Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Message for channel 9

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed healey 

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 3:26 am
Post subject: Message for channel 9Reply with quote

If you guys are going to make us interstate fans wait until the game is over before showing us friday night footy.
beware the backlash.
treat us like mugs and you will be sorry.
I thought the idea was to get advertising revenue.
well if we all listen to the footy first before watching it,we will tape the game and rather than have to sit up until 1130 to watch it,as we already know the result,we will watch the tape when ready and the ads will get the quick flick.
very soon the advertisers will cotton on and then where will you be?
7 over here have the same problem with the glory soccer fans.
they have embargoed 7 altogether for not showing the soccer until 1030.
treat us like mugs?we have the last laugh!!!
Mr Mcguire may i suggest friday night footy be more watcher friendly ie start at no later than 0730 or give fox the friday night live rights.they would show it when it happens.

GreatGonzo Taurus

Muppet

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 4:38 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent an email to the AFL a few weeks ago asking them to at least ask Channel 9 to give the rights to Fox footy - of course I didn't get a reply, but a few days later they moved it to 9:30pm ...
I prefer the games live though.

I just read something about the split round games and it said that the Magpies-Shockers game wouldn't be shown because the various broadcasters can't reach an agreement and the AFL hasn't taken split rounds into account when they made the deal. Bloody typical - and the interstate supporter comes last. When do they undersatnd that I can't go to the we can't go to the game even if we wnat to.

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 7:56 am

There have been many email sent to ch9/ch10,but they all come back AFL is to be contacted.
I have contacted them many times,but the only answer is 'TELSTRA HAS THE CONTRACT WITH THE AFL FOR TV SO CONTACT TELSTRA...YOU CONTACT TELSTRA AND THEY SAY >>>>>>THANK YOU FOUR YOUR CONCERN....'where do we go from there.
I listen to the game on ABC radio ,and unfortunately CH9 has a CONTRACT with NRL,and Ch9 recon that AFL dosent rate.....who do you believe.
Try getting onto www.notgoodenough.org and voice your opinion.They recon that this site will help out....god knows.
Any way I listen to ABC radio whilst watching the TV,so why wait until 11:30pm....in NSW and QLD NRL has a precedence over AFL.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 10:26 am

Ch9 dont give a toss about football outside victoria, the only reason I can see that they payed for the rights in the 1st place is to prop up the NRL, after all, the money they threw at the NRL when the super league crap was going on has to be protected. Here in the NT its a Aussie rules football region but we see less now than when ch7 had the rights, why? so they can put more NRL on tv, today for instance we got the sydney game and all the rest of the day is NRL crap. the excuse that afl don't rate is crap, how can it rate if its not on?. once again the AFL have been caught with there pants down and have no way of fixing it. for 5 YEARS we are going to have to put up with this, 5 YEARS!
Dont blame Eddie, blame the AFL, its them that signed the contract, its them that didn't ensure we got the same or better coverage, its them that have given us this problem, its them that don't give a shit about us interstaters, after all they have all that money now, so they can say "we have made money this year". I honestly can't see any end to this, B'cos if any thing is to change the AFL will have to listen to the fans and you know how that geos, and they would have to admit they got it wrong and we all know the AFL never gets anything wrong, just ask Jackson he'll tell ya.

Bones 

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 4:44 pm

Sundays game will only get a part replay at 4pm...
Channel 9 you are hopeless....

So far for the PIES one game Live on Fox and one game live on 9 anzac day...

[This message has been edited by Bones (edited 05 May 2002).]
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 2:07 am

heh we won't even get that here m8, we get a game of nrl instead.
when's it on cable?.
and you know its only going to get worse next year when they start playing cricket in darwin and cairns during the footy season, how's ch9 going to fit that in with their football coverage?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: