Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Two forced changes for Pies

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
I@n S 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 8:08 pm
Post subject: Two forced changes for PiesReply with quote

I Don't like the look of this because if it ant broke don't fix it, but we have no choice. Do we have enough depth?

Two forced changes for Pies
Kevin Diggerson
collingwoodfc.com.au
6:28:24 PM Thu 6 June, 2002

Collingwood has lost Nick Davis (ankle) and Jarrod Molloy (foot) for their clash with Melbourne on Monday. The pair are not 100% and the Magpies have taken no chances as they look to move into sole possession of top position on the AFL ladder.

The Pies have called five players into their squad, with Richard Cole, Scott Cummings, Mark Richardson, Heath Scotland and Carl Steinfort named on a seven man interchange bench that will be trimmed prior to the contest.

Molloy had hoped to play through the pain of a broken toe, but he will now recuperate on the sidelines. He has been receiving pain killing injections but he struggled in the second half of last week’s win over Sydney when the injection did not work.

Shane O’Bree has been named on the ball in what will be his 50th game with the Magpies.

Collingwood and Melbourne traditionally meet on the Queen’s Birthday Monday. In last season’s clash the Magpies crushed Melbourne by 77 points.

GO MIGHTY MAGPIES. COMMON ENGLAND WE CAN WIN WC 2002! R.I.P GEORGE HARRISON and JOHN LENNON
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 9:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

both molloy and nicky d will probly miss the freo match as well. not good. the loss of two forwards means scotty will definately get a game. reckon steinfort might be the other given a game. surprised adkins didnt get named in the 25 or was he injured last week?

Pants 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 2:50 am

Good chance to rest those boys, with the bye after the Freo match it will be a good long break and they'll be red hot for the 2nd half of the season. And anyway, who does Molloy think he is, Darren Millane or something?!! (just kidding, the blokes well tough as far as I'm concerned.)

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 6:56 am

I'm glad sanity has prevailed in the case of Molloy. It's much more important to have him there at the business end of proceedings.

The loss of Nick Davis is a major blow, but it just gives someone else a chance to stand up. I'd love to see Mr.Cummings make a triumphant return. A lazy half-dozen would put us well on the way to victory.

Cummings for Davis.
Probably Steinfort for Molloy.

Yeah ... I reckon we've got depth.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 8:14 am

i'm tipping cummings to have a big one this week. melbourne have no decent tall defenders, and by the time they've tried to cover tarrant, rocca, and fraser, who the hell are they gonna put on cummings? troy broadbridge? hahahhahaha!!

last year, remember, we completely slaughtered them purely because of the dominance of our tall forwards.

if we win in the midfield we'll slaughter them once again.

i really wanna see richie cole get a game this week. good time to bring in a rookie - while the team's got that winning feeling.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 8:59 am

We have plenty of depth on the bench, and we still have players like Adkins playing for Williamstown.

Another thing, people keep highlighting the fact that Melbourne has been Win-Loss-Win-Loss all season but have forgotten to take into account the fact that we are 7-3 and have won 6 out of our last 7!! Melbourne are rabble, we will destroy them. Keep on eye on Neitz and I think we will be fine.

JDF
Bones 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 11:03 am

White's leap could be a problem...McKee or Fraser or Rocca?

A broken toe can take 3 months to come good. Molloy should have 3 weeks off now and be ready for the big kill later on.

[This message has been edited by Bones (edited 07 June 2002).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: