Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Should Japan Apologise?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:13 pm
Post subject: Should Japan Apologise?Reply with quote

The RSL has been seeking an apology for a number of decades in relation to what the invading Japanese Soldiers did to POW's during WWII

My question is therefore simply

Should the current Japanese Government apologise for the atrocities perpetrated on Australian soldiers on the Burma railway and in Changi prison as demanded by the Australian RSL?

bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

When? Before or after the Alliance Apologises for killing innocent Civilians by Oppenheimer's toy??

Pointless!!

Does not bring 'em back.

And my Grandfather in law was a Japanese POW. Can't see how it would make a difference.

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:30 pm

My Great Uncle was in Changi. Apparently the experience changed him completely. Considering he's been dead more than 20 years, I don't think it would matter to him very much.

The Japanese haven't apologised to my knowledge to the women they forced into prostitution during the war, they're unlikely to give on to POW's.

It's unfortunate when people feel they need an apology in order to get on with their lives. Sometimes you just have to learn to let things go.

However, to directly answer the direct question, "should they apologise"?, considering the things they did, yes they should,

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:55 pm

bwphantom wrote:
When? Before or after the Alliance Apologises for killing innocent Civilians by Oppenheimer's toy??

Spot on.

First, for why they dropped it on people.

Second, for why the hell they did it again - on Nagasaki, 3 days later.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:03 pm

stui magpie wrote:
My Great Uncle was in Changi. Apparently the experience changed him completely. Considering he's been dead more than 20 years, I don't think it would matter to him very much.

The Japanese haven't apologised to my knowledge to the women they forced into prostitution during the war, they're unlikely to give on to POW's.

It's unfortunate when people feel they need an apology in order to get on with their lives. Sometimes you just have to learn to let things go.

However, to directly answer the direct question, "should they apologise"?, considering the things they did, yes they should,

Didn't an Australian woman actually win an apology from the Japanese government in the last couple of years for things that happened to them during the war? Or was that something different?

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:48 pm

The Prototype wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Didn't an Australian woman actually win an apology from the Japanese government in the last couple of years for things that happened to them during the war? Or was that something different?

i think i saw something of the sort on an Australian Story one night... i think. You could be right

Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:09 pm
Post subject: Re: Should Japan Apologise?Reply with quote

Frank Stone wrote:
The RSL has been seeking an apology for a number of decades in relation to what the invading Japanese Soldiers did to POW's during WWII

My question is therefore simply

Should the current Japanese Government apologise for the atrocities perpetrated on Australian soldiers on the Burma railway and in Changi prison as demanded by the Australian RSL?

Depends if you think the Australian Government should apologise to the "Stolen Generation" or not...

noddy, Aries

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:58 pm

MAGFAN8 wrote:
bwphantom wrote:

Spot on.

First, for why they dropped it on people.

Second, for why the hell they did it again - on Nagasaki, 3 days later.

you believe that the US needs to apologise for ending WW2 ?

this argument, like all others here, will go nowhere, but the desire of people to blame the US for all of the world's ills is bizarre.
bwphantom Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:10 pm

Not blaming the Americans. My point is saying sorry is pointless. Most of us realise now that the atrocities committed were horrid. We just need to learn from the past and hopefully build a better future for our kids.

Saying sorry will not achieve this.

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:43 pm

Apologies again…let the urinating contest begin.
So Japan apologises to China, Australia and who ever else for the war,
China and Korea apologises to the native Ainu people of Japan for invading in the 4 century BC, who in turn get an apology from said emigrants who are now called the Japanese who start all over again just to make sure.
The US apologises to everybody … just because everyone thinks it’s a good idea.
Who else needs to apologise?
Or should we just view history from the perspective of the time in which it happened and learn something for the better.

Magpie Jack 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:24 pm

I'm Sorry World War 2 Happened.

I'm Sorry the Stolen Generation Happened.

I don't believe saying sorry is pointless. Saying sorry to the Aboriginal People won't fix their health problems or raise their living standards overnight but it could lift their Self Esteem. That's when things could really start to happen.

member34258 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:48 am

There have been some apologies. And rightly so.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6495115.stm
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:08 am

As a direct descendant of Y-chromosomal Adam, I humbly apologise for all the wrongdoings perpetrated towards fellow human beings throughout evolution, including myself. Sorry.

I hope that covers it.

bwphantom Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:06 pm

frankiboy wrote:
As a direct descendant of Y-chromosomal Adam, I humbly apologise for all the wrongdoings perpetrated towards fellow human beings throughout evolution, including myself. Sorry.

I hope that covers it.

That about sums it up...

Thanks ya old Emu I feel so relieved now. Razz

Jock McHale
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:11 pm

My brain pattern set does not have a response for that. You are quite welcome! Yippee! What kind of food do you like?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: