Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

TRANSFER: COLLINGWOOD V brisbane

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 3:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

simple - swap the day game to the colonic. who are richmond anyway?

we'd actually be doing the scum a favour as they can at least make a profit at the colonic. with all the fans already jumping off the bandwagon, they wouldn't be able to fill the 'G.

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 4:56 am

I think there's a lot more atsmosphere at the G than at Colonial but after saying that, I've made my plans around us playing Brisbane at Colonial and it's a real nuisance having to change plans (and tickets for the family I'm taking to the game) at the last minute.

GO PIES!
Marg

MarkT 

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 7:43 am

Firstly, there are the financial considerations. From a Collingwood perspective, what will we make at the G v what will we make at Colonial. From an AFL perspective, what does it do to the contracts and gurantees signed with Colonial for games. They will have signed off on the number and quality of games I suspect.

Everything else being equal (which it isn't) I would rather see the game at the G. That way as many people as want to go can do so. Colonial wiil be at capacity so some will miss out. Also, many Pie fans will be forced to pay extra for reserved seats in orde to ensure they get in. Otherwise they risk missing out or waiting until 1/4 time before they have lined up for a ticket, lined up to get in and then found seat.

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 9:46 am

I will be completely pissed off if the game gets changed to a day-time match at the M.C.G. I've already planned that weekend around a Saturday night game. I've got other plans for Saturday afternoon, and if the game gets changed they can start without me.

I haven't missed a Collingwood game in Melbourne for nearly 6 years, but if the Collingwood Football Club succeeds in getting the game moved to a Saturday afternoon at the M.C.G. they can stick it right up their arse. There ARE other things in life besides football.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 10:43 am

Magpie-Lions M.C.G. switch ruled out
Angus Morgan
afl.com.au
12:03:34 PM Wed 8 May, 2002

The AFL has dismissed a push by Collingwood to have the round eight fixture against the Brisbane Lions shifted from Colonial Stadium to the M.C.G.

The game is scheduled for Saturday 18 May starting at 7.10 pm. There’s a match scheduled to be played at the M.C.G. that same afternoon – Richmond v West Coast.

AFL operations manager Andrew Demetriou said there’s no chance that the fixtures would be swapped or that the M.C.G. would cater for two games on the one day.

“We think that game (Collingwood v Brisbane) will draw a very good crowd, but we have no evidence to suggest it will draw 60 or 70,000 people,” Demetriou said.

“Colonial deserves the opportunity to host a good game like that and I think that everybody is starting to accept Colonial Stadium. It’s a great stadium.”

you can keep your 6 record intact alf.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: