Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rudd promises formal apology

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

bwphantom wrote:
nomadjack wrote:
bwphantom wrote:
Well just be thankful that Beazley was not the leader, because howard does not hold a candle to that racist pirck.

What's that based on bwphantom?

So the fact that Howard did nothing about it also makes him racist??

Maybe Rudd is racist as well, but maybe he is just taking steps for what the people want. Maybe you are racist as well? maybe I am??

Just perception is it not??

I don't know what you are talking about bwphantom. I simply want to know what you have based your comment that Beazley is a racist pirck on.

Nice succinct post Mike. I don't understand how or why people don't understand this concept. It's not rocketscience.
member34258 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:28 pm

bwphantom wrote:
Well just be thankful that Beasley was not the leader, because Howard does not hold a candle to that racist pirck.
It is not about which party is racist, it is the particular view held by the leader. This is why politics suck, because these wankers somehow believe that their prejudices and beliefs, somehow, are what we the majaroty believe. Just complete BS.

Some evidence please.
And no, posting again questioning Howard or Rudd about being racist is not evidence that Beasley is.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:41 pm

David wrote:
The German government of today has no political connection to the Nazi party of the 30s and 40s. The people in the German government, and the majority of the country's population, were not involved in any part of that era.

So what connection does any of the government of today have with the government in question, when the stolen generation was meant to have taken place?

I certainly don't want him making and apology on my behalf as I have done nothing wrong.

The moment he says sorry it is official recognition that something had taken place and the law suits will begin. The so called stolen generation will start to come out the wood work and we (the tax payer) will foot the bill.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:23 pm

Interesting.

Quote:
Just days before the election, Rudd was asked six times by 3AW's Neil Mitchell if he'd say "sorry" to Aborigines as Prime Minister.

Rudd, still playing at being conservative, tried every which way to avoid promising that "s" word.

Rudd: Well, the substance of it will be sorry, apology, but frankly if you ask me for the precise form of language . . .

Mitchell: No, I'm asking for that one word, because this is where the Prime Minister has been targeted. Will you use the word sorry?

Rudd: Yeah, I said in the debate against the Prime Minister at the beginning of the campaign that were we elected to form the next government of Australia, I will as Prime Minister of the country of course express an apology, and I make no bones with that.

Mitchell: But the Prime Minister has already done that. Will you say sorry?

Rudd: Well, apology is sorry, it's the same thing.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22832521-5000117,00.html

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:38 pm

Mike wrote:
David wrote:
Apparently the mainland Aborigines had indeed done most of the 'slaughtering' before white people finished them off.

Should the mainland Aborigines apologise to the Tasmanian Aborigines as well? Or is it only white people who have been guilty of atrocities?

Careful David, you're starting to sound seriously red-necked. I'd like to see your sources for that statement. Statements like that are normally followed by tales of how aboriginal people eat their children. I'd also like to see the bark canoes that enabled the mainland aborigines to travel over 200kms across the open sea and arrive in such numbers that they were able to do some massacring of the locals.

Or is this supposed to have happened when the land bridge was still intact? You'd better have some seriously strong evidence if you're basing your fact on something that may or may not have happened 60,000 years ago.

From my understanding, the Tasmanian Aborigines (who belonged to a different racial group to today's Aborigines) once inhabited the entirety of the Australian continent, but had, over time, been reduced to a small population in Tasmania where the last of them were wiped out by white people (mostly from diseases, from what I'm aware).

If anyone could enlighten me to the truth or otherwise of this theory, I would be grateful. And Mike, no, it's not the precursor to a redneck rant about Aborigines, it is simply something I understood to be fact, and is completely irrelevant to my main argument anyway.

Stui, who would have thought it? Rolling Eyes

nomadjack 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:21 pm

Here's a novel idea. How about people making big sweeping statements actually backing them up with some facts? David, you made a big call on who was responsible for the genocide of Tasmania's original indigenous population. How about doing your own research and providing a a reference for it rather than crap like 'I remember reading' or 'my understanding'. These are nothing more than cop-outs.

Still waiting for a reply regarding Beazley bwphantom?

And Nuxta the legal angle you raise is absolute bollocks. Every state government in Australia has already apologised for their role in the appalling systematic state-sponsored mistreatment of Australia's indigenous population without any legal ramifications whatsoever. It will be no different at the federal level.

I've seen footage of the Neil Mitchell interview Stui. It is little more than a beat-up. Mitchell was trying to pin Rudd down on the wording of an apology and Rudd was refusing to be pinned down. Be assured, in line with longstanding Labor policy the word 'sorry' will be used.

Seriously, can we have some serious factually based debate rather than scaremongering and unfounded homespun theories?
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:47 pm

In the Election Topic i quoted what Zi heard a politician say. None of you liked it so I was branded a liar.

So I do have some information concerning beazleys roots and his spin on Aboriginal affairs...but if i tell you then I am just lying right???

And once again what I heard him say was my perception. And everyone else on here decided that Howard was a racist on the thin basis of not 'Apologising' in just as unfounded.

So Nomad off your soapbox mate. Oh gee i am very sorry I called a labor politician a racist, I forgot that you think the sun shines out of their arses.

As for me politicians are just wankers whether they come form Labor Liberal or the Left wing pick your nose and eat shit party. I don't respect any of them. All of them are lying bastards out for one thing themselves. And just like Howard Rudd will spin the lies to...and if you don't believe that then you are as naive as you sound.

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:49 pm

bwphantom wrote:
And everyone else on here decided that Howard was a racist on the thin basis of not 'Apologising' in just as unfounded.

I'd reckon Howard has a little more form than that....
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:56 pm

Racist = the Second most loosley used word today, 'Mate' is first.

racism = belief in the superiority of a particular race..... the KKK are the only ones who still practice this, the nazis were the last.

nomadjack 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:18 pm

bwphantom wrote:
In the Election Topic i quoted what Zi heard a politician say. None of you liked it so I was branded a liar.

So I do have some information concerning beazleys roots and his spin on Aboriginal affairs...but if i tell you then I am just lying right???

And once again what I heard him say was my perception. And everyone else on here decided that Howard was a racist on the thin basis of not 'Apologising' in just as unfounded.

So Nomad off your soapbox mate. Oh gee i am very sorry I called a labor politician a racist, I forgot that you think the sun shines out of their arses.

As for me politicians are just wankers whether they come form Labor Liberal or the Left wing pick your nose and eat shit party. I don't respect any of them. All of them are lying bastards out for one thing themselves. And just like Howard Rudd will spin the lies to...and if you don't believe that then you are as naive as you sound.

So I guess the answer is you have nothing to back up your comment bwphantom. By the way, I don't think the sun shines out of Labor politicians arses and for your information, plenty of them over the years have been racist. Like Howard I wouldn't piss on them either.

Have you been under a rock for the last 11 years? Howard not apologising is a minor part of the picture. Try his scare tactics on native title; his footsies with Hanson; his destruction of ATSIC yet failure to act on the AWB; his bullshit on Tampa; his revisionist position on Australain history; his lying on children overboard; on the security risk posed by refugees; on Haneef etc etc. And then of course there is his position on Asian immigration. He has repeatedly used race as a political football.

If you believe all politicians are only out for themselves then it's you who are naive. Most of them on both sides of politics are good people trying to do a difficult job. If you think they are so bad get in the ring and have a go yourself.
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:24 pm

Skids wrote:

racism = belief in the superiority of a particular race..... the KKK are the only ones who still practice this, the nazis were the last.

racism=a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

If you think the Nazis were the last or that the KKK are the only ones still practicing this you are deluded.
bwphantom Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:36 pm

Quote:
Have you been under a rock for the last 11 years? Howard not apologising is a minor part of the picture. Try his scare tactics on native title; his footsies with Hanson; his destruction of ATSIC yet failure to act on the AWB; his bullshit on Tampa; his revisionist position on Australain history; his lying on children overboard; on the security risk posed by refugees; on Haneef etc etc. And then of course there is his position on Asian immigration. He has repeatedly used race as a political football.

No rock mate...just proves my point that they are all lying bastards...not racist, just a liar.

So you know Howard or Beazley or rudd better than me or anyone else on here???

Thought not...so i will retract my statement that beazley is racist...he just doesn't like Indigenous type people. And some of them I don't like either...and also some whiteys I don't like either. All race has good and bad sides...did I mention I worked with Aboriginal people in the West as a volunteer??? And what I heard come out of beazleys mouth was in passing while he was walking to his plane in 1987...so my perception from that is just like any politician they say one thing with their mouth and another with their actions.

So you can believe what you want from that, I heard it end of story.

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:41 pm

nomadjack wrote:
Skids wrote:

racism=a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

If you think the Nazis were the last or that the KKK are the only ones still practicing this you are deluded.

Well where and who are they?

It's WHO you are not WHAT you are that matters the most.

I've just been watching the news where this noongar family are screaming deaths in custody , police brutallity blah blah blah.

We then hear the 000 recording from a 10yr old boy locked in his grandmothers laundry as a drunken, drug fuelled Mr Woods rips the doors off and smashes into the house. The lunatic dies whilst being restrained and it's all somebody elses fault(even though he has a known heart condition and high BP, sure the drugs and grog will help), racist police etc etc. You should see the footage it looks like the terminator has ripped through the front door.

bwphantom Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:50 pm

Skids wrote:
nomadjack wrote:
Skids wrote:

Well where and who are they?

It's WHO you are not WHAT you are that matters the most.

I've just been watching the news where this noongar family are screaming deaths in custody , police brutallity blah blah blah.

We then hear the 000 recording from a 10yr old boy locked in his grandmothers laundry as a drunken, drug fuelled Mr Woods rips the doors off and smashes into the house. The lunatic dies whilst being restrained and it's all somebody elses fault(even though he has a known heart condition and high BP, sure the drugs and grog will help), racist police etc etc. You should see the footage it looks like the terminator has ripped through the front door.

Tis alright skids Nomad believes he knows what goes on in the world from what he sees on the TV or the Internet. And then spins off what he perceives.
Even Hal is starting to sound as logical.

Jock McHale
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:52 pm

I will ask my to rent it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7   

Jump to: