Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

My First Post, Regarding Last Night

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wimmey Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 4:32 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

TWO POINTS IS WAY BETTER THAN NO POINTS.........

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 4:55 am

great post blahzey - welcome to the BB. agree with most of your points.

re: the josh incident, I think if a knee is used in a clearly dangerous situation it should definitely be cited, for instance, french's knee could have been directed at the head or throat, which would have been much worse.

spot on about c'wood's ability to adapt. it's great coaching but it's also the ability of the players to follow the instructions. in years past, with such a change in the playing structure during a match, the pies would have been thrashed by a huge margin. the fact that they stayed in the match up until the last few minutes is testament to the grit and tenacity of this team. in fact, in all bar 2 games this year, the pies have always been in a winning position right until the end. pity we couldn't stop the bald prick - francou - in the last few centre bounces in the last qtr. I wish someone would put some tacks under his advanced hair toupee, or something

due credit must be given to the stunning one, STONE COLD STUNNER MEAN BOY STEVIE MCKEE, who along with tarks was clearly BOG for mine. this bloke has been derided, bagged, chastised, abused, and written off as no good from us pie fans, and myself included. but against port, he won many tap outs against the much bigger primus, and actually got a few centre clearances off his own boot. and stone cold also iced that goal in the last. WELL DONE STUNNER! how can you not like a mug like this

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797

[This message has been edited by junkboy75 (edited 26 May 2002).]
Black_White 

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 5:22 am

Ed, i have to agree with Mike re: ABC broadcast.
I was listening to facilitate a text "commentary" for the Virtual Outer.
To say that the call was biased is an understatement. Then to listen to pre-match on 774 Sat arvo, and have several people ringing in saying how biased Eds call on 9 was, and how right holier than thou Tim was to leave 9 only added insult to injury.
As for your comment on the window being opened, well the window was open for saturdays match in front of the Melbourne members and yet I could ALWAYS hear and understand what was happening. And have never had a problem with the Melbourne ABC broadcasts, though Drew is a disgrace.
Several times the SA ABC crew called the wrong Pies player, even though I could clearly see the numbers on the TV screen. They even called MCG once when a big number 26 was splashed across the screen, disgusting and showed us no respect at all.

-Craig

Magpies_rule19 

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 6:45 am

I totally agree with everything you said, and i think to myself
all the time about umpires(and their mistakes), and i think well what if they did that and what if they did this?
But you cant turn back time we just have to move on a worry about
the next game!!!
Lets go Pies

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 7:52 am

Hey fellas the reason that I made my comment about ROCCA was....He kicks a 60 metre right thru the big sticks when it was needed most,but what happens when the game could have been TIED,he kicks a point.
I have no gripes about it,BUT as I said 2 points could be the difference between to final 4 and out.
No London Dave,things havent changed in Sin City,but I live 50 klm from there and out here and we are CLEAN.
Yeh I took my pills Dr.Alf,but have a look at the replay again if you can.
As far as the ABC commentators are concerned,one of them constantly stated that the PIES will loose by a mile,but when PORT cheated which was most of the game,this commentator was constantly putting the PIES down.
Its a pity that we cant get 3AW in Sydney,only the Government biased ABC

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Blahzey 

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 8:15 am

I wouldn't say that Port cheated, I don't think there's really any conventional way you can cheat in a game of football, basically my stance on it is that there were a few questionable calls by the umpire, and a few specific ones that are extremely detrimental when a game is as close as it was Friday night.

As for Rocca missing on purpose, I must disagree there, as wimmey stated above, 2 points is better than no points. Plus, it was obvious that Pebbles was disappointed (I'd go as far as sayin heart broken) at the outcome. What he has to realise is that whilst the Collingwood fans and team were disappointed with the outcome, we weren't disappointed with him, or any of our players for that matter, in fact, I think I speak for everyone here when I say we're all extremely proud of our team's efforts.

Rocca was double teamed for the majority of the night, which is a testament to how well he's improved his game this year. It's great to see him stringing 4 quarters of solid football together week in and week out, he really has imprvoed his stamina considerably.

It's going to be a great year people, we're the real deal, and Sydney are about to become well aware of that fact next Saturday.

Blahzey

clokeforever34 

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 8:21 am

ARE YOU SIGNED UP BLAHZEY!!!!!!!!!??????????????????

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 8:35 am

Let's not start this again.

Membership is important to the Club, that's beyond dispute, but taking membership is an individual decision based on many factors, but in particular, available funds.

Promote membership by all means, it's our duty, but let's not question or attack an individuals freedom to make his/her own decision.

paulie 

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 11:08 am

Just a small idea on membership.I have an 11 game Collingwood membership and have an Cheer Squad Membership this season something I haven"t had since I was a kid.I also have started following the Melbourne Strom but as i would always go to a Collingwood game in front of a Strom game I only have a 6 game membership.I was wondering if the Collingwood could perhaps consider similar three or six game Memberships for people who are low on funds or because of other commitments can only attend a few home games.Just an Idea.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: