Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Would you answer?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

EBB wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Jock McPie wrote:
if the workplace is intent on building strategies to develop/provide support networks and services to their diverse workforce with an aim to enhance employee engagement then no problem. how else will they capture the data to assist decision making?

Shame on you Jock, you've lowered the tone of the whole thread by speaking sense.

Not exactly, in bold above^, who does the data assist to make decisions? And what decisions are they making? Do they favour anyone for? Or against?

Seriously tho, I'm gonna leave this thread.

the senior management team and hr depts. i would want to understand my workforce and how i could make the environment better for them. most of us spend a good third to half of our waking hours at work and while you are remunerated for your services you do want an environment you can tolerate and participate in.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:55 pm

EBB, employee opinion surveys are a very valuable tool, particularly for large corporations. It's a considerable investment to get the data and is taken very seriously.

Proud Pies speculated about the Telstra EOS and the confidentiality. The data collection there was outsourced to ISR and segmenting it, enabled the data to be sliced and diced in a number of ways. It was NOT used to identify individuals, but to identify problems in work groups. The reports that came back from ISR didn't enable individual identification.

I don't know what decisions the company would make with the data they get, it may be they don't make any but it gives the managers another source if you cross reference.

eg, if you had 5 call centres in a group and EOS results said that 4 of the 5 were happy as kings but one wasn't. New survey data says that the 4 who are happy are predominantly hetro, but the one who is unhappy is predominantly homosexual, the indication would be therer is an issue in that centre somehow related to sexuality. Whether that be management attititude or something more oblique.

basically, happy people work better than unhappy ones.

EBB 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:56 pm

..fair dinkum, why can't people just get along. Don't put yourself above or below me. Look me in the eye and let's hug.
EBB 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:04 pm

stui magpie wrote:
EBB, employee opinion surveys are a very valuable tool, particularly for large corporations. It's a considerable investment to get the data and is taken very seriously.

Stui, like I said and I quote "not exactly".

I've been an employer,
but it's the data that business is after that can be a concern for the employee.

Compromise is a valuable tool,
if you understand it's potential use.

(an equal and fair share for all)...now you see where I sit.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:06 pm

EBB wrote:
..fair dinkum, why can't people just get along. Don't put yourself above or below me. Look me in the eye and let's hug.

Mate, unlike some (one) here, I don't belittle people i disagree with. of course individuals have concerns about how their employer will treat personal information, and so they should. I was just giving the perspective from a large employer.

Conspiracy theories are popular, doesn't mean they're correct. Wink

EBB 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:45 pm

stui magpie wrote:
EBB wrote:

Mate, unlike some (one) here, I don't belittle people i disagree with. of course individuals have concerns about how their employer will treat personal information, and so they should. I was just giving the perspective from a large employer.

Conspiracy theories are popular, doesn't mean they're correct. Wink

Yes I know, I completely understand. Smile

Jason Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:13 am

EBB wrote:
Frank Stone wrote:
No, I wouldn't answer, because my sexual preference has nothing to do with my work or anyone else other than my partner.

Wrong Frank! For instance, if you choose to be a paedophile, then I don't want you to be a school teacher of children. That's why we do 'police checks'.

dictionary.com

sexual:
1. of, pertaining to, or for sex: sexual matters; sexual aids.

preference:
1. the act of preferring.

I don't think people choose to be paedophiles, nor do I think they'd answer the question completely truthfully in that case Laughing
Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:16 pm

EBB wrote:
Frank Stone wrote:
No, I wouldn't answer, because my sexual preference has nothing to do with my work or anyone else other than my partner.

Wrong Frank! For instance, if you choose to be a paedophile, then I don't want you to be a school teacher of children. That's why we do 'police checks'.

dictionary.com

sexual:

preference:

So you're saying you are a pedophile??
If so, gutsy admission EBB.
Are you getting treatment?

Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:18 pm

Jock McPie wrote:
EBB wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Jock McPie wrote:
if the workplace is intent on building strategies to develop/provide support networks and services to their diverse workforce with an aim to enhance employee engagement then no problem. how else will they capture the data to assist decision making?

Shame on you Jock, you've lowered the tone of the whole thread by speaking sense.

Not exactly, in bold above^, who does the data assist to make decisions? And what decisions are they making? Do they favour anyone for? Or against?

the senior management team and hr depts. i would want to understand my workforce and how i could make the environment better for them. most of us spend a good third to half of our waking hours at work and while you are remunerated for your services you do want an environment you can tolerate and participate in.

So how will knowing some ones sexual orientation assist that Jock?

EBB 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:57 pm

Frank Stone wrote:
EBB wrote:
Frank Stone wrote:

dictionary.com

sexual:

preference:

So you're saying you are a pedophile??
If so, gutsy admission EBB.
Are you getting treatment?

LOL, Frank you clown, your slipping But I see you have changed 'preference' to orientation LOL. I must have made a dent in your ego.

..and everytime you attempt to insult me, my love for you grows only stronger.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:19 pm

Frank Stone wrote:
Jock McPie wrote:
EBB wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Jock McPie wrote:

So how will knowing some ones sexual orientation assist that Jock?

well, for example, my last workplace [5,000+] had quite a proactive group which called themselves GLINT and provided support services for gays and lesbians. this and other groups and services were supported by the senior management team. you don't need to know who is what but you should know what numbers represent what.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: