Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

McKee?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
afisher Sagittarius

Collingwood on the Great Wall near Simatai

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 2:36 am
Post subject: McKee?Reply with quote

So what is the consensus re McKee's form and position in the team. I have always been fairly positive as to his potential (though I must admit this has been tested a few times), but the last couple of weeks has started to justify the selectors faith in him. Though still a long way to go , his work around the ground has been great, he has been competitive in the middle, and has provided good assistance in the back line. Will he be a flash in the pan again , or is he here for the long haul ??

bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 2:51 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I still believe McKee was getting over legionalas disease last year. At the moment I have Glandular fever and will take me awhile to overcome it. McKee looks fit and ready. He is winning tap outs and is aiding our small backline by drifting back. If he keeps his current form I believe you will find him as a regular player for the Pies. I say we all get behind him because I think he will be good for us. He plays with heart and guts and that makes him a part of the Collingwood Football Club Tradition.

If your not bleeding Black and White, you don't truly support Collingwood!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 3:32 am

'stunning' has been a much maligned player. he is often one of the first to be bagged when things go bad for the pies. however he has been in sensational form in the ruck as well as across half back. his inclusion in the side has freed up rocca, fraser and molloy (when fit) to play up forward. his role as a 'sweeper' across half back has been excellent.

many people have bagged the trading of clinton king for mckee. given the current form of the two teams, I would say that c'wood is definitely coming out on top with this deal. many people have also questioned c'wood's decision not to trade for a ruckman. look at us - we are currently third.

I don't think mckee is a flash in the pan. he has a lot of knockers but he is a hard worker and plays within his ability, which has to be admired. his height will be telling for our game against the bulldogs.

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 3:44 am

re McKee's form. last year b4 he did his shoulder he was in excellent form and is working his way back to that now, I have never understood why they bag him so much, but then again I don't understand those that bag any Magpie player.
good honest hard work will pay off.
Give em sh*t McKee!

paulie 

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 4:38 am

Stunning must continue to play even if he is not dominatinglike on Friday nite.He provides a contest and takes the pressure off Rogan.This also frees up rogan and Peebles to go into key positions.He also can play a kick behind play very well arlaa Big Wes in his copeland year.

Case 

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 5:54 am

stunner is "the key" to our whole setup... he is a much needed player... when he plays and holds his own the rest of the team fires, without him we appear to lack something.... he must stay!!

MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 7:53 am

His form has been very good over the last 3 weeks. He is performing a valuable role.

I still don't think he is a long term solution to our ruck problems but in his crrent form he is one of the more valuable members of the side. He still cannot ruck to save himself though (as opposed to following). He has never beaten a good in form ruckman in his entire career in the ruck. As long as he is competitive in the ruck this year and keeps the following form he currently has he will be a huge asset as we head toward some tough matches over the next 2 months.

I have not seen Richards play in the VFL this year. Is he a chance to make an impact later in the year?

Black_White 

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 12:58 am

No...next year maybe.

-Craig

Hiya-and-Higher 

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 2:20 am

I am a fan of McKee.
Players need time to adapt to the ontensity and pressure of the game.
It's hard to beat a champion ruckman until you have played against them a few times.
McKee has not been around that long.
He reminds me of Manson...a little awkward but can be very effective.
As I posted earlier, every player has strengths and weaknesses, if you like them you praise their strengths, if you are set against them, you dwell on their weaknesses.
I feel confident from what I've seen that McKee will get better as the year goes on.
Also as as team grows in confidence and experience the skill level of everyone goes up.

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 4:04 am

guy richards will be given all the time he needs to develop. the club apparently believe he can be a realistic ruck solution. have never seen him play(im in darwin) but mates in melb say he definately has talent. would be surprised to see him debut before mid season next year as he stills needs to bulk up.
tom davidson is another excellent youngster on the list. has been struck down with injury for most of this year but people have likened him to jon hay in build, speed and talent. more of a forward tho i think. plenty to look forward to.

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 4:55 am

McKee is going OK at the moment. I even thought about giving him votes for last Friday's effort. He has had obvious shoulder problems, and if he does not suffer a reoccurence, he will continue to provide good service for the remainder of the year.

With him dropping back in defense, Rocca and Josh up foward, we look OK.

I have seen Guy Richards, play in the Reserves these past two weeks, and if he fulfils his potential, he will become our 1st ruckman. He must be about 10cms taller than McKee. 6'6, I'd say. If only he can play! Once Richards steps up, and assuming McKee's shoulder continues to hold out, McKee will be able to assume a key defensive position (and relieve in the ruck).

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 7:30 am

Whats the plan for Josh Fraser then? is he to become a CHF and not our #1 ruck?. I thought he was our #1 ruck in waiting.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 7:47 am

Josh can play just about everywhere. I don't know whether we want him in ruck though, not at this age anyway. He is a bit too agile for my liking (still), maybe in his later years. At the moment I say keep them rotating, its working well at the moment.

McKee is playing pretty good at the moment, but I still wish to wait and see.

JDF
Murray 

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 9:34 am

If McKee is our best Ruck we are deep in the poo. He is nothing more than a fill in until Richards is ready for the one's. When that happens McKee will not get a game , and rightly so - he is just a plodder and we have had enough of them over the years.
How come we think that every player that plays for us is a champion, come on guys if that were the case we would have a lot more than 14 flags. Face it - we still have some on our list that should not be there. Hello Dimma.

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 10:07 am

hey murray, have you seen mckee's last three games? we never said that he was our best ruck option. his inclusion in the team gives c'wood more options and allows rocca and fraser to play up forward and for richards to develop. give him a break!

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: