Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cheer Squad "Uniform"

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Euge 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:24 am
Post subject: Cheer Squad "Uniform"Reply with quote

Dear All

I want to explore the possibility of a cheer squad members' uniform...by this, I mean one top that is worn by every member of the cheer squad at selected games...I do look on in envy at some of the soccer clubs where their cheer squads seem to be one mass of the one uniform. It would be unrealistic to expect that one top could be worn at every game - but i would also consider this (as long as the top had black and white verticals!!!). On one view, we could simply have a special cheer squad collingwood jumper - however, not everyone will wear a footy jumper. I was thinking of a T shirt or windcheater type top - the problem of course is that the weather or the conditions will come in to play. it may be that we could wear a specific T shirt (polo top) at selected Telstra games (where the roof is generally closed) - Let me know your thoughts on this issue.

Thanks
Euge
Carders Leo

No Didak, No Collingwood!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

In the past the cheersquad has been given a spray jacket (2005) and in 2003 we were all given either a black or white polo with cheersqaud and collingwood insignia on it.

I reckon some kind of jumper would be good, remember we are playing winter. Although the ultimate would be a cheersquad scarf, that is what all the supporter groups in the soccer have, i.e. the Kop for liverpool even the BWB for the victory have their own scarf. Just an idea but it would probably be shot down knowing the anti soccer sentiment present on this site. But yh thats my 2 cents.

JBJ 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:59 pm

I've also been very envious of other cheersquads with their mass of colour. Being black and white we all seem to blend in to the crowd, BUT with everyone wearing Collingwood jumpers I think it would look just....GREAT! You would really be able to see the mass of verticle black and white stripes.

No red/yellow/green etc. etc. caps or t-shirts underneath just to stand out on TV.

I know that the new style ladies long sleeve jumpers that are made of the lighter material do flatter the more mature figure Smile , and they could still be worn at TD because of their light weight. If it's cold at the G just pile on the skivvies underneath. If it rains then everyone uses their ponchos (white) on top ....

Sounds terrific to me!
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:49 pm

JBJ wrote:
I've also been very envious of other cheersquads with their mass of colour. Being black and white we all seem to blend in to the crowd, BUT with everyone wearing Collingwood jumpers I think it would look just....GREAT! You would really be able to see the mass of verticle black and white stripes.

No red/yellow/green etc. etc. caps or t-shirts underneath just to stand out on TV. I know that the new style ladies long sleeve jumpers that are made of the lighter material do flatter the more mature figure Smile , and they could still be worn at TD because of their light weight. If it's cold at the G just pile on the skivvies underneath. If it rains then everyone uses their ponchos (white) on top ....

Sounds terrific to me!

*claps JBJ* and Ditto

although I really do like my Collingwood (AFL) raincoat that was available a cple of years ago... It is warm and completely waterproof whatsmore it HAS pockets, I think it retailed at the merchandise store at around $110 couldve been cheaper, unlike the FUBU spray jacket that was issued in 05 stylish but absolutely useless.

fabulous thought Euge I just hope everyone embraces the idea....

magpie_born_and_bred 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:31 pm

Euge, i Like the ideas mate.

What I think should happen is we could get polo tops, with magpie army on the back at the top and a massive 08 in the middle.

But what I think needs to happen to make us stand out, is just to forbid entry into the ponsford stand for anyone not wearing black and white, wear the colours, stand out, it will be awesome!

Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:42 pm

magpie_born_and_bred wrote:

What I think should happen is we could get polo tops, with magpie army on the back at the top and a massive 08 in the middle.

But what I think needs to happen to make us stand out, is just to forbid entry into the ponsford stand for anyone not wearing black and white, wear the colours, stand out, it will be awesome!

will u have to STOP getting ideas from the victory in the soccer!

the 1st idea u said has been taken by the victory.
magpie_born_and_bred 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:07 pm

dude, they dont have anything on their merchandise referring to what season it is, and this has nothing to do with victory.

obviously we want to all be black and white instead of gay purple and yellow!

The idea is like a year 12 end of year jumper with the large numbers of the season, and we should be called the MAGPIE ARMY which is what we are, not the SILENT ARMY.

magpie_born_and_bred 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:11 pm

Euge, if you could please contact me at willow_carison@hotmail.com in regards to ideas for next year, that would be great!
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:42 pm

lol will. u saying victory supporters dont have anything on the back of tshirts?

bwb 08 or something is on the back of their tshirts for the ppl who have got one.

its funny u say to me that victory chant alot and then on here u say that the victory are the silent one's.

it has to be a good idea for it to work. THEN you have to get people in the cheersquad to actually wear it. even the randoms that sit in cheersquad every now and again
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:06 pm

^ yea luv them!
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:39 pm

Chuck in a nice Hymn book with the new uniform Euge so we can get some nice songs and chants happening!
Thanks mate.

Love the whole idea for the uniform, and it should be mandatory to wear it on the chosen day!

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:27 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
Chuck in a nice Hymn book with the new uniform Euge so we can get some nice songs and chants happening!
Thanks mate.

Shocked Laughing Wink

sam. Capricorn

formally known as BRoDieZ^BaBY

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:46 am

magpie_born_and_bred wrote:

so you're expecting everyone to buy new stuff every year?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
magpie_born_and_bred 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:17 pm

Well possibly we may get a gift from the club???? along with our members caps

Joffa, the hymn book is coming along nicely, Eugene, i need to speak to you about handing out chant books next season! Speak soon.
Will.

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:57 pm

Will you are just being silly now... The club owes us nothing...

Dont expect freebies... none of us do... If you want something you have to be prepared to pay for it!

That's what life is all about!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: