Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

How close is this?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pica 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't this whole episode simply underline how antiquated our system of voting and counting is?
It will be almost a month after votes have been cast before we see a result.
FFS, Google can provide squillions of responses in seconds. The technology exists. The infrastructure exists. Surely it couldn't be too hard for everyone to cast votes a la TAB tickets.
You could have almost instant results. You could also probably eliminate many informal votes.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:08 am

What disturbs me is that every time they've counted, they've come up with a different result.

It's a nightmare when that happens during cashup... Confused Razz

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:11 am

What do you look like?
member34258 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:26 am

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/its-official-mcewen-still-baileys/2007/12/19/1197740380516.html

A bad result for the people of McEwan who now have an opposition member. Bailey was quoted as being extremely happy. So she should, this term will see her get the required years to qualify for the big pension and benefits.

This still concerns me;
Quote:
Labor said yesterday it was still considering a challenge to the result. The Age understands the party is concerned about several ballots, including one where candidates' names were crossed out and replaced with the names of racing car drivers. The vote, which favored the Liberals, was ruled informal in the initial count, but allowed into the recount.
tcnthat Libra

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:02 pm

pica wrote:
Doesn't this whole episode simply underline how antiquated our system of voting and counting is?
It will be almost a month after votes have been cast before we see a result.
FFS, Google can provide squillions of responses in seconds. The technology exists. The infrastructure exists. Surely it couldn't be too hard for everyone to cast votes a la TAB tickets.
You could have almost instant results. You could also probably eliminate many informal votes.

As soon as the broad based infrastructure to support such a system is cheap enough, this will be the way things go. The security aspect will also need to squared away and will cost plenty. ATM, it is just too expensive to set up and implement.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:56 pm

member34258 wrote:
http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/its-official-mcewen-still-baileys/2007/12/19/1197740380516.html

A bad result for the people of McEwan who now have an opposition member. Bailey was quoted as being extremely happy. So she should, this term will see her get the required years to qualify for the big pension and benefits.

This still concerns me;
Quote:
Labor said yesterday it was still considering a challenge to the result. The Age understands the party is concerned about several ballots, including one where candidates' names were crossed out and replaced with the names of racing car drivers. The vote, which favored the Liberals, was ruled informal in the initial count, but allowed into the recount.

A magnificent result for the wonderful people of McEwen, no suprises that Labor will also contest it, question is how many challenges and recounts can they do? Will we have a final result before the next election? Laughing
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:58 pm

^ are you in the mckewen electorate? why is it a good result?
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:19 pm

Jock McPie wrote:
^ are you in the mckewen electorate? why is it a good result?

coz he's a liberal

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:29 pm

so is eddiesmith the self-proclaimed spokesman for the mckewen electorate? if so, i find that offensive considering i am parked up in that electorate and certainly no fan of the cow.

Quote:
A magnificent result for the wonderful people of McEwen

what a patronising so and so you are.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:48 pm

Jock McPie wrote:
so is eddiesmith the self-proclaimed spokesman for the mckewen electorate? if so, i find that offensive considering i am parked up in that electorate and certainly no fan of the cow.

Quote:

eddiesmith lives in the Deakin Electorate which was a marginal electorate held by Phil Baressi who was toppled by Mike Symon and is now an ALP seat Smile glad the work i did in that electorate helped to topple that tool Baressi, who, as the election got closer told people to call him Phil BARASSI.....

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:39 pm

Jock McPie wrote:

Quote:

By the time the next Election rolls around I could be living there, currently have a couple of properties and looking at building in the area next year so am very happy its still a Liberal seat
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:41 pm

What's your sign?
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:15 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Jock McPie wrote:

Quote:

By the time the next Election rolls around I could be living there, currently have a couple of properties and looking at building in the area next year so am very happy its still a Liberal seat

thought you said you had A property in Lilydale and had already started building on it.....

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:21 pm

Proud Pies wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Jock McPie wrote:

Quote:

thought you said you had A property in Lilydale and had already started building on it.....

Mooroolbark and yes I have, havent decided which I will live in and which will be a holiday home
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:29 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Proud Pies wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Jock McPie wrote:

Quote:

Mooroolbark and yes I have, havent decided which I will live in and which will be a holiday home

oh of course, i forgot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: