Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The New Liberals

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:28 pm
Post subject: The New LiberalsReply with quote

Well with everyone tipping that the Liberal party will be defeated this weekend I thought I would throw it open to the masses as to who they believe will be the Leader of the opposition that would have a chance of stealing it all back again in 4 years (or however long Labor last).

Everyone seems to hate Costello so who will it be?

Cheers

EBB 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Peewee herman

well

no-one

else

has

any

suggestion.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:32 pm

Bloody I hate Liberals
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:32 pm
Post subject: Re: The New LiberalsReply with quote

Northern Pie wrote:
Well with everyone tipping that the Liberal party will be defeated this weekend I thought I would throw it open to the masses as to who they believe will be the Leader of the opposition that would have a chance of stealing it all back again in 4 years (or however long Labor last).

Everyone seems to hate Costello so who will it be?

Cheers

NO ONE

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:35 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Bloody I hate Liberals
Why do you hate Liberals so much?
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:23 pm

Will Hodgman, let him take the top job surely the guy will succeed at something...though I think Turnbull would be the next in charge, you cannot give it to Dumbo ears Abbott, though Labor would like that idea.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
member34258 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:26 pm

Turnball is already being accused of distancing himself from the sinking ship.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/11/19/2094364.htm
Quote:
Today's Daily Telegraph newspaper reports that Mr Turnbull has privately criticised Prime Minister John Howard for staying on, and is predicting a gloomy election result.

He, of course, denies all.

If he can retain his seat he will most likely lead as Costello will be tarred with the losers brush.
Big doubts over his retention of his seat.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/11/19/2094230.htm
Quote:
The Nielsen poll published in today's Sydney Morning Herald newspaper shows the Labor candidate for Wentworth, George Newhouse, has a two-party preferred lead of 52 per cent to 48 per cent.

Apart from the pulp mill decision, he is now accused of favoring a campaign donor;
http://www.theage.com.au/news/National/Turnbull-denies-donor-influence/2007/11/19/1195321696517.html
Quote:
Environment and Water Minister Malcolm Turnbull says there is "absolutely no connection" between a $10 million government grant to controversial rainmaking technology and his own fundraising efforts.

Mr Turnbull in October announced the coalition would help trial the "rainfall enhancement technique" owned by the Australian Rain Corporation (ARC).

ABC television reported that ARC chairman and part owner Matt Handbury - Rupert Murdoch's nephew - was a donor to The Wentworth Forum, Mr Turnbull's fundraising group.

I would like Joe Hockey to put his hand up. Until recently, he has performed very well. Generally getting his point across without empty rhetoric. The last 6 weeks have been bad for him, but he is not on his own in that regard.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:38 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Bloody I hate Liberals

Honestly Dave, why even bother with a comment like that? Dave, I'm sure you have reasons, so perhaps you should explain your hatred. Perhaps it is hereditary.

Btw, to answer the question. Costello will lead the Liberals, however, he is going to have a very hard time convincing the public that he would make a good PM. Apart from him, I'm not sure there is anyone that the public would follow.
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:38 am

I doubt that the seat of Dickson will go to Labor and Dutton is definetly a future prospect. Not for awhile but rest assured this guy is going to go places and a he fits the Mould as a future PM

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:45 am

Joel wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Bloody I hate Liberals

Honestly Dave, why even bother with a comment like that? Dave, I'm sure you have reasons, so perhaps you should explain your hatred. Perhaps it is hereditary.

Btw, to answer the question. Costello will lead the Liberals, however, he is going to have a very hard time convincing the public that he would make a good PM. Apart from him, I'm not sure there is anyone that the public would follow.

Because the Liberals screw over Working-Class and Middle Class Australia and only helps Rich Australia Evil or Very Mad

nomadjack 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:28 am

Recent history would suggest that the Libs will be out of office at the federal level for at least 3 terms if not longer Given the faction riven and almost uniform shitty condition of their organisation at the state level the party could seriously implode once they get turfed out. Probably see Costello as leader in the short term, but doubt that he will have the stomach for the grind of being in opposition after being Treasurer for so long. Looking like a re-run of the 1980s with Costello, Abbott and Turnball knifing each other relentlessly for a decade. What beautiful entertainment that will be!!!
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:54 am

nomadjack wrote:
Recent history would suggest that the Libs will be out of office at the federal level for at least 3 terms if not longer Given the faction riven and almost uniform shitty condition of their organisation at the state level the party could seriously implode once they get turfed out. Probably see Costello as leader in the short term, but doubt that he will have the stomach for the grind of being in opposition after being Treasurer for so long. Looking like a re-run of the 1980s with Costello, Abbott and Turnball knifing each other relentlessly for a decade. What beautiful entertainment that will be!!!

Their are plenty of Brutus in the labor Party as well. they lost the last Election because of them. it will be interesting to watch Rudd dodge the knives if he wins office. And he has Brutus reincarnate as his treasurer, Swan has knifed so many people in the labor Party he must have blood stained hands by now. Don't be fooled things are not as peaceful in the Labor camp as it seems ATM. They have realised that, and have kept rather low key to have a chance of gaining power.

But Ruddy watch out if you lose mate.

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:04 pm

I think people like Joe Hockey. I think he would be the Libs best chance of re-election (if they lose).
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:52 pm

People don't seem to like Costello, but I do. (except for him being an Essendon supporter).

Hockey would need a bit of an image make over and drop a few kg's, but the substance is there.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:13 pm

Tess wrote:
They will be frogged for years.

They said the same about Labor last time.

Dave The Man wrote:
Because the Liberals screw over Working-Class and Middle Class Australia and only helps Rich Australia Evil or Very Mad

Not exactly Dave. My family is lower-middle class, and yet are far better off under the Libs, for reasons that I'm not exactly sure. I think it's all the children. Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: