Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

I hope they havent come back!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lisey_JarrodMolloyrox 

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 12:36 pm
Post subject: I hope they havent come back!Reply with quote

To all those sooks that said they were quitting Collingwood and ripping their memberships after losing to Carlton well don't start coming back! We may be having victory and glory but we don't want any of you sooks only supporting us when we win! Winning is fantastic but look you have to lose sometime! So stay with your new crappy team and have fun watching us win the Grand Final!!
Love always,
Alyssa xoxo

*~LiSeY~*
I Love Jarrod, He's The Best, He's the best player in the black and white vest!!!

clokeforever34 

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 1:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

your dam write kristen we only want supporters who stick with our club and arent BANDWAGONERS

DONT YOU TRY AND GET BACK ON THAT WAGON!!!!!!!!!

Lisey_JarrodMolloyrox 

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 1:16 pm

My name's Alyssa, lol!
Love always,
Alyssa xoxo

*~LiSeY~*
I Love Jarrod, He's The Best, He's the best player in the black and white vest!!!

clokeforever34 

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 1:22 pm

sorry about that im pretty dum.

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 3:58 pm

The good thing is that all the people who threw away their membership tickets will have to buy new ones to get back on the bandwagon. And this means more $$$$$ for The Club.

I got the sulks during that Carlton game (that first quarter was the WORST display I've ever seen from a Collingwood side) and I nearly walked out at quarter time. But I got over it by the start of the second half. And I never considered throwing away my membership ticket.

But that night was probably the lowest point of my career as a Collingwood supporter. I think a lot of us had our faith sorely tested. There were arguments and ill-feeling breaking out everywhere and I definitely went through a few days of wondering why the f**k I ever got involved with football and with Collingwood in particular.

I just hope all the old hatred and bickering doesn't flare up when we (inevitably) drop a game or two. It's not the losing, as such, that is depressing. It's the effect it has on us. The way we turn against each other. It's very sad.

We really are terrible losers. And before you all get defensive about this, I admit that I'm probably the worst.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
paulie 

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 7:09 am

Well said DR ALF well said indeed.The filth game was definately a low point for us all as it was a big build up during the week that we were going to destroy the filth.I know my feelings pre season were that unlike recent years we would start slowly.Due to a number of players being injured or underdone.I was hoping we would go into the ANZAC game at about 2-2 at best.This was done despite some players being injured preseason.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 7:17 am

I have been through to many hard times to EVER consider ripping up my membership ticket. I have seen a few hundred point drubbing in my times as a Collingwood supporter. However i think the Carlton game hurt a lot more for the following reasons.

1. I believed at that time we had the makings of a top 4 team

2. We gave Carlton the game through silly turnovers

3. The fact that it was Carlton who beat us

I dont mind if the bandwagon supporters come back as the more supporters we have the better. HOWEVER it will be a cold day in hell if they get finals tickets/ grand finals tickets before i do as i have done the hard yards in the cold/ rain etc etc and i wanna see my glorious magpies in full flight.

jlc

I am the game, you don't wanna play me
I am control, no way you can change me
I am have heavy debts, no way you can pay me
I am the pain, and I know you can't take me

Look over your shoulder, ready to run
Like a good little bitch, from a smoking gun
I am the game, and I make the rules
So move on out, and you can die like a fool
Play the game, you're gonna be the same
You're gonna change your name, you're gonna die in flames
Hahahahaha
Time to play the game!
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 7:38 am

The Carlton(sorry the filth) game brought back memorys of 1999!.

At least the filth game only lasted a week, 1999 felt like it would never end, but I never gave up on the magpies because I knew one day no matter how long it took that the magpies would start climbing up that ladder and long suffering magpie supporters will have the last laugh.

GO THE MIGHTY 2002 MAGPIES!!!!!!!!!!

Jarrod Molloy RULES!!!!
*2002 Joint V.C*
paulie 

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 7:57 am

Also for an oldtimer like me it brought back memories of 1982 losing to Melbourne at the M.C.G.I can remember bloody Jacko kicking the winning goal we lost be ten points.Then T_Shirt Tommy got the sack.

MarkT 

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 7:58 am

I hope they all come back (if they really left in the first place, which I doubt). I hope they bring thousands of mates as well - even the fickle ones.

I would much rather have 1mil supporters and 35,000 loyal members than 40,000 loyal members and 500,000 supporters. It's not all about members and it's not even all about loyalty.

Marketing revenue is all important to survival and particularly success. Marketing revenue depends on ratings and attendances. We need strong TV support as well as game day attendances to maintain our position as the most valuable jumper in the comp.

I have never subscribed to the view that unless you are a member you aren't very important/needed. Likewise, without the more fickle supporters there would be no pick up in following when we are winning. The huge Collingwood bandwagon is our most valuable asset. It is the difference between holding our own when we are down like we have been and setting new unprecedented heights of earning and performance like we are about to see.

I am not saying I condone the sort of stuff we saw in Sydney on the weekend but that's their version not ours.

Make no mistake about it. The bandwagon will be big and it will be strong. It will also be the thing that proves just how huge we are to TV, sponsors, the AFL and the opposition.

Welcome to all aboard the bandwagon. I hope you find the ride so enjoyable you never get off. If you do, you are welcome back next time. We will hold the fort for you, as we always have.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: