Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rascim is Okay in Cricket - Singh is Off

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jock McPie wrote:
[quote="Dave The Man"][quote="eddiesmith"][quote="Dave The Man"][quote="Jock McPie"][quote="Dave The Man"][quote="Dr Pie"]The difficulty in this debate is that everyone has taken sides and rather misses the fact that everyone is in the wrong here.

Symons behaved like a Goose by having a go at Singh over a friendly gesture he made towards Lee.

Singh's response to Symons was either a racist comment in English or a an extremely offensive (sexist) comment in Hindi.

Ponting was required to make a complaint by the terms agreed to by the players and the ICC but given past sledging (albeit non-racist sledging) by the Australians and Ponting himself in the past, the complaint from Ponting did not sit well with other cricketers and sports journalists.

The BCCI and the some Indian cricketers defended Harbijhan Singh on the basis the Indians cannot be racists. LOL, what do they think the caste system is?

The BCCI used the economically powerful position of Indian cricket to blackmail the ICC into specific terms of appeal and virtually into downgrading the charges.

Cricket Australia, after allowing offensive sledging for more than twenty years, suddenly was not prepared to defend their own players when they had been offensively sledged...and effectively caved in to Indian blackmail.

The ICC could not even give Judge Hanson accurate records of previous charges against Singh.

I can't see anyone or any institution that emerges with credit from the affair.[/quote]

Yeah Everyone Looks like an Idiot but Sledging in All Sports have been going on since sport started, It's to know what the Line is and Singh Crossed the Line Evil or Very Mad[/quote]

get off your pedastal fella. do the aussies know what this line looks like?[/quote]

Get of your Moral High Horse, Has there been any to the Tribunal lately
[b][color=red][size=24][align=center]NO[/align][/size][/color][/b][/quote]

Wow so because Singh got sent to the tribunal and was found not guilty he is guilty but seeing as no one has whinged about the Aussies they must be perfect little angels?[/quote]

Aussies are not Angels but they know where the Line is, Singh has No Idea he has been 5 Times to the Tribunal[/quote]

they know where the line is cos they see it every time they cross it.
You know what you do when you assume!
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:05 pm

Zakal wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
What a joke!

Singh claiming he didn't call Roy a monkey - really your honour it was a different term of abuse in my own language - all perfectly innocent with no racism or disrespect intended - reminds of Bill Clinton - " I did not have sexual relations with that woman" - please Rolling Eyes

There are many individual Aussies who are racist - but by hell as a race we are light weights in comparison to many - anyone who suggests otherwise should travel o/s and experience "true" indoctrinated racism alive and well in many cultures

We ain't perfect - far from it - but we ain't all good ole boy red necks either - critiscm and sceptiscim where it is deserved - regardless of colour - sick of the racism card every time we disagree with the actions or behaviour of other from a different race or creed

Bloody good job Gus - doubt I would have been as well behaved as you confronted with the appalling behaviour of the Indians Evil or Very Mad

Has the experience of AFL not taught us - the vilification is how the "victim" feels about the taunt - now somehow Roy is the villian pfffttt!!!

Oh AND damn I hope we smash em on fri nite!!

I disagree susan lets all remember the race riots of Cronulla a few years ago..it's alive in this country and simmering simmering very slowly ready to explode.

Would we have the same scenario happening if the Indians were white and didn't eat curry ?
Of course not ! this is an issue about the white man's false belief he has supremacy over everything and anything black.
To believe it any other way is absolute folly!
The black man has one up on the white man and boy oh boy aint it creating a stink! Wink

Im afraid i have to disagree Joffa, except with regards the Cronulla race riots indicating there is still racism in this country. Disgusting affair, and disgusting behaviour by BOTH sides.

This is not an issue of black vs white, there are only a few people making that assertion, you being one of them.

Firstly, most indians are not black, they are indians. A distinction reinforced quite emphatically in Rushdie's Midnight's Children.

Secondly, Symonds is hardly white.

So the very notion that its a matter of black vs white is absurd as a matter of course. Racism isnt always black and white (hoho sorry, bad pun completely intended). and believe it or not, its not only this elusive "white man" who can be guilty of it.

Agree 100%
What i was referring to was the aftermath in the burbs
cheers

Zakal 

One Game, One Club, One Jumper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:08 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Damn Zakal, there you go again, bringing logic into the argument. Wink

With the bringing up prior records, another thing of interest that was not bought up was that Singh recieved a suspended 1 match ban for dissent. I don't know what the expiry period was on the suspension, but I'd say it's pretty relevant.

Joffa, you certainlyhave a habit of seeing things in a black and white way (pun intended too) but that's not always the way things work. Blam and White are usually the more extreme ends of an argument, in the middle are various shades of grey.

....unless it involves Collingwood, in which case its black and white all the way!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:12 pm

^
No disagreement there Zakal. Wink

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:19 pm

Joffa, I am against violence in most circumstances. If you have travelled to India you would know that is what they understand. Courts? You crash into someone over there it's mob mentality if they think you are in the wrong you are dead. If Symonds beat the crap out of him for offending his honour he would be king. It's their culture.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:22 pm

Culprit wrote:
Joffa, I am against violence in most circumstances. If you have travelled to India you would know that is what they understand. Courts? You crash into someone over there it's mob mentality if they think you are in the wrong you are dead. If Symonds beat the crap out of him for offending his honour he would be king. It's their culture.

LOL when i meet ya in the Hasset room i'll be sure i wear a motorbike helmet for protection LOL Shocked
I do respect your comments mate only on the basis you've been over there and i havn't.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:08 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Wow so because Singh got sent to the tribunal and was found not guilty he is guilty but seeing as no one has whinged about the Aussies they must be perfect little angels?

Once a case is proven then they should be brought up on charges and dealt with, I am all for sledging, I mean playing footy I stuffed around with a few mates and they did me. But there is a line when you start racial slurs, that's a line that should never be crossed, regardless of what your race is or your country.

I've viewed this whole thing as a cricketer supporter, not a supporter of Australia as I know there are many that have sledged in the past, and for all I know they haven't made a racist remark, as no one has ever claimed they have.

It was obvious when watching the test match that Singh had said something he should not have as he was quickly looking to say sorry, but whatever the case he has been cleared and that's that.

I am just disappointed that the Indians were ready to call off their tour if they didn't get their way in this case. They should have just appealed and lived with what was given to him if he was not cleared.

And just so you know, the shoe would not be on the other foot if the Aussies did the same, I'd be pissed off more if they decided to cancel the remainder of their tour because of something like this.

If you can't do the time, you shouldn't do the crime, I hope Singh thinks of that before crossing the line with a sledge. Maybe he'll re-think a way to piss off the Aussies next time. Wink

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:02 pm

Hmmm having been to London time 6 or 7 times - I thank the good Lord for the Indians ability to cook curry - cause let me tell ya - there is f*ck all else decent to eat there Wink (that won't cost a Tattslotto win to pay for it)

Shocked Bloody hell - does that make me a curry muncher???
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:07 pm

Morrigu wrote:
Hmmm having been to London time 6 or 7 times - I thank the good Lord for the Indians ability to cook curry - cause let me tell ya - there is f*ck all else decent to eat there Wink (that won't cost a Tattslotto win to pay for it)

LOL yes Wink

Zakal 

One Game, One Club, One Jumper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:12 pm

Morrigu wrote:

Could be worse, you could be an inhabitant of Nippon. Wink
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:14 pm

Morrigu wrote:

Oh sorry, but im not up with all this computer jargon so can you explain to moi what f*ck is ? Shocked

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:23 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
Morrigu wrote:

Oh sorry, but im not up with all this computer jargon so can you explain to moi what f*ck is ? Shocked

Yes certainly - used in this context it means - not a morsel, not a scrap, not enough to feed a budgie, insufficient quantity - does that help Laughing
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:32 pm

Morrigu wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
Morrigu wrote:

Yes certainly - used in this context it means - not a morsel, not a scrap, not enough to feed a budgie, insufficient quantity - does that help Laughing

LOL mmm ok then Cool

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:26 am

sherrife wrote:
I swear Culprit you seem to have a split personality. Sometimes you're really leftwing, and then other times you're a bloody lunatic...

you know, the two things don't have to be mutually exclusive... Wink

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:31 am

Any One going tonight?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13   

Jump to: