Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 14 1972 Collingwood v St. Kilda - The Coward's Act

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piepark 

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

That coward filthy piece of crap O'Dea and his pathetic loser club who shouldn't even be in the AFL deserve to rot in hell. If I ever met O'Dea, I would fair dinkum look him straight in the eyes and smack my fist straight between his eyes.

What a coward. What a loser. I hope he gets payback one day. I was born in 1969 but those photo's make me sick and would have been irate if I had seen it at the game. Look at that pathetic excuse for a human arrogantly walking away as that young man is lying on the ground near dead.

Win it this week pies, smash that pathetic lot right out of the ground this week!
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:32 pm

St Kilda are the lowest piece of filth and always have been. They are constant pretenders - play five good games for the fainters and you're a "champion".

I hate them above all others - because of John Greening and that coward thug lowlife.

My iron rule for St Kilda is they only beat teams they know they can beat. They are essentially a gutless outfit. Get between their ears and guts and you've got them beat.

i hope we effen thrash them, the spineless lowlife stinking filth!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:48 pm

Great report MG. You've brought it all back to me. I still get very emotional when I think about that day. I was there at Moorabin as a young kid standing next to my grand father. The greatest player I've ever seen had his career ended and his life almost as well, by that thug O'Dea, almost certainly on the orders of the other copper at the Saints, Alan Jeans. FFS, Collingwood isn't it about time we honored our young champ cut down in his prime by having a medal or award named after him. Come on Eddie make it happen.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:10 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
FFS, Collingwood isn't it about time we honored our young champ cut down in his prime by having a medal or award named after him. Come on Eddie make it happen.

Great suggestion Rudeboy!

I'll tell you one thing I have over St Kilda though. My of my first ever games of watching VFL footy was at Victoria Park in 1970. I was only a small kid and Tuddy was my hero. As you know we had a great side that year (the GF that year is too traumatic for me to recount), but the Saints were a tough outfit. At half-time they were nearly 10 goals up and I was in tears. My Dad said, "Come on son, have faith in the boys." Vic park was packed, and the mood was ugly. The boys were having a shocker. But in that second-half we ran the pants off the bastards and got up by about 10 points I think. I was so excited, and from that moment on, there was no doubt part of my heart will always be at old Victoria Park. Very Happy
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:20 pm

I am just Uploading a Video on Greening to YouTube Now
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:26 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
I am just Uploading a Video on Greening to YouTube Now

You are a champ Dave. Let's know the link when you've done it. I really think this is an important way to educate our younger generation of supporters.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:46 pm

Here's the link to the video uploaded to You Tube by Dave the Man. Thanks Dave.

Great Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NffmUbpXL-E

Interesting though how it downplays the mongrel act that nearly killed him. We all know who did it and he won't be forgiven.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:52 pm

magpie greg wrote:
Its the video created by Collingwood for the dinner held before the Hawthorn game last year when JG was flown down as a guest of honour.

Still a Great Video.

Might see If I can put another video of Greening up tommrow

john b 

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:58 pm

A friend of a friend of mine said he had seen the incedent. He has a bit of credibility, he is not known to be a s**t talker.

He said if he ever see's O'Dea he'll slill spit in his face, and this is tweenty years on.

His exact words to me was "He karati kicked him in the head, when he wasn't expecting it."

I'm sure that O'Dea will still be feeling crap about it.

But its a sad story for our great club.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:00 am

john b wrote:
A friend of a friend of mine said he had seen the incedent. He has a bit of credibility, he is not known to be a s**t talker.

He said if he ever see's O'Dea he'll slill spit in his face, and this is tweenty years on.

His exact words to me was "He karati kicked him in the head, when he wasn't expecting it."

He Kicked him in the Head?

Well that would explain why he was hurt more than just a Punch in the head would of head

john b 

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:07 am

Thats what i was told Dave,

Its pretty vicious for a footy game.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:15 am

Dave The Man wrote:
john b wrote:

He Kicked him in the Head?

Well that would explain why he was hurt more than just a Punch in the head would of head

I think it was actually reported at the time as a karate chop to the head. O'Dea was a copper trained in martial arts, while Johnny Greening was the fairest player you'd ever see.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:17 am

magpie greg wrote:
What he might be mixing up it up with is that after JG was on the ground a St Kilda "champion" touched greening with his foot as if he was an animal to see if he would stir.

I wont mention who that player was, but he was much feted.

Do you mean Ross Smith?

Amazing really that Greening lived given the poor medical assistance at grounds in those days. Reminds me of a classic scene in "Life of Mars" when Sam Tyler instructs an ambulance officer to give a girl a saline drip thinking he was a paramedic. "Listen mate I'm only the ambulance driver," was the response. Those Collingwood trainers did a great job, but they were not skilled paramedics. With the bleeding on the brain that Greening experienced, it is a miracle he didn't die. And it seemed to take an age before they got him off the ground. Bad memories all round. At least when the Sainters move to Frankston they'll bulldoze the place!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:19 am

^^^

Maybe if it happend Today he could of had a Longer Carrier?

raymond35 

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:24 am

I doubt you'd ever get any admission from Jeans, going by his ridiculous performance on world of sport after the Matthews-Bruns incident.

Interesting that it was the normally easy going Peter McKenna who got stuck into him as it was Mackas team mate who went down several years earlier as well.

We all saw how great Jeans was when he coached Richmond too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: