Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What is causing this?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
member34258 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:19 pm
Post subject: What is causing this?Reply with quote

http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/content/2007/s2122745.htm

Quote:
ELEANOR HALL: Back home now, and in Brisbane, another former ABC employee has developed breast cancer, taking the number of reported cases in the cancer cluster to 16.

A year ago the national broadcaster shut down its Brisbane headquarters when experts deemed it was unsafe.

Judy Kennedy, a mother of two young boys, is the latest employee to be diagnosed, and the news has sent more shockwaves and despair through the ABC in Queensland, as Nicole Butler reports from Brisbane.

I think this is number 16 or 17 who have now contracted breast cancer after working at this location.
Although there is no scientific evidence proving that the location is to blame I'm sure there is some connection.
I would love to know what is causing this so we can eliminate it from all workplaces.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting. From memory, experts didn't actually deem the building unsafe, (as reported in the article) they couldn't find anything actually wrong apart from the number of women developing cancer for no apparent reason. The ABC decided to voluntarily vacate.

I agree, whatever it is it's too much to be a coincidence and I hope whatever caused it is found so it can be eradicated.

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:49 am

The fact that it has a bloody great Antenna on the top of the building that they work in might have something to so with it, but hell the "scientist" have said that it would have no bearing on the employee's...what a load of shite!

Cheers

member34258 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:57 pm

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/02/01/2152660.htm

Number 17.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: