Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 14 1972 Collingwood v St. Kilda - The Coward's Act

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Proud Pies wrote:
i sent MG's post to a st kilda member at work.

he asked who Jim O'dea was.

Figures. A club with no cultural memory. That's what we have over the other clubs in spades. Laughing
fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:57 pm

And StKs history is full of skamans colourful picture
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 1:41 am

magpie greg wrote:
Here is a Grant Thomas article where he reveals king hitting people wasa O'Dea's forte (go to page 2) Boo is O'Dea's nickname.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/in-fear-of-showers-in-awe-of-heroes/2007/06/23/1182019432088.html

Quote:
The scariest experience I had on a football field was when we played Essendon reserves at Moorabbin. I was full-back and Boo was centre half-back. His opponent stupidly chided him, which tested Jimmy's patience and was duly dealt with. I looked at my opponent and thought all hell was going to break loose. Jim had knocked his opponent clean out. There was a ring of about 15 Essendon players surrounding him, but not one took a step forward. They were smart.

O'Dea was just a Prick of a Player. Complete Dickhead

vlad 

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:48 pm

Exactly the criteria for making hero status at St Kilda. Cretons creeps criminals.
optimax 

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:23 pm

vlad wrote:
Exactly the criteria for making hero status at St Kilda. Cretons creeps criminals.

stephen milne and leigh montagna come to mind

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:56 pm

More info on the Thug from St Kilda. I guarantee he won't show his face to many Collingwood supporters tomorrow night. Did you know there is a listing on him online:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_O%27Dea

O'Dea is currently 59 years old and a hero to St Kilda. Here is a link to a Saints forum and you can read for yourself what they think of anyone who questions this pathetic lowlife act (Jeez they are a bunch of wankers those Sainters). http://www.saintsational.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39422&highlight=&sid=5cdced95c3a85e8cc2a7134f2b963dfd

That's why we have to heap coals of fire on those Saints supporters tomorrow night. Give the bastards nothing!

Here's an eyewitness account from a Melbourne support on the Demonland forum: "Nobody wore a Demon jumper to school in the 70's it was all Richmond & Collingwood. My Dad was a crazy St.Kilda supporter & I saw a heap of them as a kid also. Remember going to Moorabbin the day John Greening was cleaned up by Jim O'Dea. Still ranks as one of the most violent things I have seen on a footy field."

Here's how that thug looked in 1976!

O'Dea.jpg

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:42 pm

jack_spain wrote:
More info on the Thug from St Kilda. I guarantee he won't show his face to many Collingwood supporters tomorrow night. Did you know there is a listing on him online:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_O%27Dea

O'Dea is currently 59 years old and a hero to St Kilda. Here is a link to a Saints forum and you can read for yourself what they think of anyone who questions this pathetic lowlife act (Jeez they are a bunch of wankers those Sainters). http://www.saintsational.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39422&highlight=&sid=5cdced95c3a85e8cc2a7134f2b963dfd

That's why we have to heap coals of fire on those Saints supporters tomorrow night. Give the bastards nothing!

Here's an eyewitness account from a Melbourne support on the Demonland forum: "Nobody wore a Demon jumper to school in the 70's it was all Richmond & Collingwood. My Dad was a crazy St.Kilda supporter & I saw a heap of them as a kid also. Remember going to Moorabbin the day John Greening was cleaned up by Jim O'Dea. Still ranks as one of the most violent things I have seen on a footy field."

Here's how that thug looked in 1976!

Showing what Idiots Barrack for the Aints

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:43 pm

How about this Reply from a Pimp from St Kilda

Quote:
Rumour had it O'Dea and Greening had a run-in in the carpark before the game.
Jimmy obviously hit him, but O'Dea never had a reputation as a real dirty player before or after the incident. Like Guy McKenna I suspect most of the damage was done as he hit the ground awkwardly rather than the initial blow.

I feel sorry for both of them.
Greening because he was a champion in the making, well actually he was already a champion, but had his best ahead of him. And he never lived up to his potential.

But in turn O'Dea was a victim. He was stigmatised for the rest of his career and remains so for an incident where the ramifications far exceeded his culpability.

All in all it was a sad day for football.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:45 pm

Another Response:

Quote:
My understanding of the events that took place is as follows:-

Greening had just kicked the ball from a mark/free kick and O'Dea was on the mark.

As he ran past O'Dea, following the kick upfield, Greening made an uncomplimentary remark about O'Dea's wife, along the lines of "I f....d your wife last night"
O'Dea threw a punch which connected too well and Greening hit the ground unconscious.

There was no premeditated 'king hit'. It was a spur of the moment lashing out by O'Dea.

I was there that day, sitting in the stand above the 'animal enclosure, and like everyone else saw nothing of the incident. My version of this incident was told to me a few days after the event by someone who was a friend of O'Dea.

As far as I'm aware no credible witness has ever come forward with a first hand account of the incident. I discount totally those Collingwood fans who publicly purported to have seen the incident and who later were found to have been 'mistaken'.

Incidentally, whilst Collingwood people continue to demonise O'Dea and the incident none of them ever mention their own player Duncan Wright who happened to be standing next to Essendon's Peter Sommerville at the MCG one day, and didn't see him 'feint' some 80 metres off the ball.

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:35 pm

[quote="Dave The Man"]Another Response:

Quote:
My understanding of the events that took place is as follows:-

Greening had just kicked the ball from a mark/free kick and O'Dea was on the mark.

As he ran past O'Dea, following the kick upfield, Greening made an uncomplimentary remark about O'Dea's wife, along the lines of "I f....d your wife last night"

To quote Bobby Davis, "Fair dinkum unbelievable." Given that most Saints players spent their R & R in Fitzroy Street St Kilda with $2 pros, I'd hardly think this sort of statement would provoke O'Dea. Of course I don't believe John Greening said it. They are just hopeless fans looking for excuses.
Cannibal 

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:50 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Another Response:
Quote:
Incidentally, whilst Collingwood people continue to demonise O'Dea and the incident none of them ever mention their own player Duncan Wright who happened to be standing next to Essendon's Peter Sommerville at the MCG one day, and didn't see him 'feint' some 80 metres off the ball.

Revealing their total ignorance whilst trying to excuse the inexcuseable. Duncan Wright was promptly sacked by Collingwood for hitting Somerville and never played for the club again.

kickit2me Taurus

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:07 am

Quote:
"Yeah, I've moved on; I've got to move on. Geez, I'm bloody 56, and I was 21 when it happened."

As tragic as the incident was, maybe it is time for us to move on as well.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:20 am

kickit2me wrote:
Quote:
"Yeah, I've moved on; I've got to move on. Geez, I'm bloody 56, and I was 21 when it happened."

As tragic as the incident was, maybe it is time for us to move on as well.

Well i aint movin on, Sorry but one of our most gifted Magpies was nearly killed on the football field and bugger all justice was dished out..infact St Kilda has somewhat made a hero out of the thug bastard who butchered him..they can all well and truly get stuffed forever and that's putting it mildly!

kickit2me Taurus

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:13 am

Luckily for me I can see the error of someones way, a rash stupid cowardly act though it might be, and get on with my life.

Sadly for many others, they hang onto grief, hatred and despair for far too long.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:14 am

kickit2me wrote:
Luckily for me I can see the error of someones way, a rash stupid cowardly act though it might be, and get on with my life.

Sadly for many others, they hang onto grief, hatred and despair for far too long.

It's a pity the perpetrating bastards did not and still do not have the same attitiude Kickit2me ,who have done nothing but lied about the planned attack even to this day on one of our most beautiful warriors.

Though it might be a rash cowardly act ?

Are you serious ?

Definition of Grief

Grief: The normal process of reacting to a loss. The loss may be physical (such as a death), social (such as divorce), or occupational (such as a job). Emotional reactions of grief can include anger, guilt, anxiety, sadness, and despair. Physical reactions of grief can include sleeping problems, changes in appetite, physical problems, or illness.
Yep Guilty your worship!

Hatred (Ha"tred) (?), n.
[OE. hatred, hatreden. See Hate, and cf. Kindred.]

Strong aversion; intense dislike; hate; an affection of the mind awakened by something regarded as evil.

Yep Guilty your worship!

Despair (De*spair") (?), v. i.
[imp. & p. p. Despaired (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Despairing.]
[OE. despeiren, dispeiren, OF. desperer, fr. L. desperare; de- + sperare to hope; akin to spes hope, and perh. to spatium space, E. space, speed; cf. OF. espeir hope, F. espoir. Cf. Prosper, Desperate.]

To be hopeless; to have no hope; to give up all hope or expectation; -- often with of. "We despaired even of life." 2 Cor. i. 8. "Never despair of God's blessings here." Wake.
Yep Guilty your worship!

coward cow'ard adj.
WORD HISTORY A coward is one who “turns tail.” The word comes from Old French couart, coart, “coward,” and is related to Italian codardo, “coward.” Couart is formed from coe, a northern French dialectal variant of cue, “tail” (from Latin cōda), to which the derogatory suffix –ard was added. This suffix appears in bastard, laggard, and sluggard, to name a few. A coward may also be one with his tail between his legs. In heraldry a lion couard, “cowardly lion,” was depicted with his tail between his legs. So a coward may be one with his tail hidden between his legs or one who turns tail and runs like a rabbit, with his tail showing.

Thesaurus: cowardly

adjective

Ignobly lacking in courage: chickenhearted, craven, dastardly, faint-hearted, lily-livered, pusillanimous, unmanly. Slang chicken, gutless, yellow, yellow-bellied. See fear/courage.

So in closing the thug and the rest of that stinking putrid mob with no history no culture no known human qaulities can go take a flying @#%$ for all i care!

So please excuse this fat middle aged man for hating and not forgiving the bastards who deliberately attacked a brother in a Collingwood jumper and nearly killed him!
I can live with that.............and easily!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: