Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Hooray for religion!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
member34258 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:26 am
Post subject: Hooray for religion!Reply with quote

It cracks me up.
http://duggmirror.com/comedy/100_Greatest_Quotes_from_fundamentalist_christian_chat_rooms/

Quote:
A woman wants to abort a rape child? She should have thought of that before she walked down that dark alley without a male prescence, not to mention she should have thought before putting on revealing attire.

Quote:
[Talking about an eleven year old girl who was raped and then buried alive]

god was sacrificing this child as a way to show others the light. much as he did his own child. what a beautiful gift he has given us.

Quote:
A man can have sexual pleasure from a child as young as a baby. However he should not penetrate, sodomising the child is OK. If the man penetrates and damages the child then he should be responsible for her subsistence all her life. This girl, however does not count as one of his four permanent wives. The man will not be eligible to marry the girl's sister.

Quote:
Me and like-minded Christian students are trying to organize a mock stoning of openly gay students at our campus. We will be using crumpled up gray/brown construction paper to represent rocks, and will recite bible verses in opposition to their sinful nature. We will throw a volley or two of these "rocks" at every Gay person we happen to encounter that day.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:49 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

God that show how stupid Relgion is
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:42 am

Dave The Man wrote:
God that show how stupid Religeon is

Im a bit confused , You have denounced religion as stupid, but you started your sentence using the word God, If religeon is stupid why are you using the word God ?
If religeon is stupid i take it your funeral wont be held in a church and or you wont have a religeous minister conducting the service, You will definately not have a cross or any religeous refrences on your grave stone, Am i right ?

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:44 am
Post subject: Re: Hooray for religion!Reply with quote

member34258 wrote:
It cracks me up.
http://duggmirror.com/comedy/100_Greatest_Quotes_from_fundamentalist_christian_chat_rooms/

Quote:
A woman wants to abort a rape child? She should have thought of that before she walked down that dark alley without a male prescence, not to mention she should have thought before putting on revealing attire.

Quote:
[Talking about an eleven year old girl who was raped and then buried alive]

god was sacrificing this child as a way to show others the light. much as he did his own child. what a beautiful gift he has given us.

Quote:
A man can have sexual pleasure from a child as young as a baby. However he should not penetrate, sodomising the child is OK. If the man penetrates and damages the child then he should be responsible for her subsistence all her life. This girl, however does not count as one of his four permanent wives. The man will not be eligible to marry the girl's sister.

Quote:
Me and like-minded Christian students are trying to organize a mock stoning of openly gay students at our campus. We will be using crumpled up gray/brown construction paper to represent rocks, and will recite bible verses in opposition to their sinful nature. We will throw a volley or two of these "rocks" at every Gay person we happen to encounter that day.

Not fair member to suggest all people who believe in God subscribe to that crap mate, Fundamentalist have always been somehwhat extreme!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:50 am

Bloody Hell. Shocked Rolling Eyes

Granted, it's a collection of the "top 100" but still, there's some seriously disturbed people out there.

They're no more representative of the majority of christians than the suicide bomber is reprepresentative of the majority of muslims, but you get extremeists in any ideology I guess.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:31 am

joffa corfe wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
God that show how stupid Religeon is

Im a bit confused , You have denounced religion as stupid, but you started your sentence using the word God, If religeon is stupid why are you using the word God ?
If religeon is stupid i take it your funeral wont be held in a church and or you wont have a religeous minister conducting the service, You will definately not have a cross or any religeous refrences on your grave stone, Am i right ?

There is Nothing Wrong with People being Relioguse, I just see them as being People being dictated how to live

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:12 pm

Perhaps a little off topic but my favourites are the televangelists, along with the controversies and scandals that accompany them. And we reckon Tom Cruise is a nutter?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Televangelist

Controversies

Quote:
Televangelists are the subject of considerable controversy. Both their methods and theology have received widespread criticism from both church and secular sources. Many televangelists are featured on discernment websites run by Christians that are concerned about what they see as departures from sound Christian faith. The following are amongst the issues that have been raised:

>Lack of accountability. Many televangelists exist outside of established churches. They have little or no oversight from denominational structures and many are accountable to no-one. In cases where their ministry is run by a board of directors, this is frequently made up of family members and other people who will not challenge the televangelist. Other televangelists, however, are members of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability, an independent organisation which promotes high financial standards amongst Christian ministries.

>Supernatural theology. Many televangelists hold charismatic or Pentecostal viewpoints, believing in spiritual gifts, divine healing, and other miracles. These subjects remain controversial within Christian thinking. In some instances, claims of miracles have been shown to be fraudulent.

>Flamboyant lifestyles. Some televangelists have accumulated significant personal wealth from their ministries and own large properties, luxury cars, and even private jets. This is seen by critics to be contradictory to Christian principles. There is also frequently confusion between personal and ministry assets.

>Financial emphasis. Televangelism requires substantial amounts of money to produce programs and purchase airtime on cable and satellite networks. Televangelists devote much time to fundraising activities. Products such as books, CDs, DVDs, and trinkets with supposedly miraculous powers, are aggressively promoted to viewers. Opponents regard such an emphasis as inappropriate and also question whether the money would be better used relieving poverty or employing traditional missionaries.

>Personality cult. Traditional Christian teaching emphasises the following of Jesus and not a particular preacher, however televangelism tends to build a personality cult around the televangelist.

>Health and wealth teaching. Many televangelists preach a prosperity gospel that promises material success to believers, subject to their generous donations to the “work of God”, which inevitably means the televangelist. This is regarded as a serious heresy by other Christians.

>False prophecies. Numerous televangelists have issued false prophecies, for example Benny Hinn’s claim that Fidel Castro would die in the 1990s, or Pat Robertson's claim that the War in Iraq would end in 2006. Other televangelists have made false prophecies of the Second Coming.

>False teaching. Televangelists frequently depart from or add to traditional Christian doctrines.

>Entertainment focus. The style of televangelism seems to mirror that of the secular entertainment industry, with emphasis on celebrity, slick production, and aggressive marketing.

>Disputed success. Televangelists claim to be reaching millions of people worldwide with the gospel and producing numerous converts to Christianity. However, such claims are difficult to verify independently. It has also been questioned whether non-believers actually watch Christian television.

>Televangelists often strongly dispute these criticisms and say they are doing God's work. They cite declining attendance at traditional church services and the growth of global mass media as factors necessitating the use of television to fulfill the "Great Commission" in the 21st century

Scandals
Quote:

Numerous televangelists have been at the center of well-publicised scandals, including financial, sexual, and religious.

Many televangelists promote the doctrine of divine healing and would claim that God can heal people through them. Christian views on this subject vary, and it is seen as pseudoscience and charlatanry by the general public. A number of claims of healing miracles made by televangelists have been exposed as fraud, for example in the case of Peter Popoff.

A series of scandals in the 1980s resulted in the fall from grace of some famous televangelists, such as Jim Bakker, who served a prison sentence for financial improprieties associated with his ministry, and Jimmy Swaggart, who made a famous tearful confession to a dalliance with a prostitute. They have continued preaching, nonetheless, even though their audiences may be a small fraction of what they were at the height of their popularity.

Controversial claims have also been made by some, as when Oral Roberts told his television audience in 1987 that he had to raise $8 million in donations or "God would call him home". He ended up raising $9.1 million.[5]. Shortly after the September 11 terrorist attacks, Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell said that it was divine retribution provoked by rampant sexual immorality. In 2005, Robertson announced on The 700 Club that Venezuelan president Hugo Chávez ought to be "taken out" by the US government. Many viewed this as a call for assassination. Later that year, in November, Robertson warned the town of Dover, Pennsylvania of a severe natural disaster following the defeat of the local school board for advocating intelligent design. In 2006, Robertson said God smote Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon after he withdrew troops from the Gaza Strip.

Brazil is also a country in which televangelists have found success, and some have faced accusations of improprieties. In 1992, Edir Macedo, a Brazilian televangelist and founder of the Universal Church of the Kingdom of God was imprisoned for accusations of charlatanism, and spent some days in prison. More recently, in 2002, the Época magazine, controlled by Globo media group published two new articles making accusations at Igreja Renascer em Cristo. In 2006, Brazilian Justice blocked all goods of the Hernandes couple, leaders of the church because of accusations of money laundering, fraud and identity theft.

Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:53 pm

joffa corfe wrote:

That is how mine will be, as it is expressed that way in my will joffa

member34258 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:57 pm

joffa corfe wrote:

Yes.
No service, no minister, no gravestone.
Ashes is the only way and having them scattered is the best way.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:52 pm

member34258 wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:

Yes.
No service, no minister, no gravestone.
Ashes is the only way and having them scattered is the best way.

That what we did with our Pope when he died

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:55 pm

String me up and feed me to the buzzards.
member34258 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:48 pm

frankiboy wrote:
String me up and feed me to the buzzards.

You sure they haven't been having a peck already?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:16 pm

sipping on pina coladas, I can't feel a thing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: