Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Northern Bullants vs. Collingwood - Team

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

cant believe john anthony was dropped after his effort last week
Didcos435 Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:39 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
AFL Players Except Anthony has done Nothing.

Jurrah has been good

Wellingham was good.
The Collingwood Turtle Libra

Side by Side, through good times & bad

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:22 pm

Just back from Price Fixer Park

Final Score: Pies 12.5.77 to Bullants 20.8.128

Goals: Jurrah 3, Bryan 2, Cook, Egan, Wallingham, Thoolen, Lonie, Dyas, Cox.

Best Players : Cook, Anthony and Jurrah

Very underwhelming performance by the VFL Pies.

Really little to be enthused about.

We were scratching to even have three good players.

Very poor game in terms of skills from both teams.

Some highlights were Liam Jarrah kicking a couple of special goals on the boundary line and Kevin Dyas kicking a nice running goal from about 45 metres out.

Seeing Chris Bryan and Cain Hackland ruck against one another was a definate lowlight.
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:39 pm

Gee that's two weeks in a row they've given up the ghost in the last quarter. Really given it up.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:43 pm

Thanks for the updates guys.

Sounds like a lot more work to be done before the Pies are competitive.

Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:28 pm

brand new team, guys, will take time. See how they're going in the second half of the season. Wouldn't pay too much attention to the first 10 or so weeks, only to see how our AFL players are travelling.
Pies Passion 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:03 pm

Wellingham best by far. Started on the wing as usual but then played much of the 2nd half on the ball. He also got 6 more disposals than any other Magpie.

Very impressive.
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:21 pm

My, haven't opinions turned since the practice match demolition against Geelong!
Hooked
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:30 pm

stanley and goldsack did NOT play!

the boys played well in patches

jurrah kicked 2 goals from the boundry. his 1st goal was on a really tight angle. drop punt goal thank you very much.

he is going to be a star. and man is he quick.

oh and anthony was NOT happy playing in the reserves.
JAJH1 Libra

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:37 pm

-magpies are 2 good- wrote:

Says who?
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:47 pm

JAJH1 wrote:
-magpies are 2 good- wrote:

Says who?

man himself.

dan spoke to him like start of a qtr 2nd or something. dan said you should still be in the 1st. then he was like yea unlucky words to that effect
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:37 pm

Where did J-Mac Play
The Collingwood Turtle Libra

Side by Side, through good times & bad

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:31 pm

Well actions speak louder than words and John Anthony played well and took a sensationally courageous mark backing into a pack. Never flinched nor took a peak. Very gutsy.

Yes he was stiff to miss for the seniors, but I'm sure he'll take the demotion the right way and fight his way back in the first 22.
Pies Passion 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:42 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Where did J-Mac Play

Johnny McCarthy played sort of off half-back and along the wing. I was actually pretty impressed with his game. May not have set the house on fire but certainly showed enough for me to get excited about. Wouldn't be surprised if he was playing finals footy for the Pies this September.
WKB 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:11 am

John McCarthy's game was very promising today, started in the middle and worked pretty hard all day.

Sharod - He the last two weeks has been like the whole team, seemed to fade out of it, but saying that, was great today, he has that touch of class about him.

Dyas - Unlucky player today, worked his arse off and wasn't rewarded, caught holding the ball a couple of times when the tackles clearly went into his back (something dutchy took up with the umpires as they went to the 3qtr time huddle)

Coxy - Again I thought he had a good game, ran all day, was reasonably solid, needed to work a little on his sole defensive side, just manning up when he had to, but played more a loose player, but times he needed to pick up a loose bullants player (of which there were many at times). Also see one of the worse decisions of the day when Coxy ran 25 metres total, with 3 bounces (one at start of run, one in the middle and one at the end) and was pinged for running to far, hilarious. Heard him talking at quarter time and he was a sick boy and was struggling, but you couldn't tell.

John Anthony - Now that's how a quality player takes a demotion, goes back and plays his best footy. Seriously this kid is a class above, he really is.

Toby Thoolen - I actually liked his game, probably stats won't show him having many touches but I thought he presented all day (on a day when the delivery forward was awful)

Cooky - Again I thought he was ok today, willing to hit packs and break lines, sadly didn't get much support

Bryan - i'll get laughed down here but i think he's been not too bad this year, he works hard back and forward and he will work hard to just provide an option, yes his ability is below a lot of players and he must know he won't play much this year but he still seems to give his all.

Lonie - As they say, if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all. But the words Butter as soft he's may be used.

Dutchy - still the same dutchy, at contests, nuggety, tries to run but he's not as quick as he used to be and his stopping, propping and high chip kicks will get a teammate killed one day.

Egan - he's a tough one, it's clear everyone here judges him on a different plane to everyone else and he HAS to be perfect or it's a dud game. I don't know, one of the real leaders on the field with talk etc, very vocal at the huddles, like coxy he needs to learn to be more defensive.

Dawes - had a barry crocker (but for 3 quarters the delivery forward was awful and he was up against 3 opponents and had no chance) Went into the ruck at one stage and had a few touches, but no real influence on the game at all.

I know I've forgotten AFL listed players (were was the 'Caf?)

VFL players

Jarrah - clearly a crowd favourite, got a good mix of the flashy and simple things (leaning heavily towards the flash and that's a good thing)

Frosty - Thought it was his best game for us, was freed up a little and offered a fair bit of run

Carmody - He solid without being spectacular a quieter game from him.

Crow - Tough one, i'm an unashamed fan from his days with us, gives it absolute all and then some, but was quiet for long periods today.

McDonald - thought he was under-utilised today, especially early, they dropped back numbers on to our big forwards and we could have used them as decoys and gone to mcdonald who can play in a medhurst mould.

Overall I thought we were lazy at times not willing to pick up and a lot of finger pointing. And I hate losing but I can't help but think it's a new team still trying to work out what's gonna fit where so not overly concerned...yet.

It's late, I know i've forgotten players but that's my view of the game.

One consistent is the shite level of VFL umpiring, no rhyme or reason to practically any decision at times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: