Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

DON'T GET COCKY - SYDNEY DANGER GAME!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Millane42 

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 2:31 am
Post subject: DON'T GET COCKY - SYDNEY DANGER GAME!Reply with quote

After reading some predictions on this board that we will flog the Swans - be careful. It is easy to be complacent given the Swans have lost 3 in a row. They should have beaten essendon like we should have beaten Port, if Mott and Rocca/Lockyer/Freeborn had kicked goals.

I think from memory that the pies haven't beaten Sydney since early 1995 in Melbourne. They are a really boogey club for the pies and this is a real danger game. This is the sort of game we HAVE TO WIN if we are going to be serious about taking the next step.

I urge everyone to go to the game this weekend and be VERY LOUD and cheer our boys. I also hope all the players will play well and NEVER GIVE UP!

C'mon boys please win against the Swans -and stick it up Colless and Eade - 2 men who don't rate us or respect us as a club and a team.

"Grinners are Winners.."

[This message has been edited by Millane42 (edited 27 May 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Millane42 (edited 27 May 2002).]
Rosewall Woman 2 

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 4:00 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

The next three games will be real danger games. Sydney will be driven by such a good close performance this week and just like us had the chance to win in the last minutes of the game. Melbourne are finding form and will be a threat and Fremantle is a much better side than they are given credit for. We need to win these 3 games and show that we can win the games we are expected to as well as some of the tough ones. Never get cocky just get passionate and bring that roof down on Saturday.

bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 4:19 am

One thing i have noticed about the boys this year compared to last year, is that we seem to realise that no team in the league can be treated lightly. We underestimated Carlscum and that cost us a win. I don't believe any team is bad this year, the competition is quite close. And there really is not much gap between the top team to the 10 on the ladder. Any team have the capabilities to knock off the top teams. Sydney is one of these teams. They don't mind Colonial, however we have improved our win ratio at this ground recently. Sydney showed guts on Sat night and it will be a good challenge for the boys. One thing I did notice is that the Don's don't have a taller or more mobile forward line than ours. This factor will stretch Sydney's backline. I believe we will see the flooding tactics used. I think Cummings should play. We missed him on Friday. He may not be kicking bags of goals of late, but what he does do is open up our forward line. Opposing teams can't afford to double up on pebbles or taz as cummings is a definite target. I say keep him in the team each week. Our midfield is way above the swans mid field and with O'bree winning the ball like he is we will be hard to contain. i don't think the boys are complacent and the next 3 games are important to how our season pans out.

We are a more disciplined and structured side than last year and in the end I believe this wiil be the dominating factor for us becoming part of September Action.

GO PIES!!!!

If your not bleeding Black and White, you don't truly support Collingwood!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Rosewall Woman 2 

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 4:25 am

I agree Cummings is vital. He may not get the stats but he takes the spotlight off others and allows them the freedom to get the ball. His work off the ball is brilliant and so often if you don't rate in the stats you are ignored. The Essendon game is a classic case of this. Television really doesn't let you see all the extra things going on.

Magpies_rule19 

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 12:43 pm

i do agree with you, but what is the point of being a collingwood supporter if your not gonna get abit cocky at times.
its not that you are being cocky it is that we have faith in our team and what i mean by that is i am in footy tipping and because we forgot to do this weeks everyone is gonna get 8, and i said that if collingwood lose i should only get 7(i tip them all the time). So now i have lost the lead i had, only because i believe they could win and thats what i think this week!!!!

GO THE PIES!!!!

clokeforever34 

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 1:39 pm

dont worry we will kill them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: