Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

WE OWN COLONIAL!!!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 6:08 pm
Post subject: WE OWN COLONIAL!!!!!Reply with quote

How BRILLIANT was the match tonight!!!
The stadium was full on rocking tonight, i reckon the loudest its been in absolutely ages, probably ever in its rather short history.
To read during the week comments by leigh matthews that Colonial was Brisbane's home away from home and they were very comfortable there... then to play a nearly full strength Brisbane side and kick their maroon and gold butts all the way back to queensland.
SENSATIONAL!!!!!
I cant wait to read all the reports now from those journos who doubted and questioned us during the week and see what type of suck job they'll be up to now. YOU LITTLE RIPPER PIES!!!!!
A real team performance. They played their hearts out all night and finally came through. Well done Woodies! Keep it going!!!

Hiya-and-Higher 

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 7:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough Fast Balanced and Skilled!!! And we're just going to get better and better. The best game I've seen this year by far for 4 quarter intensity and individual skills. We got the goods. What I love best is that we are a physically powerful team. No one is going to push us around.

Lisey_JarrodMolloyrox 

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 6:14 am

Absolutely fantastic game! I swear after the 20 minute mark of the 4th quarter i was on the edge of my seat with my heart in my mouth! It was very scary! I have never in my life heard the crowd as loud as it was last night! Bellowing out the song was the best! Especially when the woods were singing it in their locker room and the crowd outside was singing it with them even though there was no music! That is what true supporters are!
See you in September Brisbane!!!!!! We'll be waiting for ya!
Love always,
Alyssa xoxo

*~LiSeY~*
I Love Jarrod, He's The Best, He's the best player in the black and white vest!!!

Lisey_JarrodMolloyrox 

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 6:19 am

Oh i forgot to add that it was so beautiful when McGough was crying at the end of the match and all the players went up to him and rubbed his head and stuff! That was so beautiful! Fantastic to see some emotion throughout the players!
Love always,
Alyssa xoxo

*~LiSeY~*
I Love Jarrod, He's The Best, He's the best player in the black and white vest!!!

Black_White 

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 6:24 am

You're right Lisey. That scene with McGough would've had most Pie supporters shedding a tear.
I wonder what effect this match will have on players such as N.Davis? The comradary that will be built by such a stirring win, then the emotion of the after match with MCG, plus the crowd involvment, must show that being a magpie for life is the only option.

-Craig

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 11:57 am

It was so fantastic seeing the emotion and camaraderie between the players. I think it was BT who said that having that kind of spirit in a team is like having another player out on the ground!

Hope Goughy's injury isn't serious and he's back soon - sounds like there's no boken bones so that's fantastic news. It really was heart-stirring stuff when the guys ran over to him after the siren.

And as for the Collingwood crowd - AWESOME STUFF! I don't know how much the players hear when they're focused on the match but I certainly had goose-bumps when the black and white army let loose! Definitely the best atmosphere I've ever experienced at Colonial.

I know we need to stick to the old cliches like taking one match at a time and there's still a long way to go this season BUT I'm REALLY going to enjoy the win this week!

GO PIES!
Marg

[This message has been edited by MargOZ (edited 19 May 2002).]
Hiya-and-Higher 

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 6:00 pm

I agree re the team feeling this success will bring. Those guys on the fringes would have to be crazy not to work their guts out to get into the Seniors and experience the sheer thrill of a successful Colling wood side.

A good thing for football MM said. And it's a great thing for football to have the Magpie Army on the march. I've said it before, but one of my pet hates is watching Port Power steal some thunder with their climb while we were lagging behind. I think we can show them now what POWER is all about!

Let's go getem!!!!

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 10:35 pm

i think it was Black_White who was wondering, as we all were, as to what effect a game such as saturday night would have on nick davis. well, it seems to have done the trick. nicky had already (although not yet with a signature) committed himself to staying at the pies but in an interview on sunday, he said it games like that were the reason he played footy and that with 'a crowd like that, i'd really like to stay.'

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 3:54 am

Re: Nick Davis - Collingwood? Sydney? NO COMPARISON!

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 4:57 am

NO-ONE will want to go to Sydney if Rocket Eade gets the sack. Sydney are 12 months away from mediocrity again - maybe they'll get "the Wizard", CAPPER out of retirement ala Lockett and Salmon. Bad times ahead for the Swannies.

McGuane gets the ball out of the centre -bounces, bounces, bounces, baulks, bounces, baulks, GOALLL!
iluvLONIE 

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 7:47 am

'Sniff Sniff',I agree. I almost had a tear in the old eye to. It was true collingwood spirit at the end of the game when all the guys went up to Goughy, I was so proud of them. Unfortunatly I couldnt make it on Saturday nite, but I watched it on t.v. The cheersquad sounded fantastic. The boys played soooo well and they should be very proud of themselves.
GOOOOOO THE PIES 4 EVA !!!!!!!

ohh the Ryan Lonie ohh the Ryan Lonie ohh the Ryan Lonie and thats what its all about

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 9:07 am

I must admit I'm a bigger fan of the MCG than Colonial but what I do like about it is that on Level 1 you can stomp your feet on the metal underneath and make a lot more noise and when you've got the members doing it as well as shouting like on saturday night makes for a lot a noise and atmosphere.

Fradam Wrote This
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 9:49 am

Question who are the biggest crowd pullers?

Well,if you listen to the radio commenatators on the ABC one with Lane,watson etc they were saying what the record crowd for colonial was and someone brought up the fact it was the british lions and of course the rest all said"looks like the lions are going to do it again on saturday night" well,all i can say to that is RUBBISH!!!!!!!!. Would they have got that much if they had played many other teams?? I would think not.

Then I heard Healy on fox footy show "on the coach" last night and he once again said that the brisbane lions sure can pull a crowd. Of course the other panelists didn't say anything. I can't believe the rubbish. I guess the journalists etc can't face the fact that there nightmares are coming true. THE MAGPIES ARE STARTING TO WIN AGAIN.

Wonder what they will say if we dare win again Port on friday?

Jarrod Molloy RULES!!!!
*2002 Joint V.C*
Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 10:14 am

The game may have involved the lions but 95% of the crowd on Friday would have been Collingwood. That was a Collingwood crowd! Fremantle could have been on top of the ladder and we still would have pulled that crowd. The fact that Brisbane were playing us was irrelevant.

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 10:31 am

yes that was the best game ive been 2 at colonihole too!!
the crowd was f*ckin rockin in the last Q. meanwhile we are all nearly having a heart attack!!
how good was it!! ESP cos everyone was bagging me the night b4 cos i picked us. well well, thats a tip to me!!
its good 2 finally be back on track 2 get respect back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: