Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

dont blame it on anthony

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clokeforever34 

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 6:54 am
Post subject: dont blame it on anthonyReply with quote

dont blame the loss on anthony rocca,although he didnt get the ball that much and missed the goal that would've drawn the game,he was double teamed all night and couldnt do that much, but really we didnt have an outstanding player.Our best was problebly tarken and he wasnt outstanding. I think we r alot better then port and they played their best footy and we played about70%,everybody dont panic because we will give sydney the mother of all hidings on Saterday night.GO PIES!!!!!!!!!

Doska^32 

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 7:27 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony Rocca cannot be blamed, the game is decided in 120 minutes not from one kick, as for Anthony Rocca he didn't have the best of nights but he did stuff off the ball that I was impressed with unlucky Pebbles.
Wakelin on Tredrea was one of the rare mistakes Malthouse has made as coach of our club, as I said before I can't beleive Presti didn't get the job as he gave Tredrea a bath in the second half.
The only people that will go after Rocca when he missed the goal are our bandwagoners that think games are settled from one kick, like the Bulldogs game people say the Bulldogs kicked bad, but what if they kicked say one of those goals that they missed the ball would be back in the centre and something different would have happened. A gallant loss no one likes losing but expect Anthony to come out firing next week.

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 8:12 am

Well said, Clokeforever and Doska.

I'm glad someone brought this up because I was thinking of starting a thread on it myself.

I thought Rocca played a servicable, if somewhat unspectacular, role in last night's match and he'd be the last person you'd blame for the loss.

All you Rocca knockers out there, consider this:

There have, it must be said, been a few occasion in Anthony Rocca's career when he has taken a set shot for goal at a crucial moment late in a game. Sometimes he kicks 'em. Sometimes he misses 'em.

But why do you suppose he finds himself in this position so often?

Think about it.

The only reason Anthony Rocca so often finds himself in the position where disappointed Pie fans blame him for a defeat is simply because he is so often the man who presents himself at the crucial moment in a game. He'll be the guy who will pluck the miraculous mark out of thin air when the game is there to be won ... or, in this case, drawn.

I haven't always been a big fan of Anthony Rocca ... but he has really stood up this year. I rate him as one of our three or four most valuable players. He is a guy who can turn a game around simply by presenting himself.

He'll be one of the guys who gets us through September ... and when he lines up for the winning goal after the siren on the last Saturday in September ... against Port Adelaide ... with Kane Cornes on the mark ... I'll have COMPLETE CONFIDENCE IN HIM.

Won't you?

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 10:32 am

Spot on folks.....anyone who bags a player for that is only adevertising their ignorance...anthony has kicked a few match winners too, as alf points out, if he's there at the death he's doing something right....save up the match winner for the GF Ant!

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 10:43 am

Well pointed out Alf. Anthony has done that 5 times, that I can think of, with a score of 3.2. He's saved 3 games, and gave us a chance in two others - he's cost us none.

My fear is that one day he won't be there to give us that chance to pull the fat from the fire.

molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 10:47 am

I am most surprised to see so much positive messages on here after a loss because i have found it when the pies lose,people have a negative view,maybe i'm wrong. Well done pie fans for sticking with the club. As for anyone who bags rocca for missing a goal remember that goal he kicked against the swans to win it ,I think it was last year or possibly the year before but it proves he can kick them, keep your chin up pebbles and all other collingwood players and show the swans who's boss next week.

Jarrod Molloy RULES!!!!
*2002 Joint V.C*

[This message has been edited by molloymagic (edited 25 May 2002).]

[This message has been edited by molloymagic (edited 25 May 2002).]
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 1:59 pm

I NEVER blame the last kick of the game for a loss.
Too many other wasted opportunities.
Unfortunately, I'm sure Anthony feels pretty bad and some comments by Mick Malthouse in todays Herald Sun were really disappointing. He said "Anthony will probably lose sleep over it and so will I because he should have kicked that one".
Probably quoted out of context or straight after the game.
He also pointed out Glenn Freeborn should have kicked his too.
We don't turn on our own like Richmond,Carlton and Sydney.
Lets give Anthony all our support and encouragement next week.

Rowdy4ever 

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 2:21 pm

What Mickey said was true. He will lose sleep over it like anyone else would. For God's sake I'm losing sleep over it too!When he mentioned Freeborn he was pointing out that it wasn't Rocca that lost the game. That there were a few opportunities there that were missed and a combo of this is what lost it for us.

Majority of pie supporters always stick up for one another. We're not like Carlton. Our memberships have always been up there no matter where we've been on the ladder. Shit, I've been a member for nearly 10 years and will continue to do so no matter where we are. When we're falling that's when we're needed the most - The term bandwagon should NEVER be referred to when it comes to the Collingwood Football Club and shame on those that jump on and off it.

GO PIES FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 4:56 pm

Interesting watching the end of the swans v dons game tonight. Mott missed an easy goal than Rocca... yet it looked like his teammates eg Hall, stayed away from him in defeat - nothing like the care the pies had for Anthony the night before. It says something about the swans i think. Bring em on.

Hard at it. The Collingwood way.
Michael 

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 5:07 pm

It wasn't anthonys fault that we lost, it was in the first quarter when port kicked 6 goals to 1.
He looked really down when they came out after the game and I really felt for him.
Anthony its always exciting when you take those great marks and just hope you have a great game against sydney next sat.

paulie 

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 7:50 pm

No worries there The Ant's not to blame.He is always presenting himself to give us the oportunity to win games.Thought he really kept us in the dogs game and has been great all year.

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 4:55 am

Pebbles is still a champion and definitely playing some of his best football this year. I agree with everyone, that a match can't be rated on one kick - and a kick under THAT much pressure. I mean, I'd stop breathing, my legs would turn to jelly and I couldn't even kick the damn ball!

But well done to Pebbles for putting himself in the right position and never giving up - a little bit of luck going our way at times during the game and the match would have been ours.

GO PIES & we love ya Pebbles!
Marg

Magpies_rule19 

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 4:57 am

I think that what everyone has said so far is what makes good supporters, no collingwood supporter has put Anthony or any other collingwood player down, they all did their best and as for Rocca, well its not everyday you see a player from that far away even make the distance. Rocca was well held and full credit goes to who ever was on him(i think Darrel Waklin).
I think that one thing that really made collingwood feel like it wasnt even a game was that they had no supporters, and it doesnt help when you get boo'd. Come on Magpie fan lets go and watch the pies at colonial on Saturday at lets cheer hard, and lets not give up on them...........Watch out Sydney the pies arent done with yet!
Go Pies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and lets just hope that Josh,Nick and shane recover from injures From the weekend 

molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 12:08 pm

How many Magpie supporters were in the crowd?

I did hear a few when we kicked a goal but in actual fact the whole crowd seemed a little down on energy.

I WILL ALWAYS LOVE THOSE MAGPIES!!!!!!!!!!

Jarrod Molloy RULES!!!!
*2002 Joint V.C*
Lisey_JarrodMolloyrox 

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 1:45 pm

Yeah he is not to blame. It was a team loss. Just because he didn't kick it didn't mean we played bad from then on. Because we couldn't of as it was the last shot at goal. So before then it was the team who was losing it for us. But i am not upset as we played good and just lost it and that is not Anthony's fault! So come on Pies and kill the Swans!

Love always, Alyssa xoxo
*~LiSeY~*
*~Molloy is my baby and nobody else's! lol~*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: