Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood v Geelong

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAJH1 Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood 10.7-67 def by Geelong 19.9-123 CollingwoodGoal Kickers: L. Jurrah 2, B. Reid 2, C. Bryan, R. Colbert, D. Nicholls, D. Stanley, S. Iles, B. MacAffer

Best Players: J. Anthony, S. Wellingham, J. Crow, D. Nicholls, B. Reid, R. Lonie
GeelongGoal Kickers: S. Simpson 3, S. Hogan 3, T. West 2, D. McKenna 2, J. Davenport 2, T. Lonergan, B. Prismall, K. Tenace, N. Djerrkura, S. Stavenuiter, M. Firman, T. Varcoe
Best Players: B. Prismall, K. Tenace, S. Hogan, B. Moles, J. Davenport, M. Firman
rand corp 

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:48 pm

Right: Bring in JA and Wellingham next week and possibly Cox as well.
Mr. Chairman 

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:00 pm

Nicholls in the best again, nice to see.
Cakewalk 

For a minute there I lost myself , I lost myself

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:51 pm

Wellingham, Anthony , Cox and Reid are too good for VFL , playing with spuds is just bringing them down.
They should make room for the first three in the seniors next week and give Reid one more week to get some more match fitness.
Some good football and an atrocious last quarter. McCarthy and Barham looked underdone , but we don't have a VFL seconds side. Thoolen is still lost , Dawes is battling big time , and Lonie is an ineffective seagull.
Illes tries hard , but is prone to stupidity , Bear does some good things but his kicking has no finesse , he tries to kick it too hard and errors ensue. I'm still not sure about Stanley , sometimes I think Yes and other times he looks to not have a quick enough mind or legs. Egan is a half forward flanker and not a defender , just give up on playing him back and see if he can atleast kick a few goals a game. A positive is continuing to play Dyas in the middle , he'll learn valuable lessons there. Macaffer is playing quite well at the moment as a lead up half forward.
Mugavin is not good enough for VFL.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:04 pm

Time to bring back Lonie
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:25 pm

Cakewalk wrote:
and Lonie is an ineffective seagull.

No, that was last year!

Hooked
Mr. Chairman 

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:05 pm

Wellingham is certainly the flavour of them month eh.
Mr. Chairman 

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Cakewalk wrote:
Egan is a half forward flanker and not a defender , just give up on playing him back and see if he can atleast kick a few goals a game.

Brown seems quite rigid with this team.
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:56 pm

Mr. Chairman wrote:
Cakewalk wrote:
Egan is a half forward flanker and not a defender , just give up on playing him back and see if he can atleast kick a few goals a game.

Brown seems quite rigid with this team.

Don't forget the big picture. This is all about feeding the AFL side with the right players.

Can Egan compete with the likes of Medhurst, Didak, Thomas, Davis, Lockyer? Not a chance. His best route back to senior footy is through the backline or perhaps the wing.

rand corp 

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:02 pm

I remember last year reading on the club site they were playing him back to teach him (Ego), how to be accountable, same tripe dished up for Cox playing back.

Cox played junior footy as a midget ruckman and a forward, Ego as a foward and wingman.

To me Ego has HF Flanker written all over him and Cox is the modern wingman/sweeper/midfielder.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:46 pm

rand corp wrote:
I remember last year reading on the club site they were playing him back to teach him (Ego), how to be accountable, same tripe dished up for Cox playing back.

Cox played junior footy as a midget ruckman and a forward, Ego as a foward and wingman.

To me Ego has HF Flanker written all over him and Cox is the modern wingman/sweeper/midfielder.

Correct weight RC.
Mr. Chairman 

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:50 pm

Ego up forward is a headache, we need as many headaches as possible up forward.
leelee Scorpio

Live. Love. Race.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:58 am

ummm did i just see lonie in the list of BOG?
Mr. Chairman 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:50 pm

Lones will get his chance.
Your Joking Me!! 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:38 pm

Got along to the game yesterday to see the Pies fight hard for three quarters but then be run all over the top of in the last. There were a couple of nervous moments with both Anthony and Reid going down and needing to be assisted off the ground. Both came back, but Reid looked a little propy. Would be great if JAJH could shed any light.

A special shout-out to the bloke in the Geelong cheer squad who would treat the crowd to a woeful rendition of the "oi oi oi" chant after every Geelong goal. Time for a new chant mate- that one died after the Sydney olympics.

I had my nephew with me so I can't say I was focused on all the match, but here are some thoughts none the less.

-Wellingham was probably our best. Looked a cut above our other young blokes. He was opposed by Geelong's skipper, James Byrne, for much of the day, ran hard all day and used it every time.

-John Anthony was terrific down back for the most part and following Malthouse's post-match comments about our defence, shouldn't be far away from a recall.

-Egan did a couple of good things including a couple of team things which impressed me. Was solid without being outstanding. Teams look as though they're trying to take him back to the square on a regular basis so he can't run and distribute.

-Ryan Lonie's career is a good as over as far as I'm concerned. Doesn't work hard enough when he doesn't have the ball. Gets cheapies all over the place and disposal wasn't the best I've seen from him.

-Reid showed some good signs but seemed to lack a bit of match fitness. With another run under his belt, should be in contention for the game after the bye.

-Dawes couldn't find the pill and looked badly out of form. Geelong got numbers back which didn't really help him.

-McAfter didn't show anything to suggest he'll be elevated, despite one of the posts above.

-Dyas did a couple of things, but as I've said previously, looks a while off AFL.

-Cox is an interesting one. Good dash and foot skills, but too often seems too small to play on his opponents at VFL level. Should be being groomed a running-back, but being asked to play on the third tall which doesn't suit him.

-Thoolan looks a likley type but will take time.

-Barham got a fair bit of it and was OK.

-McCarthy was reasonable and may sneak into the one's before the season's out.

-Stanley was largely unsighted and is struggling.

-Bryan has a decent game but his kicking and lack of vision still lets him down badly at times. Not the worst game I've seen him play though.

-Isles ran hard all day but lacked a bit of polish in patches.

Liam Jarruh could be a smokey for a rookie spot/ mature rookie spot next year. Has that touch of magic that a lot of the indigenous boys have but still needs time to adapt to the more physical game.

Frost was solid and Crow was one of our better players.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: