Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Help DESPERATELY needed from anyone with knowledge of Alice

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rosewall Woman 1 

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 1:36 pm
Post subject: Help DESPERATELY needed from anyone with knowledge of AliceReply with quote

Work commitments are taking me to Alice Springs for the next two rounds and I am already getting the anticipatory footy withdrawal twitches and tics.

I very, very, very, very badly NEED to see the footy.

I'm desperately hoping there is someone on the board with insider info re where (if anywhere) I can see, hear etc the next two HUGE games.

Dunno if I'll have access to pay TV (but would travel to a pub or similiar), definitely won't have internet access (OH MY GAWD the awful reality is only now beginning to dawn on me)

But in my favour I am prepared to travel (taxi distance), sell several internal organs (spleens, who needs 'em?), stay up til the wee small or do anything else within reason to see the boys in action.

Can anyone help me???? I fly out on Friday morning.

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 7:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

hiya rosewall woman
i live here in darwin and regret to say im yet to visit the alice but the whole northern territory takes its tv from a mix of SA and QLD scheduling. that means we obvioulsy get a lot of that crap rugby league but a reasonable spattering of footy. i know in darwin (so i assume also alice) pies v brissy will be shown on CH 8 (a mix of 9 and 10, much like WIN for those who know it)at 7.30pm on saturday night. just about any pub should thereofore have it on. the following game is in adelaide isnt it? well, if you cant nip down to watch it live you might be in a bit of strife. im not sure if a single adelaide game(port or crows) has been shown in darwin this season on free to air(by that i mean games played in adelaide. however alice has a remote tv service that darwin doesnt called 'imparja' which is usually quite good at showing games not shown on the main stations. it may just mean having to watch it at midnight or something. having said all that i realise im not being all that helpful. grab a copy of the local rag when you get there for the tv guide. just about any pub should show any game being televised and most would have pay tv. hope you have some luck.

Magpie_Dan Taurus

The KING And I

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 3:11 am

Well I dont know about Alice Springs, but Darrel White will be down to play us this weekend so you can ask him. He is from there!

Go The Pies!

Dan

Go The Pies!

Go The Richo!

UNLEASH THE VL TURBO!

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 5:03 am

Mmm, willing to catch a taxi, hey. Well in that case, if you hail the taxi, say early Thursday morning you could probably make Colonial, for the kickoff at 7:30 Saturday night. The bonus being, the taxi driver is unlikely to get another fare back to Alice, so will more than likely hang around until the end of the game, and grab your fare back to Alice. Should arrive home Monday morning, if you chip in with a bit of the driving.

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 7:38 am

Rosewall woman! I have sent you an email to your address....I had to do the same thing and the web site that I have given you will help you out immensley.
Good luck with it.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Rosewall Woman 1 

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 1:04 pm

Thanks folks, appreciate the help. That taxi trip to melb is a tempting option I have to say.

here's hoping the boys can surprise a few punters, cheer loudly on behalf won't you?

RW1

Broadie 

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 6:10 am

I used to live there (6 years ago - but friends up there say very little has changed).

Your best bet would be to go to FEDERAL FOOTBALL CLUB and watch it on their large screen, presuming the game is a broadcast on IMPARJA (the amalgam of other stations) or CH 10 (gets the QLD broadcast in Alice). The FFC club is on the road (I can't even remember the name anymore!) near the Todd Tavern that then crosses the riverbed. It's about a 5 minute walk from the Todd Tavern straight up the road on the right hand side, though you may not want to walk it on a Sat night.

If you're staying in a hotel it will probably be on the regular TV.

Good luck!

(and make sure you take some time to visit the West McDonnell ranges, especially the water holes - but don't swim in them...people drown because of cramping as the water is so cold in winter, despite the temparate daytime climate. Panorama Guth, in the centre of town is also worth a visit, as is the Strehlow Centre out on Larapinta Drive. Make sure you go up ANZAC Hill for great views of the town)

Broadie
Rosewall Woman 1 

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 7:38 am

Thanks again, tv options and a tour guide. Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: