Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

South Africa photo gallery: day 3

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:09 pm
Post subject: South Africa photo gallery: day 3Reply with quote

Some Pics of Wood and Reed

http://collingwoodfc.com.au/tabid/5586/News/NewsArticle/Default.aspx?newsId=54759

GlovemanGayfer Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:56 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,
you should have called this the OMG Brodie is massive! Check out the last photo on this link all, it's clear that Brodie has been in the gym even more than usual.
Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:27 am

GlovemanGayfer wrote:
Dave,
you should have called this the OMG Brodie is massive! Check out the last photo on this link all, it's clear that Brodie has been in the gym even more than usual.

That pic of Brodie is fantastic. He can be a tough player at times and the injuries and suspension last year ended it before it started. Brodie could be in for one hell of a year in 2008, even if alot of people don't seem to rate him anymore.

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:22 am

Brodie bulking up like that will affect his playing in a bad way I feel. I bet the guy will struggle to raise his arms over his head and he would have lost more speed and agility.
Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:40 am

Bucks5 wrote:
Brodie bulking up like that will affect his playing in a bad way I feel. I bet the guy will struggle to raise his arms over his head and he would have lost more speed and agility.

Yep, look at what it did to people like Judd, Cousins, Kouta, Bucks, McPhee etc.
All massive specimens and not one of them can/could play good footy.

loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:56 am

Bucks5 wrote:
he would have lost more speed and agility.

Thats one of the biggest myths in footy, weight training actually improves speed look at champion sprinters those guys dwarf brodie and do weights to improve explosiveness.
Agility he shouldn't lose too much (if any) with all the stretching and aerobic work they do, don't mix bulking up with getting fat big.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:58 am

I only hear that type of response less than five percent of the time. I do not understand.
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:15 am

Frank Stone wrote:
Bucks5 wrote:

Yep, look at what it did to people like Judd, Cousins, Kouta, Bucks, McPhee etc.

Brodie is a lot more stockier than all of those guys. Having huge guns did heaps for Tarrant, didn't it?

ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:16 am

loki04 wrote:
Bucks5 wrote:
he would have lost more speed and agility.

Thats one of the biggest myths in footy, weight training actually improves speed look at champion sprinters those guys dwarf brodie and do weights to improve explosiveness.
Agility he shouldn't lose too much (if any) with all the stretching and aerobic work they do, don't mix bulking up with getting fat big.

correct

i wouldnt worry about something like that.
they are all looking in good nick
Zakal 

One Game, One Club, One Jumper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:34 pm

Frank Stone wrote:
Bucks5 wrote:

There is a difference between sheer bulk and mere muscle definition. I would hardly call Judd or Cousins (or McPhee) a tank. Kouta was enormous largely due to his height, and given his entire career was ruined by knee problems im not sure he's the best example of how to condition your body for footy.

Bucks on the other hand was tank, and bulking up to that 95kg mark actually helped his style of play quite a bit i reckon. Brodes should be fine too if his agility is still in tact as it will allow him to apply a heaver and more physical tag, and thats the kind of player we missed last year.
Steamroller Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:43 pm

I think it's great that Brodie is getting huge - maybe next time he comes off the line and tries to take out an opposition key player they won't get up, go forward and kick multiple goals in a match winning display like Montgomery vs Bulldogs 2 years ago. I think we should save him for Gary Jnr.
Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:58 pm

Zakal wrote:
Frank Stone wrote:
Bucks5 wrote:

There is a difference between sheer bulk and mere muscle definition. I would hardly call Judd or Cousins (or McPhee) a tank. Kouta was enormous largely due to his height, and given his entire career was ruined by knee problems im not sure he's the best example of how to condition your body for footy.

Bucks on the other hand was tank, and bulking up to that 95kg mark actually helped his style of play quite a bit i reckon. Brodes should be fine too if his agility is still in tact as it will allow him to apply a heaver and more physical tag, and thats the kind of player we missed last year.

Thanks for agreeing with me.
And I agree with you, Brodie is not a tank, so based on your points, it should be a huge assistance to him.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:13 pm

CrazyAboutDaisy wrote:
Yobbo^LuKa wrote:
GlovemanGayfer wrote:
Dave,

That pic of Brodie is fantastic. He can be a tough player at times and the injuries and suspension last year ended it before it started. Brodie could be in for one hell of a year in 2008, even if alot of people don't seem to rate him anymore.

He has to have a hell of a year or his career at Collingwood is over!

He Sure Does, Kids have Passed Him and if he does not have a big year then it's GoodBye Brodie

Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:59 pm

Brodie's adding muscle? Please no, he is big enough as it is. Needs greater pace/agility.
Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:34 pm

Johnson#26 wrote:
Brodie's adding muscle? Please no, he is big enough as it is. Needs greater pace/agility.

Will someone explain to me how the muscle that Brodie has added will stop him from being agile or quick?

Carl Lewis anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: