Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Month Of June Crucial!!!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 3:31 am
Post subject: Month Of June Crucial!!!!!Reply with quote

The next 3 weeks will be a crucial period for the mighty magpies.

At the moment we are 7-3 and share equal top of the ladder. However, the teams we meet over the next 3 weeks will all be looking for a win to secure a spot in the top 8.

1st Melbourne. We all hate this team (at least I do). They will come off a loss to geelong expecting some lift and drive. And we will be the target. I believe they are a very over rated team. However, when their confidence is up they are capable of playing good footy. Our forward line may prove to much for their backs as they have one of the worst defences in the league. And in contrast our defence is 2nd best. I predict a Collingwood win by 27 points.

2nd Fremantle. have not lost at Subi this year as of yet, and we do not normally play well there. The key to winning at subi is to play the centre as teams lose their way on the wide flanks. I know cause I played a lot of footy there. They are definetly the most improved side in the comp behind us. In addition, they will be looking to get ahead of the pack surrounding them for a birth in the top 8. This game could swing either way.It will be a hard fought match and I am predicting a close win of 2 points the Pies Way.

3rd Kangaroos. Just starting to find form of late. However are very up and down depending on the day. Are able to kick goals, but also have a very sloppy defence. Our midfield is stronger and should overpower the Roos. presti needs to pick up Rocca. Our defence should hold them. They are also looking to ressurect their season and would feel they are a chance against us. In the end I believe we will have too much class. My prediction a 34 point win.

If we can win 2 of these 3 games we will secure a top 4 position on the ladder. 3 would be magnificent and we may well see the pies in the top 2. We need to kick more goals. This is the only factor separating us % wise with the other top teams that share 1st place with us. We are getting the drive from the 1/2 backs and midfield, it is our forwards who need to step up and kick bags of them.

GO PIES!!!!

If your not bleeding Black and White, you don't truly support Collingwood!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 4:29 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good preview bwphantom. I agree that we not only need to kick more goals but we also need to kick more accurately.

We've kicked 136 goals after 10 rounds which averages out to just over 13 goals per match. I know goal scoring can depend on a number of factors such as weather conditions etc, but increasing our average would be good.

Our kicking for goal total for 10 rounds is: 136 goals - 126 points. It's not shocking but it could definitely be improved on.

Although playing finals footy is our goal this year - finishing in the top 4 would be an extremely handy bonus. At the end of the day it's the 4 points that count but a couple of big wins to top up our percentage would also be nice, as that may end up deciding final positions at the end of the season.

GO PIES!
Marg

Brown26 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 6:16 am

Lookinga t the draw we need to win the next four to still be in the top four. having said that, we play freo, adelaide and melbounre, (and north) and if we beat those three we can put some distance between ourselves and the challangers (them). Also, port plays essendon next week, so that'll give us a breather from them, or put us above port, but WE HAVE TO WIN!!!

it's obvious we've really improved this year, but we have to take the next step now, that's beating teams like melbournea nd sydney easily, and beating fre and adelaide at their home grounds. Then we'll be top four material.

the next four weeks are critical.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Black_White 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 11:02 am

Is it June? Are you sure?
I still think its May, as we perform well in May.

-Craig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: