Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

THE RECORD

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sem Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 3:12 pm
Post subject: THE RECORDReply with quote

THE PRICE OF GOING TO THE FOOTBALL IS EVER INCREASING BUTTTT THE PRICE OF THE FOOTBALL RECORD SEEMS TO BE GOING THROUGH THE ROOF . I DO NOT THINK THEY ARE SELLING AS MANY AS THEY USED TO[ DOES ANYONE KNOW YEARLY COMPARATIVE FIGURES ?].I BELIEVE THIS IS A HUGE PROFIT GENERATOR FOR THE A.F.L. BUT SURELY NOT AS BIG AS PREVIOUS YEARS .BUT I THINK THERE COMES A TIME WHEN BREAK EVEN POINT IS REACHED WHEN SALES DROP -PRICE TO HIGH . MAYBE BETTER TO MAKE IT LESS GLOSSY AND EVERYONE BUYS IT AS IT USED TO BE. THEN EVERYONE IS HAPPY .MASSIVE INCREASE IN SALES EQUALS BIGGER PROFITS WHICH IS DUE TO LOWER PROFIT PER MAGAZINE .

Bones 

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 3:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

And for those who wouldnt have the foggiest at how much it cost...

How much does it cost???

sem Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 3:26 pm

THE PRICE OF THE RECORD IS $3.00 .

Black_White 

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 4:48 pm

Gee, it was $2 for a long time, then i think $2:50, then the GST came and they seem to have settled on $3.
i do believe it's a lot bigger and glossier than it used to be.

-Craig

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 6:54 am

yeah i USED to buy it, then it became a big f*ckin RIPOFF so i stopped buying it.
and it was better b4 these glossy pages and that, it had more good content, now its full of ads and rubbish.

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 7:41 am

I couldn't agree more, CQ. I haven't bought a Footy Record for probably 5 or 6 years. It was full of crap even then. The only reason I would ever buy a Footy Record is so I can know which player is which. But I know the numbers of all the Collingwood players anyway ... and as for the opposition, who gives a four-n-twenty?

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 7:53 am

The last 'footy record' I brought was when Swans played Port 3 years ago here in Sydney.I have a copy of it and then it cost $2:50 and it was so far out of date,it wasnt even interesting to read.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 9:31 am

I buy the record only to give me something to read on the two hour trip home. If I lived in Melbourne I wouldn't buy it.

I think the AFL Records biggest problem is that it is too much like a magazine. I dont give a stuff about reading feature articles about players from 15 other clubs. What I wanna know is about the game today. More gameday relevant things need to be in the record.

Fradam Wrote This
jabso#5 

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 4:37 pm

They have cut alot of costs by just inserting a 10 page "game-day" section into the middle of the Record. It's more of a magazine, I always buy it mainly just because of the stats and the occasional Collingwood article.
That fricken Greg Hobbs never tips collingwood.. example
"Eagles in an upset: Magpies not quite at their best yet"
"Blues to bounce back: Form says pies but Carlton too classy"
"Hawks back in town: Battling Pies no match for Hawthorn"
"Bombers in Business: But expect pies to be tough"
"Bulldogs to win again: In-form Magpies face tougher test"
I dont have the St-Kilda one and I cannot find the richmond one but I think St Kilda is the only one where he tipped us.

Collingwood Football Club:
Greatest Sporting Club in the World.
1303 winsand counting...
Jabso's Player of the week Jason "The Wig" Cloke
Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 9:01 am

oh well, i take it greg hobbs isnt winning his footy timping comp. Actually i really dont care if they all tip against Collingwood and continue to do so for the rest of the year. I think its better coming in as the underdogs most times than the overwhelming favourites... at least it gives those people who like to bet better odds. Maybe we'll have some Collingwood millionaires at the end of the season after the some of the good odds on offer so far. Maybe i should take up gambling. nah, i'll just stick to laughing at guys like greg hobbs each week.

sem Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 3:15 pm

AT THE GAME AGN BRIS ONE PERSON NEXT TO ME HAD A "RECORD " AND VERY FEW OTHERS AROUND ME.WILL/ DOES THE A.F.L.MAKE IT PUBLIC HOW MANY THEY SELL.I HAVE BEEN GOING TO THE FOOTY FOR OVER 45 YEARS AND I AM NOT AGAINST PROGRESS BUT IN THE END THE GAME SHOULD BE THE PEOPLES GAME . I DO UNDERSTAND THAT CLUBS NEED MORE $$$$ TO SURVIVE AS THE GAME BECOMES MORE PROFFESSIONAL.IT IS THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE KEPT THE GAME GOING TILL NOW HOWEVER IN EUROPE AS MEDIA COMPANIES FOLD WITH THE HEAVY BURDEN THEY HAVE PAID FOR TELEVISION RIGHTS[HOW MANY CLUBS NEED MEDIA $$$ ] DO NOT THINK THIS COULD NOT HAPPEN HERE AND IF IT DOES IT MAY NOT BE THE SAINTS THE BULLYS THE DEMONS THAT ARE THE ONLY ONES TO FEEL THE $$$$ PRESSURE.DO YOU THINK PACKER WILL PAY IF THE RETURN IN $$$ is not forthcoming
MY POINT IS DO NOT FORGET WHO HAS PAID FOR THE GAME TILL NOW THE PEOPLE . THE A.F.L. HAS TO GIVE THE PEOPLE A CHEAPER FOOTBALL RECORD THE A.F.L.HAS TO LOOK AFTER THE PEOPLE AS BUSINESS AND TELEVISION BEGIN TO FEEL THE PINCH OF INCREASING INTEREST RATES AND ADVERTISING SPENDING DECREASES.
THE PEOPLE WERE THERE ARE THERE AND WILL BE THERE.YEARS AGO FATHERS TOOK THEIR KIDS TO A GAME ,CAN THE SAME PEOPLE STILL TAKE THEIR KIDS OR IS IT NOW JUST FOR THE CORPORATE BOYS TO HAVE A PISS UP.
A.F.L. BEFORE THE FINAL SIREN RINGS THINK OF WHO YOU REALLY NEED ? THE PEOPLE. A.F.L.understand that PROGRESS IS NOT ALWAYS THE ANSWER IF FAILURE RESULTS.

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 9:12 am

Someone tell Greg Hobbs to keep tipping against us coz every week he does it and every week we win.

Fradam Wrote This
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: