its actually getting worse or if i'm just becoming more sensitive to it, but it seems everyweek, no matter where u sit at the game, there is always at least 1 "Collingwood Supporter" somewhere around that continues to constantly belittle or abuse their own players. Often it starts before the match has even began.

Sure some players may not be to your liking, but is it necessary to continually hurl abuse at someone who's not even gonna hear you anyway. It seems a very week and lame thing to do. They seem to get off on bagging certain players but in my eyes and i'm sure the vast majority of other supporters it makes them look very sad and pathetic indeed.

Just this week a person near-by whinged and carried on for the whole game abusing a number of players including Fraser, Betheras, Tarrant, Molloy, Johnson and Licuria. They werent just single references to these players either... it seemed that whenever one of them went near the ball before they'd even touched it the abuse began. I honestly dont know how he can proudly say he barracks for us when he carried on and acted like that, especially in front of opposition supporters... it makes him look foolish and creates a bad image for the club.

I know people have the right to say what they want in a so called "freedom of speech" world, but really. I just hope the last 5 or so games have been the exception rather than the rule, and that there arent really as many supporters like that.

iluvLONIE 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 6:34 am

Yes I agree with ya totally Lisey. We are COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTERS and we should support all the players 100%. No one can play perfectly every week and we should ALL respect the fact that the players are only human to.

ohh the Ryan Lonie ohh the Ryan Lonie ohh the Ryan Lonie and thats what its all about

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 9:39 am

Constructive crticism is warranted, negative unprovoked comments are not.

People must be accountable sometimes. Bad players can be disguised by a good team, however with that said, people should not just bag them, but voice their opinion over loss of form and the like.

IMO there is nothing wrong with coming into a forum like this and offering an opinion that is warranted. However, if an opinion is out of line, everybody else will come out in defence of a player and criticise the poster for unwarranted comments.

JDF
clokeforever34 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 12:51 pm

never bag anyone who wears the black and white jumper!!!!!!!!!

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 1:56 pm

Can I just add another point. There is a difference between 'bagging' a player and giving constructive criticism. While I never bag a player at a game, players sometimes do have faults and should be accountable.

That said, I do not agree with people bagging players for no reason or with people continually having goes at a player for an insignificant act. If people were never held accountable we would still have a team full of hacks.

JDF
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 2:15 pm

settle assasin.

joel's made a point that's all. no need to jump down his throat.

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 2:27 pm

Asassin,

Now you listen to me.

I NEVER BAG PLAYERS, NEVER HAVE, NEVER WILL.

It's the type of attitide that you have that let Collingwood slip in the Mid to late 90s. People like you said, 'these players won us a GF in 1990, why would we have to replace them?'. That kind of attitude let players who were biding there time continue playing for Collingwood, and we started to recruit badly. When did we have a 'hack' team. Well for starters when we finished last only a couple of years ago. My god you must have a short memory.

Constructive criticism leads to people knowing there faults, being able to evaluate the faults and then being able to build on the faults to fix them.

Don't come on here and start having a go at me. If you had been around here for more than a week you would realise that I'm a proud passionate Collingwood supporter. This FACT can be backed up by the many regulars of this board.

Now SHUT UP, read the post with an open mind and stop being personal.

JDF
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 2:36 pm

c'mon guys, let's all calm down.

I think both sides' arguments have merit. I too dislike c'wood fans who constantly bag players for no reason, however when a player is playing badly, people also have the right to comment on that, as long as it's constructive.

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 2:56 pm

Thankyou Junkboy,

You can always rely on regulars to post decent posts. Asassin, get a life! Go have another billy!

JDF
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 3:06 pm

joel, assasin has said sorry, so let's leave it at that.
he has as much right to voice his opinion as anybody.

the pies are flying high....no need for bickering

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 3:25 pm

I'm sorry Asassin I didn't mean to get personal.

However,
Quote:
Mate you need to get out of Uni and into the real world.

What has that got to do with the price of fish? What has me going to Uni got to do with anything? Got something against me because I goto Uni?

Quote:
ME get a life , hows school "man of the world "

Oh sorry 'man of the world', your age must mean you have wisdom to match.

Quote:
I have SUPPORTED the PIES for longer than you have graced this planet with your pesence .

And this automatically makes you point more valid than everyone else's. Sorry once again.

Quote:
So big deal you're a regular what does that prove ?

It proves I'm not a fairweather supporter, particularly a fairweather supporter that bags players for no reason.

Quote:
And your constructive critisism , what, do you report directly to the match commitee ?

Thankyou for your sarcasm, it is appreciated. No I do not 'report directly to the match committee', but does that make my point any less warranted.

If you had gone ahead and read my first post you would have realised that I don't bag players and dislike people I do.

Once again I'm sorry Mr Asassin, man of Wisdom.

P.S. I did not see your original apology. I am sorry for my comments in my previous post. However, I felt the need to reply when you decided that you being older meant you automatically know everything.

JDF
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: