Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Fair weather supporters

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 3:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe you guys rule!!! my love for the magpies is only JUST a tiny weeny bit less than that for my wife and kids and besides them it is my great love, in the good times and the bad there has allways been my love for the black and white, why? who knows, I was born this way and had a relapse I guess. I can't ever say a bad word about the team, I may think it but never say it, you pull on that jumper and you have my respect and my unflinching support, some call it blind faith and maybe it is in a way, B'cos it is my religion, it's what I believe in and what I have faith in, Collingwood.
We unlike other clubs supporters are lucky, We know for a fact that there will always be Collingwood, I know when my great great grand children are born there will be Collingwood, with passionate supporters like those in the posts above how can it be otherwise?, it can't, Collingwood for ever.
It was during that game against the filth that I said to my wife ( with a tear in my eye )" SEE burnsy? thats why I love Collingwood, Thats why, see them never give it up, they might get beaten but they never give up" SSB had just taken 3 filths to the ground all by himself to force a ball up, and Bucks was 1st there to praise his effort. I nearly burst with pride. never give it up.
I feel so lucky to have such a constant love in my life, in a world that can be so f*&%ed up at times, from when I can 1st remember till now, and forever I will love Collingwood.
quote:

Magpie, a Symbol of Happiness

Magpie is a symbol of happiness in Chinese culture. The singing of a magpie foretells happiness and good luck. That's why it is called 'Happy Magpie' by Chinese people. The Manchu minority in Northeast China even regards magpies as sacred birds. Legends concerning magpies are found in the historical records about Manzhu.

One day, Fokulon, the goddess from heaven, and her two sisters were playing beside the lake when a beautiful magpie with a red fruit in its mouth came above them. The magpie dropped the fruit. Fokulon picked it up and ate it. Some months later, she gave birth to a boy, named Bukulirongshun. He was the forefather of Manchu minority.

Bukulirongshun and his descendants were all heroic and skilled fighters. The neighboring tribes all thought of them as a potential threat. They formed an alliance and decided to genocide the rising tribe. A boy named Fancha escaped the slaughter in a way. The slaughterers learned and tried to catch him. Fancha kept running until dusk fell. The boy was almost caught up with when a magpie lighted on his head. He stood motionless so that he looked more like a tree trunk in the dim field. The hunters did mistake him for a trunk and ran on in another direction. It was the magpie that saved Fancha, the only survival of the tribe in the genocide.

Fancha was grateful to the bird and believed it to be something sacred who brought him happiness and good fortune. Generation by generation, Manchu people all take magpies as a symbol of happiness and luck. In 1644, a Manchu man became China's emperor and established the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911). Manchu culture was injected into Han culture. Now the belief that magpies bring happiness is shared by most Chinese people.

Written by column writer Ye Qinfa.

So sing on Magpies.

You people have now seen more of my soul than any other besides my wife and kids, why? B'cos we are Family, the Collingwood family.

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 3:30 am

further to my last post a litle story I found........
a lesson for other clubs????

quote:

Ute Stories

Winter was a time when the families were stuck together through the winter. Often in the evenings when the cold kept everyone in close quarters, stories were told to take the edge off of winter. Here is a story that could have been told around a winter fire.

Why Different Birds Build Different Kinds of Nests

Long ago Magpie was known by all the birds as the best nest builder. His nest had a nice top on it. The rain and the snow could not get inside.

One day he called all the birds together. He was going to show them how to make their nests. He told each on to bring things to use to make a nest.

Some of the birds brought strings. Some of them brought twigs. Others brought hair and sticks. They brought all the things they needed to make a nice nest.

Some of the birds went along with Magpie just so far, then they stopped listening and left. "We don't want to take so much time," they said, " these nests are good enough for us." They were the lazy ones, they made their nests on the ground, like Killdeer and Duck.

Some of the birds wanted better nests. They worked longer . They said, " Oh, this will do, I'll stop now."

Other birds listened and watched Magpie, teach them his ways. They wanted good nests. They got tired too and went home.

The Eagle stayed a long time. He wanted a good nest for his family. Soon he said, " I don't like to be here on the ground with the other birds." So he took his nest up to the mountain and put it under an overhanging rock. Magpie started to show him how to make a top to keep out the rain, wind and snow. But he said," Oh, the cliff will keep the wind and rain out. I don't need a top. And anyway, I don't want to work anymore now." So he stopped working on his nest and went on his way.

Oriole was the only one of all birds who stayed and listened to everything Magpie had to tell him about how to make a good nest. So that is why the Oriole and the Magpie have the best made nests of all the birds. And that is why all the birds make different kinds of nests today.

http://www.northernute.com/

lones 

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 10:47 am

I luv the pies 2 death, and I am very proud to be a COLLINGWOOD supporter. We are part of the greatest club in the history of the A.F.L and all the other clubs would kill 2 have the loyalty and passion that we have for COLLINGWOOD. I have always supported the pies, I always have and I always will. Just because we may have had a bad run in the past dosnt mean we can stop supporting our club, and to all those people that stop supporting the club when things go wrong, I have one thing to say to U.. WE DONT NEED U, WE NEVER NEEDED YOU, AND BESIDES U WERE JUST TAKING UP GOOD SEATS AT THE GAMES THAT US LOYAL SUPPORTERS COULD HAVE SAT IN, HAHAHAHAHA 'LADDER' !!!!!!!
Ahh glad to finally get that off my chest !!!!!

OHHHHHH the Ryan Lonie OHHHHHH the Ryan Lonie OHHHHHH the Ryan Lonie and thats what its all about

Doska 

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 12:52 pm

This is the way I see it.
As Joffa said, you are either Collingwood or your not simple as that!
I have gone over this before,
You have your loyal supporters there every week, cheer squad (who I feel are the best in the league by ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->>>>> THAT MUCH!

you have your loyal supporters, who make it to most games but only sometimes have other commitments. (sporting) is mine cant make sunday games until afta july 28th.

Membership is so importnant all these loyal fans have to be members or they arent considered loyal, why if your a collingwood suppoorter and go regurlary wouldnt u wana become a member of the greatest football side in the competition.

you have your bandwagoners - I cant stand you pricks! i know a fair ammount of them, we lost to carlton by 20 points i thucken wore my collingwood scarfe to school 3 days later and faced the music, they all say to me we are thucking shit y u wearing that scarfe i shut the thuck up will bounce bak there like where thuckingshit we wont bounce nothing.
we bounced back you thucken morons, we bounced bak hard eat your words you thucken cock wanks sorry bout the language but i cant stand them.

i cant stand supporters who go to games and constantly bag our players, yeh I have a go at some once in a bluuee moon but thats once in a blue moon we all do. i hate supporters that critacise us especially our own. if you critacise us do it technically , i neva critacise the team by saying where shit etc etc, i will go over where we went wrong and how can we improve it. what we have to do to be succesful.
these bandwagoners arent real supporters they are simply just there and should follow richmond.
i had a richmond supporter tell me today, that he should go for collingwood afta losing to adelaide talk about bandwagoners.

all i got to say is, faith, loyalty will be rewarded with a premiership!!!!

GO THE PIES!

paulie 

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 12:59 pm

Well said Doska you are a complete thucking Collingwood Legeend mate.Can't belive the passion from a 17 year old great stuff.Makes me want to lift my game on Sunday to make up for your absence.Will buy you a beer before we kick Brisvegas all the way back to Queensland.

Doska 

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 1:29 pm

Paulie, I'll make sure I buy you a beer, before we kick the Banana Benders back to Queensland! No offence to Queenslanders but I just dont like them why coz there not Victoria I love the Big V!!! Wish state of origin was back in the AFL. Seeing That was the season it was (90) few days ago on tape, seeing us lose to NSW & Tasmania but when we beat WA, Teddy Whitten (used the famous words we stuck it right up them) I love that stuff when it comes to states I get personal having represented my state in soccer queensland are our big enemies.
As for this week, theres thousands and thousands of collingwood supporters that will make the journey to colonial on sunday for the first time in a long time ill be listening to the radio hopewfully rexie and the boys will cover the collingwood match.
rex hunt really knows how to make a game exciting.
as for doug hawkins, saying buckley will get suspended, first learn how to talk you ugly kant just because we are playing your side that eddie mcguuire saved.
show some respect to bucks u thucken goose!

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 3:26 pm

Doska

Mate i love your passion get your sweet arse in the cheer squad pal!!
I tell ya something to us older maggies its a great thrill to hear the young ones show so much love for this club LOL i can see a lot of 'joffa' LOL in you, and its thucken fantastic, keep it up mate allways love the magpies as you do now it gives me goosebumps to read and hear you love collingwood so much, your the next generation so to speak and its your responsibility to carry the passion and pass it on and forever unashamedly declare your love for the greatest club in the world.
well done pal!!!

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 4:13 pm

We all support in our own way.

My way may not be your way, but that makes neither of us right - it just makes us different.

Don't be too ready to judge because somebody is not a member, or may not go to games, or is pissed off when we lose. Each of us contributes in his/her own way.

It might be comfortable if everyone was the same - we were all members, we all went to all the games and we never got disillusioned. Yes, if these were mandatory requirements for following the Pies it would be very comfortable indeed. It would also be very boring and we'd have the smallest supporter base in the comp.

Don't slag people off just because they don't do what you do.

Doska 

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 4:20 pm

Mike I understand where your coming from, I wasn't slagging anyone off I just got no respect for the bandwagoners and it will be good if a lot of our supporters that aren't members to become ones dont you agree? It's all for the good of the club. I wasnt telling anyone how to support Collingwood.
I forgot to mention the interstate supporters!!!! Especially the ones that live in one team or two team cities. Keep it up.

BJ Aquarius

Harry C - The champion of the Harrys

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 5:11 pm

Good call Mike. I love your passion Doska, but some people can't hold their feelings back on the spur of the moment... They love the 'pies so much, that it hurts to see them fail.
There is not many bandwagoner supporters in the 'pies camp. One white eye and one black is the general rule of thumb. Over my 30 years plus as a magpie supporter I have NEVER met any ONE of them that does not love Collingwood.
Other clubs may be different, but to live and breath Black'N White is something special. Be forgiving of the people who love us but bag us, they really only want the pies to win. They have their own way of showing their feelings.
"Play the Ball, Not the Man" but never give up your passion....if you can see what I mean

BJ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: