Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

GO THUCK YOURSELVES PORT ADELAIDE

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 11:18 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

You got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
Know when to run
You never count your money
While your sittin' at the table
Coz there's time enough for countin'
When the dealin's done.

Hard at it. The Collingwood way.
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 11:23 am

Onya Mike, you tell him.

If Collingwood bashing is something that Macca gets off on, then maybe he can start his own message board, then he can abuse whoever he wants to his hearts content.

His notion of Port being around longer than Collingwood is, as we all know, a total crock of s**t. Port Power, as the team he is referring to, has only been in existence for a few years, whereas Port Adelaide, which he thinks is the same team, has been around a long, long time.

Now, my opinion is that if Port Power was indeed the SANFL's attempt of having Port Adelaide in the AFL, then maybe they should play only those players registered with Port Adelaide and let the others go and play for either Adelaide or their SANFL clubs.

What's that, Port Adelaide wouldn't be competitive, I hear you say? Well then Macca, shut the f**k up about how good YOU think Port Power really is. It is a team made up to represent the best in the state, much like Adelaide, and the early version of Wet Goats. When Port Power came into existence, they got AFL preference, allowing them to pick the rest of the SANFL best, so learn to live with the fact that YOU, and you alone, have elected to follow Port Power, so I suggest you take you medication and get over it.

Port Power IS NOT Port Adelaide.

This is a Collingwood site to allow Collingwood supporters to say their bit about whatever they want.

What you really need, Macca, is to sit with the cheersquad the next time Collingwood plays Port, if you are game enough.

"Racetracks are for racing, roads are for getting there."
Black_White 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 11:51 am

Macca, you must understand that this is a Collingwood site, end of story.
If you wish to have a stir, Mike has kindly provided a section here called "Victoria Park Tavern". I suggest you post in that section, thats what it's for.
I believe that you are very lucky to be allowed back here, that would not have been my choice. I'm a regular visitor to a Hawthorn site and treat that place with respect. Before the Hawks game I took and gave some good natured ribbing. After our victory i posted this;

topic; YEEEEEEEESSSS!!!!!!
post; Sorry guys, just had to say it!

They knew I was happy and gave me some stick about the word "Yes" being bad language.
So I got the best of both worlds, I had my victory speech and am still welcomed. Pretty easy actually, just use R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

And yes, we did ban a passionate Pies supporter for acting the same as you. It was not easy and we still have guilt pangs about it, but it was required to keep this board as it was intended to be. So to ban you? Easy, we've done the hard one, other clubs ppl are not going to ruin this board.

-Craig

MarkT 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 12:36 pm

Mike,

I read the posts before I made my post. In any event I re-read them. With all due respect (and that is sincere) you are hiding behind semantics in saying he wasn't banned. I though he was (until you explained), he thought he was and most others did too. It was certainly implied (IMO anyway). I also though your defense of Joffa, while admirable in its loyalty, was poorly put when you said he could say anything...

I get the meaning but the totality of the actions and posts was distressing to me. I said my piece and that is all I wanted to do. This is an issue where you and I disagree. I don't have a problem with outsiders unles they really do cause trouble. I think the trouble was internally generated in this case although I also don't know why Macca would bother going on with his posts in this (Collingwood) environment. I had no problem with his initial post though.

Mike, for as long as I am welcome on here I will probably disagree with some of the "rules" and some of the posts. I will probably say so when I do. I still come here because they are small picture issue at the end of the day and I am as Collingwood as anyone else here. It is also a "Collingwood home" for me, or maybe that is "Collingwood Asylum".

Craig, re you vist(s) to the Hawks site, I wonder if you saw a post like Joffa's in reference to Collingwood what you would say?
I have no problem really with it, I just think to ban (suspend) someone for disagreeing in what I though was a relatively restrained manner was poor.

[This message has been edited by MarkT (edited 28 May 2002).]
Macca19 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 2:53 pm

Please Dale show me where i bashed Collingwood?? I look forward to your answer cos NOWHERE have i abused any of the posters here or abused Collingwood here. Me sit with the cheersquad?? Been there done that. Adelaide v Collingwood last year. Great match, great result, great passion after the siren went. Was awesome. But why on earth would i sit there for a Port match?? I'll gladly sit deadset in the middle of the Collingwood cheersquad the next time you play Port here, but what would that achieve? Im as loud and rampant as anyone else in here so ill easily piss off the entire Collingwood supporter base within seconds of the opening bounce, so ill probaly end up beaten up. So why would i do that?? Or was that your point, so i could get beaten up? Well its easy being a toughguy when youve got 5000 of your mates surrounding you isnt it Dale. Last of all...maybe you would like to go buy some glasses, then yo umight be able to read that i didnt write that email to Mike. Certainly wasnt me. So before you have a go at me get your FACTS right first.

Black_White : Where have i disrespected this site?? Not once have i abused or attacked any of your supporters, nor have i abused or attacked Collingwood. I didnt come here to shitstir...if i wanted to do that, my original post would of been a lot different and a helluva lot more abusive. I came here looking for some intelligent football discussion. Obviously that is found at a different Collingwood board as all i found here was a bunch of people trying to "out-thuck" each other by seeing who could write the most abuse in a single post.

What i did was NO different to what you did (in fact, i didnt even gloat about the victory) on the hawks board, yet the reason ive been victimised is because unlike those hawks supporters (who obviously realised it was a bit of banter), some of your supporters couldnt handle the "banter" and blew their top and decided to abuse the living crap outta me. I didnt start the abuse remember, yet im the one getting accused of disrespecting this place?? I never had a victory speech as such...all i did was ask three or four simple questions and i got abused. If asking simple questions with NO abusive in them is 'disrespectful' then geez you lot are precious arent you.

Why have i continued to post?? Because i got attacked. If you got called a stupid inbred moron, nobrainer vomit piece of shit, mentally deficient moron, thucked up port supporter, and continued to get abused at the Hawks board after your post would you not respond to it? I could of easily blown my top and responded like an abusive fool but i have some self control and didnt feel the need to respond in an abusive manner.

So dont tell me ive disrespected this place...i could of so easily replied like Doska did, saying thuck 110 times in one post (trying to impress someone are we Doska??). The only thing ive done wrong here is expect some reasoned discussion from the people that post here, obviously thats found at another Collingwood board as ill ive seen here is a whole bunch of people swearing their heads off and wanting to thucking kill me.

If i get banned again, i get banned...what can i do about it? Sweet **** All. I see Black_White you are a moderator this week so you can ban me. You are the one in control here. But before you ban me (if you ban me) id like to see, in your opinion, where ive disrespected this board, and in fact, how anything i wrote was in anyway different to what you wrote on that hawthorn board? Cos i honestly cant see how i was disrespectful in my original post.

[This message has been edited by Macca19 (edited 28 May 2002).]
2 PIES IN CAIRNS Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 3:04 pm

BLOODY HELL,MIKE....

Last week i find out you're a Pom.
Now you admit to having a close friend who's a Carlscum fanatic.
Pleeeeease tell me it doesn't get any worse..

GO PIES

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 3:24 pm

Mark

In any other environment I would agree with you, but when it comes to football I become parochial, territorial and totally unreasonable.

Let's agree to disagree on this because it won't go anywhere.

Macca, all you're doing (in my opinion anyway) is proving that my first actions were the right ones. Let me get this straight. You (a Port supporter) came into a Collingwood bulletin board 2 hours after Collingwood had been beaten by Port in a game in which Port's behaviour had aroused Collingwood indignation, you joined a topic which was already hostile and volatile (before you took part) and you posted an inflammatory post... and now you want me to believe that you just "came here looking for some intelligent football discussion". Don't play the martyred saint, because it doesn't ring true.

2 Pies in Cairns - no more inside information for you, you're not to be trusted with it.

Black_White 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 3:33 pm

Macca, not my individual decision to ban you, it would only be done with consultation with my co-moderators. The only one who has authority to ban or suspend on his own would be the site owner.
I have not read your original posts that started all this, but Mike found it prudent to remove your voice from the board for a while. i respect the fact that mike has moderated this board since 1995 with only Nick to help him. in that time he would have seen it all, and when he saw your stirring he dealt with it the way he has dealt with dozens of others.
Again I ask, why post in this forum or particularly in that thread? To answer your question on personal attacks, I learnt a long time ago not to reply. Not worth it and no one wins. let it slip like water off a ducks back, in fact a better response is to do what you crave, respond with a football related question. Do not let baiters get the best of you.
Again i will say that if Mike found it best to suspend you then I support that decision. I'm sure this experience shall enrich us all.

-Craig

The Zapper 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 4:02 pm

Macca macca Macca

You are so bloody condescending. Mike was dead right to ban you. Stick to your Port boards please.

Mike I'm with you. This is a Collingwood forum. I may agree or disagree with other posters here but we all bleed black and white. Last thing i want to see here is so called "intelligent" discussion with Port or Essendon or Carlton morons. I get enough of that drivel at work!

Keep the site pure please

Macca19 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 6:53 pm

Mike - if i wanted to be an arsehole and brag, gloat, rub it in, i woulda come here and told you all that you blow goats and your team is crap and that Kane Cornes stuck it up your shit team etc etc. I didnt because i have friends on this board (something you forget), and im sure they would not have been my friends anymore if i came here and acted like a clown..not to mention ive never gloated over a win in an abusive arseholey way before on any board at any time. I have self restraint, i can talk football without resorting to personal abuse and swearing. Whats wrong with wanting to talk sensibly about the match?? You sound like there is no way possible that i came here for no other reason but to gloat and rub it in. What the *** for when i have 10-12 good friends who post here? So you can say that it "doesnt add up" all you like, but the fact is...none of my posts were abusive or attacking nor have any contained any form of gloating either. There have been just as many people say they didnt have a problem with what i posted as there have that did have a problem, not to mention the private support ive had from numerous people taht post here.

Black_White: why did i post in this thread?? There was no other thread about the match at the time. If i started my own thread it woulda been worse and would of seemed like gloating. Its wierd that you accuse me of stirring and gloating when you just admitted you havent even read my posts yet...maybe you should read them before throwing accusations around. No one, not you, not mike, not anyone has shown me exactly what it is i said wrong in any of my posts. All anyone has said is "you shouldnt of posted on a collingwood board". Fair enough, ill pay that. If you dont want any non-collingwood posters here then tahts up to you guys, but at least say thats the reason instead of making up bullshit reasons about me rubbing in and shitstirring about the victory when i never even did that.
The ONLY thing i said in my original post about the actual result was "It was a fantastic match, played between two VERY even sides that both should be in the action come september. The result was probably what most people would of thought before the game...a very close one." . I mean come on, thats not a shitstir, thats not rubbing it in, thats complimenting both sides on a great game of footy. If I wanted to piss everyone off and be a real prick then there is a million of other things i would of written instead of what i did.

As this will probly be my last post, cheers to the people that stood up for me...at least you guys arent so precious.

good luck for the rest of the year, hope none of your senior players get injured and i hope we meet up in the finals (hopefully the big one...and hopefully the AFL schedules 2 port v collingwood matches next year)

ciao
Macca

[This message has been edited by Macca19 (edited 29 May 2002).]
Macca19 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 7:43 pm

actually dont worry about banning me. ill leave on my own free will. there is no point carrying this on...you arent gonna change your opinions on what you think i wrote, im not gonna change mine.

Lets just leave it at that and move on.

cya and good luck again.

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 11:45 pm

well thank christ for that.....
onya mike. have no problem with what you did. macca's comments werent insulting in my opinion but the purpose of the board is for us, not port or any other club supporters. they should be welcome to contribute and indeed even disagree when they feel it appropriate but do so in the correct manner. i thought thats why we have the Vic Park Tav section. well done for upholding what this bb is for mike.

MarkT 

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 2:19 am

Mike, I can assure you that you are no more parochial than I am. As I said, I just think we should all be a little more open. It's not a huge deal anyway. I think we should agree to disagree as you said.

Anyway, after the recent revalations about you Carlscum associations I don't think I want to talk to you any more.
(only kiddin' of course).

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 4:24 am

Ditto Mike, Stik35, MargOz, Black_white.

Here's to continued smooth Surfing in a Black and White Wonderland!

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
paulie 

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 9:32 am

Could be worse Mike you could be sleeping with the enemy!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: