Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Side For Frankston Game

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Courtesy of The Royal Sampler
Quote:

My thoughts on the game:

MacAffer was okay but surprised to see him BOG.

Cox didn't impress me much. He still got chopped up as a defender IMHO. Got reported in the 1st quarter, but it was on the far wing for me.

Anthony was very good. His kicking is excellent and his decision making was great. Hit targets, had an impact, and is ready for AFL whenever the opportunity arises.

Casey-Leigh moves very nicely and has a more than decent kick. I understand the question marks over his KP prospects, but he's a very interesting project.

Wellingham worked into the game the more it went on. Doesn't appear to have the body strength to break tackles, but got in the right spots and used it well. Has definitely improved his running to space to provide an option, which is what he needed to do.

Iles was great early but faded in the second half. Maybe struggled after a week out of the game last week? Kicking was average but his running was great and he is quick.

Toovey had one good passage of play where he ran, handed off, kept running to receive and then passed off again. It didn't amount to anything but he tried hard. Overall a pretty uneventful game for Tooves.

McCarthy can play. There was a point where a Dolphins player was running down the far wing and had a 20m head start, and a Pies player went hell for leather after him and nearly got him. I didn't know it was McCarthy until afterward, but he is quick. He is a nice flat kick, and his decision making was very good. Looks a little ungainly but is not unco-ordinated at all.

Bryan had a very good game. Did well in the ruck, presented a target up forward, laid tackles... definitely deserved to be in the best.

Cook had some nice clearances from stoppages, but they were the kind where you throw the boot on it and hope. More often than not, they went to an opponent. His sweeping work across half-back was valuable, but it was just a mediocre day for Cook IMHO.

Thoolen didn't do a whole lot that I noticed, I'm afraid.

Dawes presented well and kicked a couple. He wasn't helped by some of the delivery, but he's still a way off seniors from what I can see. Yet to really impose himself on the game.

Stanners didn't play. Maybe rested after copping a knock in seniors last week.

Also Dyas did some nice things, I don't think I'd have had him in my best, but he showed quite a bit. He's quick, he's not afraid to throw himself in there, and he runs hard and long. Hands are clean, just struggling with the decision-making a little right now which is understandable.

Chris Egan didn't do too much of note from my position.
Captain_MyCaptain Leo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:15 pm

Quote:
Anthony was very good. His kicking is excellent and his decision making was great. Hit targets, had an impact, and is ready for AFL whenever the opportunity arises.

next Friday huh.
Reid out. Anthony in?

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:23 pm

McCarthy Sounds Like a Find Smile

Could play in the Anzac Day?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:58 pm

For the record, there's one player who seems to be getting people excited, who I must say, misses training regularly, is often on the piss, wants to go home and is greatly overrated. Enough said.
favourites 2008 

The Machine

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:57 pm

only took one look at his my space before he was drafted to know who you are talking about...

Quote:

"Number of Drugs I have taken: I couldn't count Bro"
"In the past month have you been on Drugs: Yes, way too many times"

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:14 pm

So that's yet another potentially wasted early draft pick. We seem to be bloody good at that now. Most of our talent coming from later picks apart from the very early picks.
Harvey 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:45 pm

ok i'm lost. who is it???
Cakewalk 

For a minute there I lost myself , I lost myself

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:53 pm

I think favourites is too , unless bayside melbourne is wanting to go home.
Harvey 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:14 am

lol ok even more lost now...
loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:36 am

That myspace is from Dawes ?? but the go home comment was Cox?? f@#k me im confused too now.
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:54 am

Apparently Cox got reported for undue rough play for pushing a Frankston playing into the fence. Reports are the Frankston player trashed a knee when he made contact with the fence, and his year could be over.
Hooked
favourites 2008 

The Machine

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:39 am

haha maybe i think i am confused... lol

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
WKB 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:46 pm

Whilst wasn't overly convincing, I think we did enough to win and never really felt like we would lose it, despite that 3rd quarter surge by the Dolphins.

Iles - Mr two numbers Sammy, started in the unfamiliar 38 and then had to change into a longsleeve number 1. I like Sammy and his endeavour, and seems to have worked on his kicking which was his downfall for a lot of last season. Certainly in one of our best.

Thoolen - Someone wrote that he didn't see him and he did nothing, I'd say for the 3rd week in row the kid did ok. Played both up back and forward, looked to be playing up the ground a bit but I think was more moving up there following the forward he played on. Up back (like frosty) was on a bigger and taller opponent but has a good knack of not letting the forward get body contact to early, then slipping in for the presti like spoil.

Casey-Leigh - Faded in and out of the game, but he's a pretty tall kid, deceptively so, yet moves around reasonably quickly. Got caught out of the pace of the game on occasion but seems to read the play reasonably well.

Toovey - Tooves, played the way tooves does. Keeps going all day, likes to run the lines, his delivery was pretty good I thought. But whilst he doesn't do a lot wrong, he doesn't stand out at times.

Anthony - i'm biased as I think Jack is just a brilliant footballer. Did next to nothing wrong again (except like coxy last week got caught running to far when it was questionable at best). Played fullback most of the game, on a much bigger (weight-wise) opponent, but just out positioned him, never letting him use that weight. He's got insane footy smarts. And never, repeat NEVER panics and hits his targets.

Egan - I said it last week, the boo-boys love him, has to have 100 touches to be considered any good. He runs hard, talks well on the field, marshalls players. Creates space, hit targets, but his achilles heel needs to work on defensive areas.

Jurrah - Hard not to like him, strong pair of hands and loves to pull out some tricks, but more than happy to do the one percenters. Crowd favourite and deservedly so.

Cook - I thought cooky was good, again. Hasn't done much wrong this year at all, good at clearances, runs in support, breaks lines. Wouldn't think he'd be too far off.

Frost - second week in a row he has been in our best 3 for mine. After a shocker against Williamstown he's really lifted. Started on the backline and ran and ran and ran. Like Thools he was giving up weight and height but spoiled well and when the ball hit the deck he won it. Was moved up forward and provided a great target. Great game.

Cox - Coxy is as Coxy does, gets possession at will, runs all day, hits targets. Best part is that at one stage they tried to drag coxy back to the fullback line, forcing him to be a one-on-one defender (which some have said he needed to work on, myself included) and won easily. The report is a funny one, it wasn't much of a push as both players where jumping towards the line anyway, and the knee was clearly because of the concrete at the bottom of the fence on that side of the ground (which is a good 30cm of concrete), and I wonder if he wouldn't have hit it anyway. Don't like that the umpire saw the injury then reported him, when the push wasn't really reportable.

Wellingham - I actually liked what sharrod did today, in that he started off slow, couldn't seem to get in the game. Worked his way out of it and really started to stamp himself at a time when they were fighting back.

Nicholls - reckon he'd be leading the VFL b&f at the moment (many might disagree). Super consistent, those who watched him at Willy would see that he is still a hardnut and gives up nothing, but if anything he has added to his game, it's just i'm still not sure what it is. Not sure if it's kicking that has improved or he is just getting more geniune time onball, not being shunted to a pocket like he was at Willy (though is still getting as many goals)

Dawes - Got better as the game did, needs to have confidence in his kicking. If you take a mark inside 40 don't look around. But like someone else said, he needs to really start imposing that big frame of his into games

MacAffer - Someone said he got BOG, not sure about that but i'd put him in the top 3. Was just solid all round.

Bryan - He is another who I don't think has done much wrong this year, must know he won't get much game time this year but he doesn't go back to the reserves and have a sook (like a certain injury-prone ex-ruckman used to *cough*cam cloke*cough*). Seems to be moving really well around the ground and is kicking goals which i think is important.

McCarthy - For pick 35 I think he is a geniune find. Knows where to go to get the footy and seems to have a good kick on him, not afraid of a contest either.

Dyas - I'm gonna say that the only thing that Dyas needs to work on his decision making skills, simple things like when to get rid of it as opposed to knowing where to give it to. Other than that he seems to have a good allround game on him. Tough bugger also.

Int

Crow - Another reasonable game, again i'm a fan of his work ethic, getting everything out of himself. Less time in the ruck it seemed this week, with bryan doing so well. a lot of the classic one percenters that is a hallmark of his game.

Licuria- Licca seems to be loving it at this level, anyone see his hanger attempt, would never have tried that at senior level but damn it was good.

Mugavin - He turned it over a few times, but he also went in and under and got the pill, read the game well and was really at the bottom of a tonne of contests. Showed enough for me.

Carmody - Shows good leadership on the field but it seemed he was finding it hard to get into the game for large patches.

Walsh - i think he's a pretty hardworking forward, and someone correct me but didn't seem to play a hell of a lot at fullforward this week.
on the outer 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:07 am

Once again WKB you have done a great match/player report
Prynny_22 Sagittarius

Out of Nicks BB Retirement

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:04 pm

Hey guys

How did number 9 from frankston play?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: