Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 14 1972 Collingwood v St. Kilda - The Coward's Act

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't at the saints game, only missed 2 that year, but was at the Geelong game.

Don't know what I would have done if I had of been at Moorrabin, I can remember watching it on tv, and waiting for news on John Greening's health.

Probably cost us the Premiership too, John was such a champion.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:04 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
We'll never forget!

Joffa, right on mate. I have never, ever gotten over that awful and shocking attack on our great champion, and it was one of the blackest days in footy history. I was at that game, a teenager, and i was up for anything, one wrong word -from any Sucksaint supporter-and i would have been into em.For gods sake,he got BRAIN damage,and he still suffers from it,it ruined his life, more or less.
I am not a hateful person,and i dont hold grudges,but that act of bastardry was an all time low,low act, a vile and premediated vicious assault on a pure brilliant ball player.
And no f-ing way will i ever forget either, i still despise the Aints, and i even think of JG whenever i see that putrid saint jumper. I will never forget, and no loyal Magpie should either. Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:09 pm

Mate, I would rather see bloody Carlton win a flag than St Thuggery. I'd rather see bloody Brisbane get another 30% salary cap lift. Those low-life St Kilda scumbags don't deserve to be in the same competiton as the other clubs. Throw the scum out and give their spot in te comp to a team from Tassie.
Buttsy-Bells 

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:33 pm

I wasn't at the game but a couple of years later I was in the St. Kilda members with some friends, dedicated Saints. When the Saints ran onto the ground I couldn't help myself, yelling out "YOU MONGREL O'DEA" Jesus, I nearly copped a couple karate chops myself - being abused from all angles, however my friends rallied and looked after me. They still remind me of it today.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:51 pm

Yet again, this tragic story is firing me up so much it makes ME want to play this week and give the Saints their comeuppance. At the contest and on the scoreboard, of course. This story must be posted to teach our boys that the Saints are to be HATED.
panga Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:02 am

Great article, wish I hadn't have read it on a Monday night though. I'm pumped now and the game is 6 days away.
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:55 am

An article from 1972 just after the incident...

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:27 am

I'm getting too upset all over again. I was there as a young kid and the shocking memories are all flooding back. An absolute fuc#%ng tragedy, from a scum team, led and delivered by a dirty rotten copper bastard. Sorry...but it still hurts.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:57 am

One flag by a fluke point in around 112 years. 28 wooden spoons,and the never to be forgotten infamous Jim Odea. A club of abject failure,and they will fail again this week. Do it for Johnny Pies.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:28 pm

I just got off that dreadful saintsational.com site,and the jerks on there actually have the gall to run a thread on our John Greening. ! Whilst i concede a couple of them at least have the decency to denounce the disgusting incident,by and large,we are condemned for bringing it up-they have been monitoring us-we are told we are living in the past,that all teams have had snipers and hitmen,that we over react etc etc,and on it goes. They even have the gall to rope dane swan in on it, re that incident in Fed square,and to somehow try to bring Dids into being partially responsible for the death of that guy shot in the city by that bikie.
It is a truly disgusting thread,and shows just what these feral relatives of Molly are made of. Dont these cretins realise that Greening suffered brain damage,was in a coma,and nearly died ?????????????
It ruined his life basically,and they have the audacity to say dont judge Odea on just one game,and that he was a great servant to their shitty club. Thankgod some guy on there named Johnny Utah is telling these morons some home truths, against great odds. God, I hope we smash these bastards this sunday, I am starting to now loathe them more than Carlton,after reading that vile drivel. I hope we bury them by a landslide,smash these cocky pricks into oblivion.

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:37 pm

magpie greg wrote:
I read some of the morons on Saintsational.

Now they are making things up.

He hit his head on the concrete like pitch! He wasn't on the pitch area.

He had a go at O'Dea about his wife. Pretty hard to do when you have your back to O'Dea the hero. Even if he did say something, that just makes O'Dea's act even more pathetic.

There have been other king hits. No there haven't been 100 metres behind the play from behind.

Greening sued the scum plus Jeans plus O'Dea and the match committee accusing them of collusion and premeditation. It was only withdrawn when the clubs got together and agreed to a joint fundraiser.

But those people who post on Saintsational (apart from those who admit it was a dog act) are morons who cant see the forest for the 28 wooden spoons.

What a joy to follow that sleazebag club NOT.

As to the dick who said I would be crying in my beer Sunday night, firstly I dont drink and secondly, I will be celebrating a 12 day break until our next game.

St. Kilda = scum of the earth. Pure and Simple.

My final point. Duncan Wright who felled Somerville never played again.

Leigh Matthews apologised for what he did to Bruns.

The Dog O'Dea has never apologised and has been too big a coward to even speak about it. No surprise. He has St. Kilda blood flowing through his veins.

Stick that up your Saintsational kybers.

This is why I read and reread ALL your posts Greg.

If there was a forum E W Copeland Trophy, surely you are our Dane Swan.

fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:41 am

It was a dark day. It's still upsetting to think about it.
John Greening struck down sniper-style by a coward.
John Greening who always played the ball.
John Greening carried-off on a stretcher hanging on to his life by a thread.
John Greening who would've won the Brownlow that year.
John Greening whose life was never the same again.
John Greening Respect.
J O'D & StK None.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:52 pm

Some years ago, I read an article on Johnny,whereby he said that Odea has never contacted him,never tried to apologize,never said sorry,nothing. Johnny said,and fair enough,"There is nothing he could say to me now,its too late,I have no interest or desire to ever meet him at all." Now, like others on here,I would only move on if Odea had been man enough to say how sincerely sorry he was,to Johns face,and if they shook hands,and John was prepared to forgive and move on. It is entirely up to him,as the victim of this awful assault.
But, Odea is a coward,a snivelling little hitman,who does not have one qtr the courage of Greening,and as he has never tried to redeem himself,we are unable to move on,or forget or forgive.
And that,you spying saints barrackers,is the bottom line. Period.

fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:26 pm

Praps O'D did try and redeem himself ..... but only within his own Club.

After finishing his footy 'career', didn't he serve on his Club's Committee, then was awarded Life Membership?

Good effort.

But for me it speaks volumes about character ~ his own weak one.

A truly strong person would've made every effort also to redeem himself in the eyes of his primary victim ~ John Greening.

And by doing so, would've gone a long ways to redeem himself in the eyes of his secondary victims ~ us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: