Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Why we can cause major damage this year!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doska 

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 11:17 am
Post subject: Why we can cause major damage this year!Reply with quote

Sitting in third position after 6 rounds, currently 4-2.
We know ourselves we haven't played great football but we have still managed to grind out results and for that reason we are sitting 4-2.
The best is yet to come there is so much improvement left in the side it's not funny. Yes, over the last few days I have had a few arguments with Collingwood supporters because we finally have dpeth. That's a great thing but the argument was who would replace who if Cummings, Molloy were fit & Tarrant coming back into the side. With Richardson on the side lines Adkins, Rhyce Shaw, Ben Kinnear, Andrew Dimatinna, Ben Johnson all these third string players that people think aren't that great I think can be handy for bits in pieces through out the season.
Imagine when Richardson comes back, Rocca, Fraser, McKee & Richardson tall timber around the ground. Who says we are short. Then imagine slotting Molloy, Cummings & a fit O'Bree into our side, suddenly we look even stronger then what we are.
I had big arguments today with oppsition supporters, who the thuck is Melbourne to make the Grand Final in 2000? Was that list of players any better then the list we got now?
How the thuck do Adelaide win back to back premierships and Carlton make the Grand Final in 99.
We are so used to losing we expect success but expect it thinking we will fail like we have in the past.
Look at the season so far!
Richmond - Have had a shocking year so far, they are finished and will struggle to make the eight.

Essendon - Will make the eight, but will struggle to make the top 4.

Hawthorn - The shit & piss are starting to look good but who have they played? They'll make the eight but it will be a challenge to make the top 4.

Carlton - Gone

Adelaide - Dangerous side, have the ability to be a top 4 side but will have to win just about every game at home and snatch games away which they have done well so far. But watch out for them.

West Coast - Will have a decent year never know might sneak into the finals but will always struggle away from Subiaco.

Fremantle - Will do well at home, will struggle away like there fellow western australians.

Port Adelaide - Will finish top 4, them and brisbane will probably take two of those spots.

Kangaroos - Mentally drained, and arent going to do much.

Bulldogs - Not a bad team but not good enough

Brisbane - Class above the rest almost unbeatable at home but can be beaten away.

St Kilda - Dont go there

Sydney - The most overated side in the league by a long shot will probbaly make the eight but will get no where near the top 4.

Melbourne - look very dangerous and if they remain consistent could repeat 98 and 2000 seasons. team to watch.

Collingwood - Remain consistent dont drop our bundle hopefully have good run with injuries, we will make the finals top 4 spot could be up for grabs.

Geelong - To young, wont do any damage.

There you have it, this year it is open for any side that is good enough and i know our team is good enough to make the top 4 especially if richmond can make the thucken top 4 anyone can.

Lets go over our next 6 weeks.

Western Bulldogs

Must win game can move us to 5-2 and if we are to take the next step this year these are the games you definetly dont want to drop.

Brisbane

Big big game if we can overcome the Doggies it would be 1st vs 2nd our toughest test yet and colonial will be sold out.

Port Adelaide - over there
Tough game it will really test us

Sydney-
Should win games like that at home

Melbourne-
Games there for the takingg

Fremantle - Up there
Tough road trip but winning games like that seperates the men from the boys.

From those six games I can see two wins but the rest of them will show us how far our side has come over the past three years under Malthouse.
I beleive all those games are winnable, its all about thinking mentally that it can be done.
We as supporters who have bee loyal to the collingwood football club through the unsuccessful times deserve some success & our boys have the potential what do you all think about this. Do you think im looking to far ahead?
If anyone thinks that im simply just stating why we can finish in the top 4 & what we have to do to get there.

We have a great list some great young players and some depth finnally!

Just imagine us in the final day in september and winning imagine victoria park, will all be there for 1 week!!!!!!

i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO THE PIES!

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 3:28 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

agree its looking good but we've been in similar positions after 5-7 rounds and fallen away badly in the past. admittedly, i think the squad is more mature and realistic in its approach this season(and last). the key will be injuries. every side that has finished top 4 in the last 5-10 years has had a good run with injuries during that season. for us, we can take heart that we have been hit badly already yet are 4-2. molloy, obree, cummings, richo all missing majority of games. fraser, adkins etc struck down with osteitis pubis would suggest these guys will not peak til towards the end of the season. other clubs may have longer injury lists but, with the exception of the saints, i think we have been hit by injuries to our most vital players more than any other club. if we can get a stretch of 5-6 games where our best 22 is on the paddock, we can really make a push for september.
somewhat surprisingly, our main injuries(and tazza with suspension) have come to our forwards yet we have rarely looked directionless up front(the filth game excluded). we have always been able to kick a winning or competitive score(kicked 18 in our only other loss to the tiger - 18 goals will win 90% of games). our biggest strength has been our backline. in the last 3 games(wins) we have conceeded just 16 goals. superb. in contrast, we have kicked 40. we should not expect to do this every week of course but no matter how good our forward line could be(cummings, rocca, tazza, neon, nicky d, clogs, molloy), it means little if a side conceedes 17-20 goals a match. burns, clokey, clement, presti, tarks, freeborn, fraser etc have been our greatest asset.
doska went thru the next 6 games already but...;
bulldogs - a must win. in my opinion, they are an ok side but all our hard work will be undone if we lose to a side we should now be expected to beat.
brissy - showed we can win against anyone with on anzac day. not impossible.
port - very tough, however last year we produced our best two wins of the season in adelaide. we were the only side in the comp to travel to adelaide and win both. hopefully some confidence can be garnered from those efforts.
sydney - a shocking effort in the corresponding game last year, kicking just 7 goals under a roof. we have started to overcome the flood and will need to again over the most over rated team in the league. its a tough call on any afl side but i reckon the swans are soft.
demons - bad record on queens b'day that needs to be broken. melbourne have a good list but winnable.
freo - proving very tough at subi. have belted richmond and essendon in last 2 home games.
i think 7-5 after 12 would be a good effort. that would mean winning approx 5 from the last 10 to make the 8, and probably 7 to make top 4. i think we will finish about 6th. the jump from 7 wins(2000) to 11 wins(last year) is big. the jump from 11 wins to 12 or 13 is even bigger.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 7:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

you've gotta remember we have played very well the last couple of weeks without Molloy Tarrant and OBree.

When these guys come back it will be interesting to see if the young guys like Cloke and McGough and Johnson keep their form, cause if they do, we will dominate. We will be the Victorian Brisbane. But to do that McKee needs to keep playing well, and the young guys need to be there or there abouts all season.

Remember last year and the year before.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: