Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

TRANSFER: COLLINGWOOD V brisbane

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 2:13 am
Post subject: TRANSFER: COLLINGWOOD V brisbaneReply with quote

I put forward a motion that Eddie needs to speak to the AFL about transferring Collingwood v Brisbane to the MCG. The magpie army is too big for Colonial ?? Collingwood V Brisbane would draw 65,000 minimum and would be a great game between the current premiers and Collingwood a team on the rise. Lets face facts Collingwood v Same Old Stkilda drew 46,000. Im very confident that Collingwood v Bulldogs will be a sellout as well. Brisbane has a lot of old Fitzroy supporters starting to come out of the woodwork and the Magpie Army is growing week by week. Please move the game to the best stadium in Australia so as many people as possible can witness the game.

What does Eddie and everyone else think of this ??

I am the game, you don't wanna play me
I am control, no way you can change me
I am have heavy debts, no way you can pay me
I am the pain, and I know you can't take me

Look over your shoulder, ready to run
Like a good little bitch, from a smoking gun
I am the game, and I make the rules
So move on out, and you can die like a fool
Play the game, you're gonna be the same
You're gonna change your name, you're gonna die in flames
Hahahahaha
Time to play the game!
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 3:48 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a good idea JLC. I'll take the 'G over colonic stadium any day.

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
Rosewall Woman 2 

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 6:23 am

I have to agree Brisbane have many old Fitzroy supporters that will go to the game and with Collingwood being their opposition there is bound to be a massive crowd. A shift to MCG should be considered but it is the AFL we would have to convince and they don't seem to be the brightest bunch a lot of the time. We can live in hope.

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 7:28 am

Collingwood and Brisbane will not draw 65,000. Leave the game where it is.

I'm sick of matches being transferred. It just stuffs people around. The original draw should be set in concrete. Only in exceptional circumstances should a match be transferred to another venue.

The A.F.L. got it right in this instance. Colonial is the perfect venue for Collingwood V Brisbane. The atmosphere will be sensational there in comparison to a half-empty M.C.G.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 7:31 am

Hmmm, I don't know about this one. Colonial will be full to the brim but the MCG would be lucky to draw 60,000. I would rather a full stadium I think...still though, I'm not too sure.

JDF
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 7:43 am

Imagine the noise a full Stadium of Magpie fans will make.
It's our home game and we'll be out in force!

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 10:26 am

Collingwood v StKilda drew 46,000 people. This was a game that had hardly any build up and wouldnt have inspired the neutral football supporter to attend the game. Yet Colonial was almost at its capacity.

Brisbane i think have more Melbourne based supporters than the Bulldogs. Lets see the crowd this week that attends the game on Sunday and you can add on another 10,000 that would go to see the Brisbane game.

I am the game, you don't wanna play me
I am control, no way you can change me
I am have heavy debts, no way you can pay me
I am the pain, and I know you can't take me

Look over your shoulder, ready to run
Like a good little bitch, from a smoking gun
I am the game, and I make the rules
So move on out, and you can die like a fool
Play the game, you're gonna be the same
You're gonna change your name, you're gonna die in flames
Hahahahaha
Time to play the game!
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 11:17 am

I reckon, keep it Colonic. U won't get 65k at the G.

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 11:27 am

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa keep the Collingwood v Brisbane game at Colonial.... The more ppl we can have hanging from the rafters the better.... Imagine the NOISE!! Bloody beautiful....
No way could you get the crowd for this game to complement the MCG the same way!!

BE LOUD...BE PROUD
(September.... we WILL be there)
Magpie_Dan Taurus

The KING And I

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 12:05 pm

Well JLC I like the idea and if it gets moved well we will remember you suggested it but I am praying to god for that day that if this move goes ahead that it dosent rain!!!!

Go The Pies!

Dan

Go The Richo!

UNLEASH THE VL TURBO!

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 12:06 pm

i dunno, i really think colonial would be amazing for the collingwood/brisbane game. i mean there'd be 52,000 people there, it'd be packed to the rafters, and about 49,000 of those people will be collingwood fans! can you imagine the noise we could all make?

plus colonial is really good for the cheer squad. our chants really echo. we have to make the poor brissy players poo themselves.

Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 3:14 pm

According to the news tonight Collingwood have already requested a move to the MCG... although apparently more to do with the extra $15 admission charge Colonial is asking of certain Collingwood membership holders. Apparently if played at the MCG then this charge would not exist therefore they wont to play it at the G.

Hollywood Sly 

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 3:37 pm

I totally agree, JLC. However, I'd be looking at changing more than just the Brizbum game.

If we can draw 46,000 against the beleagured Saints, well, how are we going to go in successive weeks against the Bulldogs, the Lions (potentially 1st versus 2nd), the Roos, and the Scones?

I'm sick of Collingwood being used as Rent-a-Crowd. In years passed, we've been flung to every corner of Australia to draw people; now we're being used to pad-out the money-pit at the Colonic.

S.
The Last Remaining Bad Guy.
The Incandescent One.

The Collingwood Rant.
RANT!
The AFL Ranting Board.
Don’t believe the Facts until you’ve read the Rants!

AJ 

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 3:54 pm

In my opinion, the game will stay where it is. It's too late to change the game. Too many seats have already been sold and allocated for the match. The AFL loves Colonial as well, so they will be keen to keep the game where it is. Also if it is transferred, Collingwood would have to refund heaps of people $20, because that is what people paid for the Reserve Seat Colonial Upgrade per game. This charge doesn't apply for MCG matches, therefore the club would be out pocket $20 for every person who has that category of membership. Apart from the $20 charge, the club would need to organise someone to prepare the transactions and send them out and this could be quite costly. The club would need to organise this promptly too, because they are keen on delivering quality service for us members.

Hopefully next year we can play 11 home games at the MCG, but don't count on it.

- A.J.

Broadie 

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 2:43 am

Either Eddie agrees or THE AGE has been creating news out of this thread. Looks like it's not a possibility anyway.

See: http://realfooty.theage.com.au/news/2002/05/08/FFXM0YNNW0D.html
quote:

Pies want Lions game at MCG

Collingwood has requested that its Saturday night round-eight game against Brisbane be moved to the MCG should both sides win this weekend.

Channel Seven last night reported that the Magpies had asked for the shift of the game from Colonial Stadium so more fans could attend.

But earlier that day, Richmond plays West Coast at the MCG. An AFL spokesman said the league was unlikely to schedule two games at the MCG on the one day.

- AAP

Broadie

[This message has been edited by Broadie (edited 08 May 2002).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: