Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The man in gold needs help!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_man_in_Gold 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 2:21 pm
Post subject: The man in gold needs help!!Reply with quote

Its hard to believe or imagine how a gold wig and jacket has captured everybody's attention, Let me explain how all this started, about round 3 last year my good cheer squad friend Lesley who sat about 4 rows behind me threw me a brand new gold wig still in its wrapper and im sittin there thinking what the hell am i gonna do with this thing, so then it was decided to put the thing on when the pies had the game won wether it be the second quarter or last quarter and from there it really took off, at first i felt like a complete dick but the huge fun and response it created would ensure it would stay.

Now the whole idea of putting on the gold wig when the pies had the game won was a way of sticking it up all them opposition supporters, its simple in sporting terms how can you argue with anyone donning the gold...in sport gold has always been associated with winning so when a magpie supporter is seen to be arrogantly wearing a gold wig way before the final siren is really sticking it up the opposition..shit you gotta love that.

At the begining of this season thanks to eddie we now have the gold jacket and the magpie man in gold has really taken off with all sections of collingwood people.
The amount of people who paid five bucks to have ther pic taken wearing the 'gold wig only' on family day at victoria park earlier this year was staggering and it showed me the whole idea was greatly recieved and appreciated..since then with the jacket comming from eddie it has just become enormous.

People are wanting there pic taken with the man in gold and many others including kiddies want the man in gold's autograph, last saturday night at colonial against the swans neil another good cheer squad friend made a doll and decked it out in a gold wig and jacket it really was quite clever and all the kids in the squad just wanted to have him the response was absolutely incredible, two people came up to me after the game and suggested why dont you market the man in gold, one guy gave me his card and told me to ring him but in the excitement during the after match celebrations i lost his business card and i may not ever see him again as i remember him saying he cant get to many games but to ring him after having a think about it.

Now im not business minded and i dont want to make any money out of this thing for myself i'd sooner donate the money to charity or just give it to the club, a guy whom i spoke with today suggested why dont i create some sort of poster with the man in gold's arms outstretched with thunder comming from the sky and magpies perched on his outstretched arms...wow i thought that would be amazing.

How do we do this and what would the cost be and would the club crack the shits ?
anyone with any business sense or other ideas could you please help me.
Thanks
joffa

PS this was a long post i hope i havnt bored the living crap out of you all.

The wig's united will never be defeated!!

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 3:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing the Collingwood teddy bear on the footy show last Thursday I suggest you have a bear in gold that the players have to look after.

Fradam Wrote This
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: