Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cheer Squad "Uniform"

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie_born_and_bred 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

i didnt say they owe us, we got the jackets for free. If we have to pay for somethin fair enough, but i am sure no one would complain if we received these for nothing.
Carders Leo

No Didak, No Collingwood!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:07 pm

Well as all the clothing we have received in the past has been free. I cant see this idea getting off the ground if people have to pay. Whilst I dont mind, i know some people will not be interested in paying more for cheersquad clothing.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:01 pm

Dont hijack the topic guys...

Its all about how we want to be looked, Lets raise the bar, set some standards, make a statement.
In reality a uniform of such should be a condition of entry upon joining the cheersquad.

The sad thing here is, we should of been the first to do it, granted some like to follow, i reckon it's more exciting to lead.
Love the uniform idea

Now lets get a big magpie emblem that covers the whole cheersquad bay and, we hold it up in the last quarter in Victory!

Lets not kill this topic but embrace it to further better ourselves and set us apart form the rest!
C'mom we're much better than them!

magpie_born_and_bred 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:54 pm

Bloody oath, by the way pally i love ur website.

i will continue to fight the fight to make us the most colourful, loud, passionate group in all of sport, lets do it!

BLACK AND WHITE CLOTHING OR GET LOST!

Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:38 pm

I remember not so long ago you weren't even allowed out onto the ground to do the banner unless in a cheersquad jacket and with black tracksuit pants on.

Where have those days gone? Looks like the need for a uniform has never been greater. With many people questioning the cheersquad's look as not standing out enough, especially in comparison to other clubs. It is definitely time to get a uniform or something that will increase the black and white presence behind the goals.

If it's a spray jacket, polo top or scrafe, anything is going to make a huge difference in lifting our profile as far as being seen as the cheersquad. But I absolutely agree with you Joff, what ever uniform we do end up having it must be a condition of entry to the cheersquad.

magpie_born_and_bred 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:48 pm

As should making noise!

Good topic this one, i will wear whatever if we can all look united as long as we get quality clothing and not shit jackets without pockets

GO PIES!

Euge 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:31 am
Post subject: UniformsReply with quote

It was not my intention to charge the CS members for the selected uniform. It will ultimately be a question of cost, however, I would certainly expect to be in a position to provide polo tops or scarves at no charge. One of the benefits of being in the Collingwood CS!!

Euge
Carders Leo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:33 pm

Maybe a poll could be a good idea to get a consensus on what cs members would like.

Polo Top

Scarf

Jumper / Jacket

maggies_4_eva 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:46 pm

Yobbo^LuKa wrote:
I remember not so long ago you weren't even allowed out onto the ground to do the banner unless in a cheersquad jacket and with black tracksuit pants on.

Where have those days gone? Looks like the need for a uniform has never been greater. With many people questioning the cheersquad's look as not standing out enough, especially in comparison to other clubs. It is definitely time to get a uniform or something that will increase the black and white presence behind the goals.

If it's a spray jacket, polo top or scrafe, anything is going to make a huge difference in lifting our profile as far as being seen as the cheersquad. But I absolutely agree with you Joff, what ever uniform we do end up having it must be a condition of entry to the cheersquad.

Too many arked up about having to wear the Spray Jackets and black pants onto the ground as they considered this was the club pulling our strings again, telling us what we could or couldn't wear. So the idea of Spray Jackets having to be worn was thrown out the window.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:35 pm

fwiw, as a non cs member i'd just like to see the squad all have scarves with CHEER SQUAD on one side and COLLINGWOOD 2008 on the other. simple, easy to identify with and you can hold them up victory style.
magpie_born_and_bred 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:59 pm

Bloody oath jock, thats what i have tried to get happening at the game, holding the scarfs up, please everyone, just have scarfs, i love youse all!

CMON COLLINGWOOD!!! EUGE, can i speak to you?

Carders Leo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:29 pm

yh one more vote for scarves, the european soccer style scarves like they have for purchase for the members except a different design to make ours unique.
magpie_born_and_bred 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:46 pm

I agree mate, im sure free scarfs wont hurt, bring it on hold ur scarf proudly!
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:02 am

I already wear my own scarf which has sentimental value from the 70's.

I don't think a polo would be much good as it's so cold at the night games that most people have to wear a coat/jacket so that would defeat the purpose.

I actually like the spray jackets we got, they looked very smart, but, as others have pointed out, they had no pockets and were not waterproof either. I wear mine over my t-shirt, jumper and even over my coat if it's really cold.

So, my preference is a jacket, but a waterproof one with pockets.

magpie_born_and_bred 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:04 pm

That would be a good idea, as well as making sure everyone has a black and white scarf of some description, to hold proudly above our heads as we sing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: