Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

It only took two days ...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

nomadjack wrote:
Are you worried that the compensation claims are going to eat up all the welfare revenue and there won't be enough left over for you, you pair of useless bigoted pissants.

I wish I had said that Wink

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:19 pm

hoggy wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Hope He Does Not get it Evil or Very Mad

Would you not want money if it were found that you were stolen from your folks and never be allowed to see them again?

What For?

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:20 pm

Bucks5 wrote:
This was in Wednesday's paper (The Age)

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/push-for-sorry-cash/2008/02/13/1202760380240.html

Leaders push for 'sorry' compensation

February 13, 2008 - 5:05PM

Aboriginal leader Patrick Dodson has urged the Federal Government to follow today's apology with compensation for the stolen generations.

The Answer will be a big NO!!!!

Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:25 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
They will just use it on Boo's

Maybe that's something the AFL could look at to increase their coffers - charge everyone extra if they want to boo!

Hooked
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:28 pm

Dale61 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Maybe that's something the AFL could look at to increase their coffers - charge everyone extra if they want to boo!

I meant alcohol

Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:35 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Dale61 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

I meant alcohol

And who would sell them the alcohol DTM?

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:50 pm

Frank Stone wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Dale61 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

I meant alcohol

Don't Be Stupid Evil or Very Mad

Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:54 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Frank Stone wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Dale61 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

I meant alcohol

Don't Be Stupid Evil or Very Mad

Agreed

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:19 pm

I don't have any problem with people filing compensation claims if they feel they have been done wrong, and being unjustly taken from your family would certainly fall under that category.

However, I guess we've got to hope that each case is judged fairly. For example, I have learned in recent weeks that there may well have been concentrated efforts to remove Aboriginal children as an attempt at social engineering - around the 1930s, if my memory is correct? But then we hear that children were removed from their parents up until the 1970s. Now, I find it hard to believe that all these removals were actually directly related to a policy that, by the 1970s, surely would have been horribly outdated. After all, Aborigines had citizenship status by the early 60s, didn't they?

So, is it possible that this guy who Dale's article refers to was actually removed from his parents (in the mid 1960s, seeing as the guy is now in his mid-40s) as an act of child welfare? And if so, should he be entitled to compensation?

btw, none of these questions are rhetorical, so any answers would be appreciated.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:22 pm

As a descendant of a Stolen Generation I will not be seeking compensation for the grounds I have not been affected. My late Grandmother should have been able to sue as far as I am concerned. Taken by a white family as the mother could not have children so they decided under the Social employee at the time that the child would be in better hands as the parents are white not black. They took her as she was a half cast and would not stand out s much. If your child was taken from you now by the Government you would sue as it is your right. Just because you are Indigenous it does not mean you have fewer rights. Each case should be handled individually and treated as such. No amount of money will make up for the pain and whilst the spin coming out of certain people it’s all about money I never saw these same people jump up and down when we had compensation hearings for victims of the Granville train disaster. That was for pain and suffering and no one said word. The same thing when we had sailors suing over the Voyager disaster and it took them decades to receive compensation and no one said a word against them. All of a sudden we have the black man wanting compensation and it’s oh no that cannot happen.

Whilst you could say some of these people will just piss the money away we could say the same for many a white man that has received a payout.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:29 pm

Culprit wrote:
As a descendant of a Stolen Generation I will not be seeking compensation for the grounds I have not been affected. My late Grandmother should have been able to sue as far as I am concerned. Taken by a white family as the mother could not have children so they decided under the Social employee at the time that the child would be in better hands as the parents are white not black. They took her as she was a half cast and would not stand out s much. If your child was taken from you now by the Government you would sue as it is your right. Just because you are Indigenous it does not mean you have fewer rights. Each case should be handled individually and treated as such. No amount of money will make up for the pain and whilst the spin coming out of certain people it’s all about money I never saw these same people jump up and down when we had compensation hearings for victims of the Granville train disaster. That was for pain and suffering and no one said word. The same thing when we had sailors suing over the Voyager disaster and it took them decades to receive compensation and no one said a word against them. All of a sudden we have the black man wanting compensation and it’s oh no that cannot happen.

Whilst you could say some of these people will just piss the money away we could say the same for many a white man that has received a payout.

Would it be more than Criminal Case than civil?

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:36 pm

I should have added the social officer overseeing aboriginals in the area signed off on it and made it legal. It was the Governments way to eradicate the evil they saw as being black, Breed em out.

It's civil Dave but I am not interested. I have not even claimed what I am entitled too under legistlation and there are many like me but we don't make the news.

Last edited by Culprit on Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:42 pm

David wrote:
I don't have any problem with people filing compensation claims if they feel they have been done wrong, and being unjustly taken from your family would certainly fall under that category.

However, I guess we've got to hope that each case is judged fairly. For example, I have learned in recent weeks that there may well have been concentrated efforts to remove Aboriginal children as an attempt at social engineering - around the 1930s, if my memory is correct? But then we hear that children were removed from their parents up until the 1970s. Now, I find it hard to believe that all these removals were actually directly related to a policy that, by the 1970s, surely would have been horribly outdated. After all, Aborigines had citizenship status by the early 60s, didn't they?

So, is it possible that this guy who Dale's article refers to was actually removed from his parents (in the mid 1960s, seeing as the guy is now in his mid-40s) as an act of child welfare? And if so, should he be entitled to compensation?

btw, none of these questions are rhetorical, so any answers would be appreciated.

Why not go and read "The Bringing Then Home" report.
It explains it all in detail

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:44 pm

Frank Stone wrote:
David wrote:

Why not go and read "The Bringing Then Home" report.
It explains it all in detail

Where would I find it?

member34258 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:51 pm

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/special/rsjproject/rsjlibrary/hreoc/stolen/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: